Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 : release for 2021 ?!

Comments

• adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    they could bring out the sims 5 and still produce for the sims 4 thats a big possibility
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    they could bring out the sims 5 and still produce for the sims 4 thats a big possibility

That's true. When Sims 4 was announced, Sims 3 Into the future was released months later and after release of Sims 4 they kept updating the base game of 3 for a whole year.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Bring it on then :)
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    Expecting two more EPs for 2021 before they finally bow out and tease Sims 5.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    The retailer clearly stated that it will be "released in 2021 according to Origin". I don't see why they would lie about it as it can only hurt their credibility ?
    They could have said "we are expecting a relase for 2021 but nothing has been confirmed yet, so the year of release could change", but they didn't.
    They made a pretty bold statement so, personally, I'm inclined to trust the info. I don't really care though, I'm just passing down the information because I'm happy with the Sims 4 for the moment. Still, It's nice to be able to look forward to something new.
    Time will tell !

🤦 “bold statement” they just told you yes.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The retailer clearly stated that it will be "released in 2021 according to Origin". I don't see why they would lie about it as it can only hurt their credibility ?
    They could have said "we are expecting a relase for 2021 but nothing has been confirmed yet, so the year of release could change", but they didn't.
    They made a pretty bold statement so, personally, I'm inclined to trust the info. I don't really care though, I'm just passing down the information because I'm happy with the Sims 4 for the moment. Still, It's nice to be able to look forward to something new.
    Time will tell !

Is this listed on Origin website? If they can see it then we should see it too. Also, the new iterations are announced about a year in advance, that means that if they want to release Sims 5 in 2021 they will officially announce it any day now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I think its fake, also the whole store is pretty sketchy. It is one of those ''grey market'' stores. Also the gurus said the Sims 4 had many many years left and it wasn't that long ago they said that so I don't trust this unless there is a possibility TS4 will still get updated even when TS5 is released but how would they get this info from Origin afaik there has been no TS5 leak and I don't see why EA would share any info about TS5 with them because it is a grey market store.

The store is not sketchy, I buy all my games there and I never had an issue. They have great verified reviews and they are in partnership with many francophone Game Changers (Belle Pinte, Kapands...).
    I'm not saying the information is true, I'm just sharing the screenshot I took and the conversation I had with them. Anyone is welcome to take that with a grain of salt. I think it would be stupid of the store to claim the game is coming in 2021 if it is, in fact, not. But I don't know anything more about it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Any chance of you looking to see if Paradox Tectonic have any placeholders for what they're up to?
    edited October 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    Any chance of you looking to see if Paradox Tectonic have any placeholders for what they're up to?

I can look (and you can too if you want to check by yourself) but I'm not familiar with Paradox Tectonic. Do you know on which platform it will be distributed ?

Edited to add : just had a quick look but didn't find anything under that name. If you want to have a look, this is the link (https://instant-gaming.com/fr/rechercher/?all_types=1&all_cats=1&min_price=0&max_price=100&noprice=1&min_discount=0&max_discount=100&min_reviewsavg=10&max_reviewsavg=100&noreviews=1&available_in=MT&gametype=all&sort_by=avail_date_desc&query=), just select the descending release date order. It's the last option in the scroll down menu on the right.
    BTW The Sims 5 is on the second page.

1603112448-capture-d-ecran-2020-10-19-a-15-00-05.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think that since they usually announce the game 1 year prior to its release then it will probably come out late 2021 or 2022. Anyone who things the Sims 4 will last longer than those dates is delusional. The Sims 4 is breaking apart currently and the latest packs have completely ruined its (already not so good) reputation.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

I can look (and you can too if you want to check by yourself) but I'm not familiar with Paradox Tectonic. Do you know on which platform it will be distributed ?

Edited to add : just had a quick look but didn't find anything under that name. If you want to have a look, this is the link (https://instant-gaming.com/fr/rechercher/?all_types=1&all_cats=1&min_price=0&max_price=100&noprice=1&min_discount=0&max_discount=100&min_reviewsavg=10&max_reviewsavg=100&noreviews=1&available_in=MT&gametype=all&sort_by=avail_date_desc&query=), just select the descending release date order. It's the last option in the scroll down menu on the right.

Half life 3 and GTA 6? Mmmhmm... :neutral:
    I think its fake, also the whole store is pretty sketchy. It is one of those ''grey market'' stores. Also the gurus said the Sims 4 had many many years left and it wasn't that long ago they said that so I don't trust this unless there is a possibility TS4 will still get updated even when TS5 is released but how would they get this info from Origin afaik there has been no TS5 leak and I don't see why EA would share any info about TS5 with them because it is a grey market store.

The store is not sketchy, I buy all my games there and I never had an issue. They have great verified reviews and they are in partnership with many francophone Game Changers (Belle Pinte, Kapands...).
    I'm not saying the information is true, I'm just sharing the screenshot I took and the conversation I had with them. Anyone is welcome to take that with a grain of salt. I think it would be stupid of the store to claim the game is coming in 2021 if it is, in fact, not. But I don't know anything more about it.

I have heard a lot of bad things about this store, It isn't really about if you receive your product or not but more about how they got it, they either buy it from countries where the games are cheap which isn't illegal afaik or they use stolen credit cards or some other way. That is what makes the store sketchy imo.

There is a lot of discussion going on about this question. It depends where the store got the keys.
    In the case of I-G, they sell keys that have been bought from official distributors (EA, Origin, Steam, Ubisoft...). They mostly buy in other countries so that they don't have to pay the VAT. They also buy huge stocks of keys, which is why they get discounted prices.
    I did a bit of research before using this website myself and yes, some people think like you. Other claim it is legal (I'm on this side).
    The law is a bit vague so it's difficult to get a real answer, but I suppose if the site is still operating after all these years, that their business is legal. I don't think Game Changers would be allowed to endorse it if it wasn't.
    I don't know if you speak french, if you don't you can probably use Google Translate, but this article is quite informative on the subject : https://www.jeuxvideo-live.com/dossiers-jeux-video/instant-gamingcom-comment-eca-marche-/
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member

LOL i just noticed half life 3, guys it's a fake confirmed. as if valve could count to three!

Lmao GTA 6? Rockstar is still milking GTA 5🤣 and Half life 3

edited October 2020
    There are rumors saying that Half Life 3 could come out in 2022. And GTA6 is expected late 2021/2022.
    And even if they're wrong for this one, doesn't mean that they're wrong for The Sims. I don't know.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, I think they expect it. But I don't know anything about this site. I'm going to say yes, I think TS5 will be out by 2021 (sometime next year) because Sony has it as a game they expect for the new PS5 and have it listed in their games they plan on featuring. So, that's proof x 2. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited October 2020
    Instant Gaming also sold The Sims 4 Premium Service in 2014...
    hello,

You are receiving this email because you have a pre-order of the game "The Sims 4 Premium Service" but the release date has been passed as "unknown" by the publisher. We have currently no new date, although the estimations say "2014." In the present state of things, your pre-order is preserved until delivery of the games, but you can at any time, without waiting to make a cancellation of the latter by simply clicking the dedicated button, available in your history purchase.

As soon as we have more information about the premium service Sims 4, we will post on facebook.

kind regards
    instant Gaming
    Instant Gaming also sold The Sims 4 Premium Service in 2014...

What was Premium Service ? I don't remember that.

Instant-Gaming also correctly leaked Island Living a few weeks (days ?) before the announcement.
    They tend to be correct most of the time, and they are a serious retailer with excellent customer service, so I'm inclined to believe the info they have. Of course, no way to be sure other than waiting for something official.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited October 2020
    Just I tell that EA can decide to postpone or cancel this release date, Instant Gaming infos are not reliable.
    Just I tell that EA can decide to postpone or cancel this release date, Instant Gaming infos are not reliable.

Yes, of course EA can cancel or change plans anytime, that seems obvious.

No, it would mean during the year 2021. I reached out to them and they told me "the game will come out in 2021 according to Origin" (I posted a screenshot on the first page of this thread, a few posts down).
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

I have heard a lot of bad things about this store, It isn't really about if you receive your product or not but more about how they got it, they either buy it from countries where the games are cheap which isn't illegal afaik or they use stolen credit cards or some other way. That is what makes the store sketchy imo.

Yup. Instant Gaming is NOT one of EA's authorized retailers. On their website they admit that they buy keys from resellers, not directly from EA.
    Rest assured, our CD keys are official as they are purchased from authorized resellers: EA Origin, Steam, Battle.net, NCSoft or Ubisoft.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/frequently-asked-questions/

Instant Gaming has not business relationship with EA, and EA would not tell them anything.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Funny how OP be like they don’t care but keep saying but this site is legit. Bruh