Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebound Holiday Gift Exchange ~ Closed!

Comments

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited October 2020
    O my goodness, I’m taking the plunge to commit the time. Thanks for the encouragement ladies. This is going to be such fun 😀
    Buddy Letter

Username: soocoolsim

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/soocoolsim

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All

I own the following Store Content: All

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All

Some of my favorite colors are: I like all colours depending on their hues and use. Am especially fond of neutrals, pops of colour for accents.

I really don’t like this color: Not keen on mustard yellow or garish colour hues

I love to use items from this set: Anything that suits the build

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Sunset Valley is my go to world just because it’s where I tend to build, however I can play in whatever world suitable for your creation so please don’t let that restrict you

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): Don’t often use custom worlds but looking forward to taking some time to explore the wonderful worlds out there

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern): Recently I’ve been liking contemporary builds but I’m open to all styles, even themed

I really don’t want this in my game: Too much clutter... with my old computer I prefer builds that are well finished but don’t go way overboard with decor

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) Would prefer builds no larger than 50x50 on standard size lots

I want/don’t want berry sims: Not into berry sims

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!): Not that much interested in playing with occult sims. I’m ok with witches and fairies, and vegetarian vampires. Zombies terrify me

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!): Love animals but would prefer no pets in the household.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out): Not necessary... a couple of points is fine if they naturally skill up during play testing

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!): Not necessary... see above

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!):
    Not really necessary since I can fulfil my Sims wishes to buy something new. However if you would like to add skill items that’s perfectly fine too... eg if making an Art or Music room/gazebo do place the skill items. Same for a sauna, etc... just place whatever is needed to complete the home as you like

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable):
    Usually taxi or car. Parking for 1- 2 cars would be nice. Doesn’t need to be covered... even space on the driveway is fine

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!):
    Enough room in the yard for sims to play catch and other random outdoor games. Can add a pool if you like, but not absolutely nec. I’m quite fine with unusual builds so do feel free to let your imagination inspire you

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are other preferences I haven’t thought of. If you would rather send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so:
    I’m comfortable making anything including occult

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited October 2020
    @soocoolsim Yay! I'm so pleased :)
    I've sent you a friend request - I did check through my list of requests and didn't spot you there...fingers crossed I got that right!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome @soocoolsim :)
    Glad you took the plunge!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @cmbaker16 and @soocoolsim It's great to see you both could join in. :)

@Shannen Hello :) Nice to see you pop in.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Thanks @SamelaRita . I just saw and accepted your friend request.
    Thanks for the welcome @ADWilson and @suzses .
    🌼😀
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited October 2020
    ciane wrote: »
    When I go to my orthodontist appointments, I just take them fruit because there are more of them. Now I'm thinking I should just make a double batch. :wink:

@ciane Your orthodontist must be very happy when it's time for your appointment! that is very kind of you! :)

@cmbaker16 Hello it's so nice to meet you! So glad you decided to join! I sent you a friend request.. :)

@Shannen So glad you popped in, nice to meet you! :)

@MsPrissy88 I am so glad you voted early.. I voted last week on October 19th.. We didn't do it exactly the same way, but it was very safe.. ;)

@soocoolsim Awesome! I'm so glad you took the plunge and decided to join! :)

• KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    I love seeing everyone's buddy letters and seeing some familiar faces back here for another Holiday Gift Exchange! Unfortunately I won't be able to participate this year.
    tenor.gif
    I'm working two jobs, volunteering 3-4 days/nights a week, plus I just moved about 2 months ago and I'm still unpacking! :D
    Needless to say, I don't have the time to give a buddy a gift worth giving. But, I will download and rec everyone's gifts when they are done! :wink:

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Peeks in and waves hello to everybody! :)
    :) Smile!

• MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    I love seeing everyone's buddy letters and seeing some familiar faces back here for another Holiday Gift Exchange! Unfortunately I won't be able to participate this year.
    tenor.gif
    I'm working two jobs, volunteering 3-4 days/nights a week, plus I just moved about 2 months ago and I'm still unpacking! :D
    Needless to say, I don't have the time to give a buddy a gift worth giving. But, I will download and rec everyone's gifts when they are done! :wink:

Hugs
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    Thanks for all the friends request I have received the last couple of days. I have accepted. A couple of hours ago I sent friend requests out to the remaining buddy's that are not friends yet (0live_0il444, cmbaker16, Mmdrgntobldrgn, MsPrissy88, Rflong7, Springfairy556 and suzses).
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Thanks! <3 While I will miss participating this year, I can't wait to see what everyone makes!
    Sounds really, really busy @Kesminlix. We'll miss you, but I hope you find some nice things to add to your game.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Just accepted @SimLibby :)
    tenor.gif

That just sounds like sooo much going on for you at the moment. Hope you at least enjoy seeing and downloading the other stuff! Wishing you all the best :D
    tenor.gif

My goodness! You are quite busy these days.
    We will miss your not being a Buddy but understand why you can't commit at this time and hope you enjoy the new game goodies when gifting time comes. Hope you're able to find ways to relax and unwind so you don't burn your candle out at both ends.

Take care! <3
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Hello, everyone. <3@ADWilson, thank you for tagging me. I haven't simmed in quite a while, so it's sort of a miracle I checked this site for any updates. :D I think I can squeeze in some sim time between school and work for at least one build. Now to think about that letter . . .
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Buddy Letter form:

Username: 60smusicluvr

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/60smusicluvr

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: ALL

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: ALL except Outdoor Living

I own the following Store Content: ALL . . . pretty much. ;)

I own the following EA-made Worlds: ALL

Some of my favorite colors are: GREEN! Yellow, Grey

I really don’t like this color: Orange, neon, puke :tongue:

I love to use items from this set: Anything farm/country, study, plant related, but nothing in particular, right now. Use as much store content as you like.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I build way more often than I play the sims, but I like Hidden Springs Appaloosa Plains, Riverview, Twinbrook, Midnight Hollow and Aurora Skies the most, not necessarily in that order.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): N/A

I enjoy this style of build the most: Anything that's a little bit historical, I am in love with.

I really don’t want this in my game: No CC, as per the rules. :)

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I prefer smaller sized lots because they are easier to navigate and easier to run on this old computer. 40X40 and smaller is preferred.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I wouldn't mind some berry sims for midnight hollow. :)

I want/don’t want occult sims: I prefer playing with Humans

I want/don’t want pets in the household: I like animals!

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Yes! (if you have time, no biggy) Just a few things that make sense with their personality.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household?: No.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build?: I like to have at least a piano and an art easel and a space for gardening.

How do your sims travel around town?: I think that all depends on the lot. If a garage or even just pavement or terrain paint works that's okay with me. Sometimes, I even make room for just a bike rack. It all depends on the lot.

Other: As I said earlier, my absolute favorite type of architecture has a more historical look to it, kind of like what you'd see in a small downtown area. Something that looks wholesome, perhaps or even something that may look a little seedy (Like the homes in Twinbrook or Rflong7's
    "Everything Island" with the swamp areas. I don't mind if you make the outside seem older and the inside more updated for today if you want to go down that route. I like all types of different architecture from the past, so if there is something that you've never tried before and wanted to, make this your opportunity to do so, but don't pull your hair out.

@ADWilson, I feel pretty comfortable building whatever at this point. It's the decorating that gets me.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Hi all, just popping in to say hi c0122.gif and to read all the buddy letters. I've never participated before, and while this sounds like so much fun, I don't think I can join in. But I have this thread bookmarked and will be lurking from time to time and look forward to seeing all the cool gifts. It's also good to see some familar people here that I may not necessarily see over in Creative Corner.

@soocoolsim, I see you took the plunge, yay, and look forward to seeing what you create.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    So happy to see more buddy letters and old friends stopping by! Hello @Shannen and @Kesminlix. Too bad you aren't joining in the secret buddy aspect. You too @Sandraelle! I do hope you all get the chance to stop by and oogle all the gifts.
    Welcome back @60smusicluvr :)
    ciane wrote: »
    So happy to see more buddy letters and old friends stopping by! Hello @Shannen and @Kesminlix. Too bad you aren't joining in the secret buddy aspect. You too @Sandraelle! I do hope you all get the chance to stop by and oogle all the gifts.

What ciane said!
    @60smusicluvr Yay! Glad you checked in and can play with us. :)

@Sandraelle Waving back at ya. I hope you enjoy following along here. It's always fun to see what people come up with for gifts.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited October 2020
    @suzses Hello! Nice to see you again. @LMC6255 Hello, nice to meet you too. @ciane Hello, well to be honest. The thought hadn't really occurred to me. I only knew that the exchange was still happening because of @cmbaker16 , so I thought I would pop in and say that it was nice that the exchange was still happening.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited October 2020
    peeks in and sees MANY familiar faces returning!! Heyyy guys!!

I know that it's been a while since I commented or said anything. I've just been laying low, playing my Animal Crossing game, watching some Christmas movies --- yes, CHRISTMAS movies --- on Lifetime or Hallmark channels. Basically, just being a B U M. :D lol

Also!! I just noticed that we now have fifteen buddies!! Can we make it to 16?! Just so it will be even. ;)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    Hi @60smusicluvr So nice to see you again! Hope you're keeping well and doing okay :)
    Waves back at @Sandraelle Hope you have fun lurking - I can see so many amazing builders, I know you'll find lots to love/be amused by/download and play with...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top