Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebound Holiday Gift Exchange ~ Closed!

Comments

• MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 - Welcome back. I'm glad you've got a new hard drive and can enjoy playing and creating in the sims again.

I haven’t played or touched my sims 3 since literally last year. I’ve only recently gotten back in to playing my sims 4. Trust me when I say, I really lost all interest. Why?

Well... for one thing, this stooopid virus. Another reason? After learning that Euphorial Queen had passed - someone I looked up to; someone who created fun game challenges for the sims 4 - I couldn’t bear to play anymore.

Another sim friend - and EQ’s daughter - had encouraged me to not give it up.

Anyway... my delving back in to my sims 3 game will be something new again.

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited October 2020
    @ciane That smoothie looks really yummy, I have a smoothie almost every morning to stay healthy!

@SamelaRita Goodness you do have to deal with a lot cold weather! For me anything under 65 is cold.. :# I am so sorry you had to collect the fruit for your chutney in the pouring rain, I am sure homemade chutney is well worth the effort. ;)

@seaben I am glad that things are looking up for you, I am sorry that you and your family had to cook a pot roast without electricity for you birthday. :( I hope the weather is better this year where you live..

@MsPrissy88 I am so glad you decided to join the gift exchange, :) It's always great to see returning buddies! ;) I hope you enjoy delving back into the game!

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome back @suzses :)
    @MsPrissy88 ~ I see that you're interested in joining as a Buddy again and have posted your letter. Nice :)

I also saw a brief message on My Page indicating that you still need to check and make sure your game will open ... would you please do that and let me know that you're successful. I'm sure you can understand my wanting to make sure you are able to do this before I begin assigning Buddies.
    A big thanks to @LMC6255 for keeping an eye on the thread while I was away. <3

The wedding was beautiful !!
    Outdoors and at a family member's home. Wooden benches were spaced apart with masks & hand sanitizer located on the table next to the guest sign-in book (such a thoughtful idea!). Both nephew and his lovely bride are fun and nerdy so their wedding ceremony reflected this.

For example, the groomsmen wore storm trooper cuff links and the groom's was Darth Vader.

Wishing them many years of happiness, joy and love!!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    So glad you enjoyed the wedding Addy!
    I LOVE smoothies @LMC6255. Mine are thick enough to eat with a spoon and can take me all morning to finish.
    @MsPrissy88 - well, I hope you can enjoy building and playing again as you did once did.
    @ciane I am very fond of frozen berry smoothies, I also make smoothies with peaches, nectarines and plums in the Summer when they are more available.. What do you put in your smoothie, do you use a Ninja blender to make them?
    @ADWilson I am so happy you are back, and that you arrived safely here! I have been checking the weather and it has been raining a lot because of Tropical Storm Zeta.. Congratulations to your nephew and his bride! I wish them a lifetime of happiness! :)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ADWilson Glad to see you've made it back home. The wedding sounds like it must have been a fun time. Congrats to the happy couple.

@soocoolsim It would be great if you are able to join in. :) The gift exchanges are a lot of fun.

@MsPrissy88 Welcome back. I hope you're able to enjoy your Sims 3 game again.

@seaben Like @SamelaRita I was thinking of your pot roast experience as one of those things with story/memories potential. My family's primary such story revolves around a vacation where *everything* went wrong. It has provided some amusement at times after the fact, if not while we were living it.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited October 2020
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 ~ I see that you're interested in joining as a Buddy again and have posted your letter. Nice :)

I also saw a brief message on My Page indicating that you still need to check and make sure your game will open ... would you please do that and let me know that you're successful. I'm sure you can understand my wanting to make sure you are able to do this before I begin assigning Buddies.

Game opened successfully! I fooled around a bit, and did a little test build. Everything saves. Depending on WHO I would get as a buddy, I could work the test build into their gift.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @LMC6255 - I use whatever fruit I have and I have a BlendTech. My system is some juicy fruit first (like oranges, grapes, pineapples, peaches, plums), then some soft fruit (like bananas), then the harder fruit or veggies (like apples and carrots), and finally some frozen fruit. My BlendTech holds 96oz. So, it's large enough to make smoothies for the whole family and or guests. I've take the blender and 10 cups along to the dentist, so they all got smoothies. They loved that. (It had cantaloupe, oranges, pears, bananas, and frozen mango (or peaches or pineapple, I don't remember exactly). The only bad smoothie I ever made was with watermelon. (I love watermelon, but it does NOT make good smoothies, in my opinion.) If the blender chokes, I just add some apple juice (or pineapple juice or a can of fruit that has juice in it). :smiley:
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Just checking in. Still need to redownload all my Sims3 store content. Runs away noooooooooooo
    :) Smile!

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm loving reading everyone's letters! They make me happy 😊
    Hello, everyone! {waves}

MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Game opened successfully! I fooled around a bit, and did a little test build. Everything saves. Depending on WHO I would get as a buddy, I could work the test build into their gift.

Glad you are able to get in game. You know what that means ...
    Welcome back!
    ciane wrote: »
    I use whatever fruit I have and I have a BlendTech. My system is some juicy fruit first (like oranges, grapes, pineapples, peaches, plums), then some soft fruit (like bananas), then the harder fruit or veggies (like apples and carrots), and finally some frozen fruit. My BlendTech holds 96oz. So, it's large enough to make smoothies for the whole family and or guests. I've take the blender and 10 cups along to the dentist, so they all got smoothies. They loved that. (It had cantaloupe, oranges, pears, bananas, and frozen mango (or peaches or pineapple, I don't remember exactly). The only bad smoothie I ever made was with watermelon. (I love watermelon, but it does NOT make good smoothies, in my opinion.) If the blender chokes, I just add some apple juice (or pineapple juice or a can of fruit that has juice in it). :smiley:

Sounds delicious!
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Just checking in. Still need to redownload all my Sims3 store content. Runs away noooooooooooo

Re-download and install again, oh my!
    Hope it goes well. {fingers crossed}
    aricarai wrote: »
    I'm loving reading everyone's letters! They make me happy 😊

Me too!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    weathers changing getting cooler

tea & coffee bar are still set up today's breakfast bar is a hot cereal station
    Oatmeal-Buffet-3-1024x768.jpg
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    We do have cold temps today with freeze notices for tonight and a day of rain turning to snow. (I brought in my plants yesterday.) So something warm sounds nice. I have an Indian friend who made some turnip green samba and shared that with me yesterday, so I'll be having spicy brown rice for lunch. :smiley: I full of smoothie and toast right now, but your fruit spread looks awesome. I could munch a little more. Thanks for sharing @Mmdrgntobldrgn!
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    Thanks for the snacks @Mmdrgntobldrgn. I appreciate it they are healthy (and delicious). :blush:
    @MsPrissy88 I am so glad you could open your game successfully!

@ciane Your smoothie recipe sound super healthy and BlendTech blenders are amazing! My Ninja has some small containers and what I do is make one for my mom and myself, and I include some Air Born or Emergency in my mix for added immune support.. Your guests and dentist are very lucky! :) I agree watermelon tastes wonderful cut, but I wouldn't include watermelon in my smoothie.. The turnip green samba sounds delicious, I have tried Indian food in the past and it's wonderful! I hope the temps become more mild where you live, so glad you could save your plants. ;)

@Puddinroy I wish you success redownloading and reinstalling all your store stuff, I know from experience that can be a bear..

@aricarai Reading everyone's buddy letter makes me smile ear to ear as well.. :)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn I love the spread! <3
    When I go to my orthodontist appointments, I just take them fruit because there are more of them. Now I'm thinking I should just make a double batch. :wink:
  • ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    It's nice to see that the gift exchange is still happening after so many years!
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Username: cmbaker16

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/cmbaker16

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except movie stuff, diesel stuff, KPST

I own the following Store Content: All

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All except barnacle bay (if spelt wrong/wrong name the pirate themed world)

Some of my favorite colors are: I really enjoy pastel's, but blue is my favorite

I really don’t like this color: not a fan of extremely bright or dark colors

I love to use items from this set: I love the baking set, the mill set, art studio, dance set (it's been a while and I've forgotten the names lol), the circus set, and the boardwalk are a few of my favorites

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I'm not picky about worlds though I have been playing in moonlight falls lately

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) I really love Victorian and gothic Victorian style builds, craftsman, and cabins as well

I really don’t want this in my game:

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) I'm not too picky about lot sizes but i don't like residential lot's being bigger than 40x40 unless it's a farm

I want/don’t want berry sims: I love berry sims, bring them on!

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) I want occult sims, I love supernatural play so any occult except mummies are welcome

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) I love having pets but i'm really into the supernatural play at the moment so unicorns are preferred but if you can get creative with the pets for supernaturals love to see what you can come up with.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) I'm going to leave this up to my buddy i'm really not picky

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) will leave up to buddy i'm honestly not picky over skills

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) again not picky depends on the sim and what my buddy imagines the sim to like/the sim who lives there likes

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) I'm not picky about this depends on the type of house and/or sim if it's a witch sim preferred method be a broom, if it's a human sim preferred method be taxi, vehicle etc...

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)

I'm really into the supernatural/occult play at the moment so anything fantasy or supernatural related would be lovely. I'm currently playing a family in moonlight falls made up of a vampire and a fairy, they could use some fun lots to visit. my vampire is working as an acrobat and could use some showtime venue lots like a big show venue, coffeehouse, live show etc...that fit into moonlight falls. Maybe a fairy garden for my fairy to visit with some fairy friends

but anything related to fantasy or supernatural play will be welcomed

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are other preferences I haven’t thought of. If you would rather send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

I'm not uncomfortable making anything but i'd prefer not to make contempary/modern homes i'm no good at those.
    Shannen wrote: »
    It's nice to see that the gift exchange is still happening after so many years!

I agree! :)
    Welcome back @cmbaker16 :)
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hi @cmbaker16 Nice to meet you :D
    I've sent you a friend request, as I keep my page set to private ;)
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Nice snacks. Wonder what I've got in my kitchen cupboards...the clocks changed this Sunday just gone, and my stomach still thinks lunch should be at the same time, i.e. an hour earlier than the clock says!
    Morning everyone!

Well... I did my civic duty yesterday. 😁😁 I VOTED EARLY!!! Yup. One of our local libraries - a few miles from where I live - has been letting people line up — SAFELY — so we can vote. And it didn’t matter where you live (what district), they just put your district ON the envelope. (along with a label that had all your info).

Anyway... before we stepped into the other room, we had to take an UNsharpened pencil (cos all we needed was the eraser part) and a blank paper. Let me explain...

The eraser part was used to “hit the screen” for our selections. The blank paper was used to PRINT OUT our votes once we were done. 😉 I call that smart. Is everyone doing it this way? If they’re not, they should.

Anyway, after I printed my decisions, I placed my paper in my envelope and then proceeded to the witness desk where it was first signed by me, then the witness (who used a glue stick thingy to seal it all up). THEN it went into a big locked box!!

So! How is everyone else doing today? (and I do apologize for the novel)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top