Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape EP 10 Teaser

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Hoping that some Winter activities can be take place at home, too.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Snowy Escape gives me destination world's vibes. Hope not. For now, the sports activities will definitelly add to my game, but it isn't something i'm over the top about. I hope the ep adds some new cool systems as hotels or something else big enough. Island Living brought odd jobs and part time jobs for adults, which are cool but not enough game changing for an ep. Anyway, i'll get it for sure. It's a nice theme. however i wish someday to get an african world...

The map doesn't look like a destination world to me. And also no building looks like a hotel, but who knows?

There is a new icon in there though, which could be a Hotel.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I was thinking the same.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Snowy Escape gives me destination world's vibes. Hope not. For now, the sports activities will definitelly add to my game, but it isn't something i'm over the top about. I hope the ep adds some new cool systems as hotels or something else big enough. Island Living brought odd jobs and part time jobs for adults, which are cool but not enough game changing for an ep. Anyway, i'll get it for sure. It's a nice theme. however i wish someday to get an african world...

The map doesn't look like a destination world to me. And also no building looks like a hotel, but who knows?

There is a new icon in there though, which could be a Hotel.

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    After a mostly disappointing 2020 for Sims (the SP were the highlights to be honest and that's because I don't expect much from them), I'm so excited for this release! I can't wait to find out more.

This was my though just now too. I’ll try to get the SW pack even happened 🤢
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

From the map leaked there is a rental icon above a lot, it’s possible it’ll be patched in on the November patch

If that's true you think we could finally choose to live in destination worlds? Cause then any lot could be a rental or residential 😱😱
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there!
    I merged threads together so it's easier to keep track of things. :)
    edited October 2020
    I think either (hopefully) they’re finally giving us the opportunity to place rental lots In residential worlds. Which would be great in Sulani as well. Or they’ll only have one rental lot in that world but we won’t be able to place it anywhere else (like in destination worlds....)

From the map leaked there is a rental icon above a lot, it’s possible it’ll be patched in on the November patch

If that's true you think we could finally choose to live in destination worlds? Cause then any lot could be a rental or residential 😱😱

Post edited by Dianesims on
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    THE pack we expected when we first saw the Batuu icon.

fyi, komorebi means sunbeam
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
    edited October 2020
    Hoping that some Winter activities can be take place at home, too.

I'm guessing they can be performed when there's enough snow on the ground if you have Seasons. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Lilsimsie face just like “I #### up everything now, god help me” 😂😂😂

Glad that not many people notices it
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    My heart fell when I saw the snowy vacation theme (really, really not interested) but picked up again at the Asian theme. I hope that the Japanese theme is explored thoroughly instead of just being a backdrop, bc I've been wanting Asian gameplay for years :smile: Bring on the martial arts, ink paintings, koi fish collections and delicious recipes! Very hyped for the possibilities of beautiful Japanese build/buy. Cuuuuuuuuurves :heart:

The world looks like it has residential and rental lots. It would be awesome if that means we get hotels. I might actually buy this pack if it has hotels alongside nice Japanese gameplay.

As for Seasons, it looks like the mountains will permanently have snow (Seasons not required) and the rest of the world will only have snow if you have Seasons and it is winter/autumn.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Asian inspired.. I'm hugging myself. And snow sports! I gotta get my sims on the rock climbing machine in preparation!
    egTcBMc.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I'm looking forward to the sports activities the most; I play a lot of Active Sims (just behind Creative) which goes against type since I tend to be a bit of a couch spud. The sports activities will give them something more to do than just jogging and visiting the gym. Maybe a new Extreme Sports career to go with the current athlete/fitness trainer?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Ooh, I wonder if I can turn this world into Hoth to extend my Star Wars gameplay?

While winter sports don't interest me, I do need a new world for the lots and some full length trousers that don't stop at the ankle. :D Looking forward to new hairs and coats and winter wear too!
    #Team Occult
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    So excited for this. This is the first ep or gp I’ve been excited about since the leak of island living and then the trailer for that dropped which just added even more excitement. I honestly never thought this would be the next pack although i wanted it. My sims can finally go on a snowy holiday and I haven’t had this gameplay since sims 1. The thing that would top this off for me is to be able to place rental lots in all worlds I hope that could be in a patch. Can’t wait for the trailer tomorrow to see more.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Very disappointed. Hate that it's a Japanese world. Won't get much use out of the build or cas items. Will be skipping this one as well.
    He/Him
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I could cry I’m so excited 😭😭😭
    We don’t know what CAS or Build/buy will be like. It’ll have Japanese inspired things probably but also, as far as CAS goes, winter/ski clothing.
    Very disappointed. Hate that it's a Japanese world. Won't get much use out of the build or cas items. Will be skipping this one as well.

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Holy plum, I got my Hokkaido pack. :o
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Love the look so far. Hope if it is residential you can still use it as destination world as well. I want to send my sims on vacation there, not necessarily live there. Hopefully they include Hotels or Resorts in this pack. So far though, I am keeping my excitement to a slow burn. Hopefully trailer tomorrow will change that for the better.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I would like to see them add an outerwear category.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Asian inspired.. I'm hugging myself. And snow sports! I gotta get my sims on the rock climbing machine in preparation!

I was thinking the same thing about rock climbing. :smiley:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
    Chazzzy wrote: »

We already have 2 of those though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    We don’t know what CAS or Build/buy will be like. It’ll have Japanese inspired things probably but also, as far as CAS goes, winter/ski clothing.

That's true. Most of the build and cas items will be Japanese inspired and I won't get any use out of them. Those things would look very out of place in a different world. I am happy for those that are happy, but I'm just not feeling it.
    He/Him
    No, it’s cold weather and warm weather clothes but the sims don’t change just to go outside. I think what Chazzzy means is an outerwear category like what we had in TS3, so our sims would finally take off their coats inside.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

We already have 2 of those though.