Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 : release for 2021 ?!

Comments

• Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited October 2020
    boy as laughable as this is, if I were a bookie I'd start taking wagers on this. So much money to be made by folks that believe it's true.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    why are y'all so pressed about this? where's the need to mock the op? he only showed us the website and some info about it, never claimed he 100% believes them. we get it guys you're all smarter and realized before everyone else that the website may have fake info but we talking about ts5, whether it's in 2021 or not it will eventually release and it's not a bad thing to talk about it.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    Chaton wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    Any chance of you looking to see if Paradox Tectonic have any placeholders for what they're up to?

I can look (and you can too if you want to check by yourself) but I'm not familiar with Paradox Tectonic. Do you know on which platform it will be distributed ?

Edited to add : just had a quick look but didn't find anything under that name. If you want to have a look, this is the link (https://instant-gaming.com/fr/rechercher/?all_types=1&all_cats=1&min_price=0&max_price=100&noprice=1&min_discount=0&max_discount=100&min_reviewsavg=10&max_reviewsavg=100&noreviews=1&available_in=MT&gametype=all&sort_by=avail_date_desc&query=), just select the descending release date order. It's the last option in the scroll down menu on the right.
    BTW The Sims 5 is on the second page.

1603112448-capture-d-ecran-2020-10-19-a-15-00-05.jpg

It's just that Paradox Tectonic is where Rod Humble (ex EA/Maxis Sims2 & Lindon Labs Second Life) is working on something very secret which might be Sims or Cims (Paradox) related and a simulation competitor to EA/Maxis!. That's all!
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    why are y'all so pressed about this? where's the need to mock the op? he only showed us the website and some info about it, never claimed he 100% believes them. we get it guys you're all smarter and realized before everyone else that the website may have fake info but we talking about ts5, whether it's in 2021 or not it will eventually release and it's not a bad thing to talk about it.

I agree.

And everyone is saying that they will announce a year in advance, but I think it will be different this time. They used to announced the new iterations a year in advance and packs 6 months in advance. But ever since TS4 was released, all its packs have been shrouded in speculation and mystery until about 2 weeks to a month in advance. I think for TS5, they will announce maybe as early as only a few months in advance and not a whole year.

I think they will do it this way because TS4 simmers will be upset when TS5 is announced when there is still so much missing from TS4 or needs fixing and they spent so much money on it (not worth it!). Others will also just stop buying TS4 packs to save up for TS5. I think TS5 will be so much better though so everyone will want to buy it!

I love TS3, but I know I won't be able to play it forever on newer Windows versions and computer hardware in 10 years or so, so I really need TS5 to be a worthy successor to it!

• Options
    LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    If we do have a sims 5, I would like to see a height adjuster added, in addition to weight and skin color adjusters. I would also like to be able to create sims with and without disabilities. Another thing I would like to see is worlds with no roads, so my sims will have to walk everywhere instead of driving.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited October 2020
    No advertising 1 year before the release date ??? Aren't they proud of their work ?

Dragon Age 4 release date is maybe 2022, BioWare already announced it.
  • Options
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It's possible they misunderstood EA, it could also be the new Maxis IP

Could also be the case, yes. I'm really curious as to what the new IP will be
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

I agree.

And everyone is saying that they will announce a year in advance, but I think it will be different this time. They used to announced the new iterations a year in advance and packs 6 months in advance. But ever since TS4 was released, all its packs have been shrouded in speculation and mystery until about 2 weeks to a month in advance. I think for TS5, they will announce maybe as early as only a few months in advance and not a whole year.

I think they will do it this way because TS4 simmers will be upset when TS5 is announced when there is still so much missing from TS4 or needs fixing and they spent so much money on it (not worth it!). Others will also just stop buying TS4 packs to save up for TS5. I think TS5 will be so much better though so everyone will want to buy it!

I love TS3, but I know I won't be able to play it forever on newer Windows versions and computer hardware in 10 years or so, so I really need TS5 to be a worthy successor to it!

ea will find a way to keep people interested in both ts4&5 without losing money. when ts4 released people was still buying from ts3, well people is still buying from ts3 and finding ways to get previous sims games. ts5 perhaps will need some ppl to upgrade their pc which means a lot of people won't be buying it for now. others will probably wait till their favorite pack like supernaturals or whatever. there's always something ea can does to not outshine previous games but assure a future buy on the newest game. all the games on the franchise have something that characterizes them, be it good or bad. but whatever ea does, hopefully ts5 will be amazing <3
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    If we do have a sims 5, I would like to see a height adjuster added, in addition to weight and skin color adjusters. I would also like to be able to create sims with and without disabilities. Another thing I would like to see is worlds with no roads, so my sims will have to walk everywhere instead of driving.

I don't know about technology now but back in sims 1 and 2 days, they said it was too difficult to do height as it then affects interacting with different things that are at a set height like kitchen counters, showers, etc.

No proof of this conversation as it was a long long time ago. I just remember it because it was about how teenagers were the same height as an adult.
    :/
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    Someone in this thread asked what was the premium service (before TS4 release) this was a plan to sell TS4 as a premium service at a monthly fee. It was seen in a reveal of TS4 gameplay in the UI where if you paid the montly fee you could get early access to packs such as OR, Spa Day and Spooky day. This was all before TS4 was even released and was the plan. Those packs were not advertised with their current names of those packs but descriptions about them, so, they were either already in existance (before release of TS4) and or planned way ahead of time. But the were there to get as early access if you paid the montly fee. EA/Maxis dropped that idea when they received backlash about making players pay a montly fee to play this iteration and dropped the online features. ETA: People are saying this can't be real because the site in question also advertised that type of game service, but it was a plan and it was going to happen until the backlash of online so it's not impossible they know something the general public doesn't for TS5.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2020
    Well, we still are in the middle of the Pandemic, at least here in the states, and I hear European countries are having an uptake of cases too. Sims 4 has bugs.....We still need real babies, cars, and I imagine making farm animals won’t be the easiest to do either. People are also disappointed because they wanted more animals, disappointed with the emotional system, disappointed because of smaller worlds, no open world, no color wheel. EA may have decided it would be easier and more profitable to bring out the Sims 5 now, rather than trying to rework all the worlds for cars, real babies, etc.

It would be nice if they start off with a few things more..... like already including some animals, real babies and cars from the beginning..... of at least work the world where they would be easy to include.things like cars and transportation. Maybe they will bring back phones as optional, and a few things that would make different time periods more viable for packs.

Maybe they are testing out skin tones for the new Sims 5. It seems a bit strange they would bring them out so late in the Sims 4. They are changing hair textures and colors some too. Maybe they will test out real babies here first...

To be truthful, I think it would be a great fresh start.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Someone in this thread asked what was the premium service (before TS4 release) this was a plan to sell TS4 as a premium service at a monthly fee. It was seen in a reveal of TS4 gameplay in the UI where if you paid the montly fee you could get early access to packs such as OR, Spa Day and Spooky day. This was all before TS4 was even released and was the plan. Those packs were not advertised with their current names of those packs but descriptions about them, so, they were either already in existance (before release of TS4) and or planned way ahead of time. But the were there to get as early access if you paid the montly fee. EA/Maxis dropped that idea when they received backlash about making players pay a montly fee to play this iteration and dropped the online features. ETA: People are saying this can't be real because the site in question also advertised that type of game service, but it was a plan and it was going to happen until the backlash of online so it's not impossible they know something the general public doesn't for TS5.

I did not know this! I knew it was going to be online, but I had no idea they had the audacity to think we'd want subscription fees!

Unfortunately, I think they are going to try subscription fees with the Sims 5, seeing as how badly Sims 4 did with their DLC. It just seems inevitable. It will certainly make EA more money, and Sims 4 has proved that Simmers will pay for anything...
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

I did not know this! I knew it was going to be online, but I had no idea they had the audacity to think we'd want subscription fees!

Unfortunately, I think they are going to try subscription fees with the Sims 5, seeing as how badly Sims 4 did with their DLC. It just seems inevitable. It will certainly make EA more money, and Sims 4 has proved that Simmers will pay for anything...

JGYSRXf.gif?width=419&name=JGYSRXf.gif
  • Options

I don’t know about that. I don’t think older people like me would be as willing to pay for a subscription service. I have all the packs so far except JTB. Also they would lose a lot of their younger audience because many parents don’t mind spending money on their kids, to buy packs, but would draw the line at a subscription service.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

If it goes the subscription route then that's a deal breaker for me. I WON'T be buying The Sims 5 then! The competition said they won't do that so I would just go with them instead.

Also I don't want the game to be online always. EA servers are pretty unreliable, so the game should be playable offline and the savegames kept local with the option to save it to the cloud.

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Subscription service for one game is a big turn off for me that's why I refuse playing subscription based game like WoW for example.

Also I'd refuse if they ever add multiplayer in Sims 5
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I really don't want the next edition to be online. But I feel like people who are not part of the online community, do.

My closest friend, who is in her early 30's, is a big fan of The Sims, just as I am (been playing since the first edition). She's still playing, but she's not part of the community. She sent me a blog post about Journey To Batuu 2 weeks after the release, saying "did you know they made a Star Wars pack ? That's cool !".
    She did not know a new EP was coming out until I sent her the trailer link.
    What I'm getting at is that she's into Animal Crossing at the moment and she's dying for a multiplayer option in the Sims 5. She really wants it, she says she probably won't buy it if there is no multiplayer. She wants a feature similar to the one in Animal Crossing, where you can visit someone else's island.

Players that are not part of the online community all seem to be excited about multiplayer. When I see clickbait posts on FB titled "The Sims 5 will have an online mode", the comments are always positive and enthusiastic. They're all "crossing their fingers" for it.
    I have the (bad) feeling that EA will want to please them first, because they represent a larger part of their consumers. They're the silent majority, they don't complain. They don't remember how past iterations were because they don't watch videos, or read blog posts or forums about it. They're easy to please and they're probably easy buyers.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I really don't want the next edition to be online. But I feel like people who are not part of the online community, do.

My closest friend, who is in her early 30's, is a big fan of The Sims, just as I am (been playing since the first edition). She's still playing, but she's not part of the community. She sent me a blog post about Journey To Batuu 2 weeks after the release, saying "did you know they made a Star Wars pack ? That's cool !".
    She did not know a new EP was coming out until I sent her the trailer link.
    What I'm getting at is that she's into Animal Crossing at the moment and she's dying for a multiplayer option in the Sims 5. She really wants it, she says she probably won't buy it if there is no multiplayer. She wants a feature similar to the one in Animal Crossing, where you can visit someone else's island.

Players that are not part of the online community all seem to be excited about multiplayer. When I see clickbait posts on FB titled "The Sims 5 will have an online mode", the comments are always positive and enthusiastic. They're all "crossing their fingers" for it.
    I have the (bad) feeling that EA will want to please them first because they represent a larger part of their consumers. They're the silent majority, they don't complain. They don't remember how past iterations were because they don't watch videos, or read blog posts or forums about it. They're easy to please and they're probably easy buyers.

Unfourntly I think you're right. I really don't care about online gameplay. I have no intention of playing with others or seeing their houses as I build my own and if I do want to download a friend's house I can through the gallery but I see a lot of other people excited about it. I don't think they realize all the interactions we will lose, how the sims will have no personality, and everything that I love about the sims will be stripped to a multiplayer safe space. Because let's face it if it's online and children and adults are playing this game they will somehow have to make sure that the sims are a safe place for all ages. I can already see a more lifeless version of the sims 4.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    edited October 2020
    Any chance of you looking to see if Paradox Tectonic have any placeholders for what they're up to?

LMAO. Sonic Adventure 3.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don't think I would buy it if it were a subscription service.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    TabOnYouTabOnYou Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't think it's gonna be in 2021. I got an info from someone working in the sound design team for the game and at the end of 2019 it was still in research/very start of dev', so you don't make a full game like the Sims 5 in like 2 years without crunching your team to death and deliver a half backed product.

I won't say more about what that person told me because it's almost already too much and i don't want them to be in trouble.
  • Options
    TabOnYou wrote: »
    I don't think it's gonna be in 2021. I got an info from someone working in the sound design team for the game and at the end of 2019 it was still in research/very start of dev', so you don't make a full game like the Sims 5 in like 2 years without crunching your team to death and deliver a half backed product.

I won't say more about what that person told me because it's almost already too much and i don't want them to be in trouble.

Well the sims team should let us know for sure. Last year I got 3 sims 4 gift cards because people knew that’s what I wanted for Christmas. This year I’m telling my kids that might not be a good idea because it’s possible sims 5 might be out in 2021. If the team knows for sure it won’t come out next year they should speak up about it or risk losing sales.

• Options
    edited November 2020

LMAO. Sonic Adventure 3.

Same about Half Life 3, people can keep on dreaming.

Destiny 3 in 2021 ???
    Unfortunately, there are currently no plans for a Destiny 3 release. Game director Luke Smith announced three planned expansions for the game, namely, Beyond Light, The Witch Queen, and Lightfall. ... But fans of the franchise won't have to wait too long for new content for Destiny 2.

Jun 10, 2020
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    With the skintones update coming up, that's something to keep the graphics up to date for all of next year at the least to make up for the lack of a colour wheel.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.