Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS WANTED!! Home Renovation!

Comments

• ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Thank you both! :)@Becka28 and @QueenV815
  • QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    edited March 2021
    Okay a bit late, but here is my build for your Dream Home Shell Challenge... I had a TON of fun doing this one and I think I incorporated all the elements you asked for and had the added challenge of limiting my build to the packs that you own. I actually ended up loving this house so much I made a young family and moved them in lol. I went with a coastal/country vibe with lots of blues and whites. Hope you enjoy and I welcome any feedback/critique! I know my landscaping still needs alot of work hence the minimal amount in front and back... I am posting a few shots below, but you can see a ton more on the post in my build thread here and the link to the gallery post is here
    eOcNtWU.png
    wmKyoDc.png
    y50y1z4.png
    Mancave and guest/pool house overviews, a laundry room pic and a pic of the view from 2nd floor to the living space below since those were specific asks:
    oB888aS.pngEMoEMaQ.pngjZL0DND.pngh8B7OYQ.png
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    @QueenV815 There is no being late so no worries! :smile: The outside of the house looks nice, the blue and white go well together and you picked some nice plants to go along with the colors. As soon as you walk in the house its very inviting I like that the formal living room is open with the kitchen. The layout of the cabinets and the décor help make the kitchen feel nice and roomy. The little area by the back door is cute. The additional room with the drinks stations and microwave was a pleasant surprise. Nice use of space in the bathroom behind the fireplace. The family den is great, plenty of seats and things to do and it has a nice view of the pool in the back. All the mirrors at the top of the stairs are cute. The blue bedroom on the right looks so cozy, I like the bed being against the window in both rooms. The pink nursey is adorable, cute idea with the changing table. Master bedroom is so spacious, and lots of windows keeps it nice and bright. I like the shower/tub area in the bathroom and who wouldn't love that walk-in closet. The man cave will be perfect for watching sports or working on skills. I like the balconies in the back, very creative gazebo, the entire back deck and pool area would be great for hosting parties. The entire guest house is great, I love those colors. Theres sooo much in this build to talk about!! it looks amazing!
    @QueenV815 There is no being late so no worries! :smile: The outside of the house looks nice, the blue and white go well together and you picked some nice plants to go along with the colors. As soon as you walk in the house its very inviting I like that the formal living room is open with the kitchen. The layout of the cabinets and the décor help make the kitchen feel nice and roomy. The little area by the back door is cute. The additional room with the drinks stations and microwave was a pleasant surprise. Nice use of space in the bathroom behind the fireplace. The family den is great, plenty of seats and things to do and it has a nice view of the pool in the back. All the mirrors at the top of the stairs are cute. The blue bedroom on the right looks so cozy, I like the bed being against the window in both rooms. The pink nursey is adorable, cute idea with the changing table. Master bedroom is so spacious, and lots of windows keeps it nice and bright. I like the shower/tub area in the bathroom and who wouldn't love that walk-in closet. The man cave will be perfect for watching sports or working on skills. I like the balconies in the back, very creative gazebo, the entire back deck and pool area would be great for hosting parties. The entire guest house is great, I love those colors. Theres sooo much in this build to talk about!! it looks amazing!

thank you! I had such a fun time working with the shell and specifications!
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    So I've gotten the layout of my park done.... but the idea of landscaping and decorating just feels so daunting right now. I've had a huge lack of motivation to build or even play the Sims recently but I want to finish this and another project I started so bad
    So I've gotten the layout of my park done.... but the idea of landscaping and decorating just feels so daunting right now. I've had a huge lack of motivation to build or even play the Sims recently but I want to finish this and another project I started so bad

I feel you, landscaping is definitely one of my weaknesses, I always put it off and most of the time, I just throw a bunch of stuff close together so it looks very full and call it a day... (i.e. my galentine's garden)

Maybe look at some landscaping pics for inspiration, like landscaping plans for manmade parks
    Finally finished my park! Decided that I had to finish it and just started placing plants everywhere :lol:

Perfect Park 2.0

Its all centered around a pond and waterfall I built in the middle. Eating area, dog area, playground, firepit, greenhouse, wedding area and more!

More details and the slideshow listed here

I'm excited to see what you all can do!!

A few photos of mine:
    I9ARtoZ.png
    0ko812l.png
    P5pV6QK.png
    XS9segx.png
    GGy9acY.png
    @Clousinators your park is incredible! The lake and waterfall is magnificent!!
    @QueenV815 Thank you! Getting the waterfall to look right took sooo long lol
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name & Link: The Ball Park
    Link to slideshow: Park Challenge
    Notes: I decided to go in a different direction with my park and build a ball park. Because of covid, my boys were not able to play sports last year and I think I am missing it a little bit. Although the baseball diamond isn't useable I did add some water balloons to the area and if you catch it right it can look a little bit like a ball game, so I added them to my slideshow :) Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to which packs I used @Clousinators and I think I used quite a bit of objects from Get to Work. I tried to take lots of pictures so you can see what it looks like complete.
    Pictures:
    jUlmg7g.png
    ikW3hMi.png
    95FcJiT.png
    Zaxe31l.png
    @AlJay Great idea to make a ball park. Parking spots for cars and bikes and the bus stop is nice so that many forms of transportation can make it. The landscaping looks great and it really blends in well with the lot you used in the slideshow. The playground is a nice addition to keep younger sims entertained during the games. I've been trying to think of ways to use those flower beds in debug, you did a nice job with them! Snack Shack looks nice, and there's plenty of seating for when the park gets busy. I like the addition of the basketball court to add a few more activities and sports. All of the detail in the baseball field is awesome. The tall fence behind home plate and the dugouts are such a great idea I never would have thought of it. The scoreboard looks awesome as well and you even made a little pitchers mound! The slideshow was super helpful. Thanks for participating! Its a great ballpark
    Thank you so much for your kind words @Clousinators
    edited April 2021
    Wedding Venue Challenge

The Sims always was and still is my go to for interior/exterior design. So why not use it to possibly help organize my wedding? :heart: I have uploaded a lot that is not exact in shape and layout but is pretty close so that you can help me figure out how to layout and decorate.

Use "MoveObjects" when placing.
    Wedding Venue Challenge
    Use #clousinators when uploading so I can find your builds to the gallery!

G8XGyTn.png
    • Nothing that is placed in the yard can be moved, and the fence/house exterior can not be changed.. The left side of the yard is used for gardening throughout the year and the right side of the yard is full of random shrubbery and a tool shed.
    • Only the backyard matters, so the rest of the house has been left out.
    • It will be in the evening so please add lighting (string lighting is my favorite)
    • In real life there will be less than 50 guests, I doubt you can fit that many tables and chairs in the Sims but be sure to have a fair amount for the guests to dine at.
    • The colors so far are a light blue... and whatever else matches. My fiancé says a chocolate brown, I was thinking maybe a pastel pink.
    • There will be catering so leave some space for the cake and for the food to be served on.
    • No alcohol at this event so no need for a bar but if you have the bubblers from city living feel free to place one :smirk:
    • Be sure to add some decorations :smile:
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited April 2021
    Congratulations @Clousinators! I've uploaded my version of the venue to the gallery!

04-09-21-6-45-24-pm_orig.png

You can view more screenshots here: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/wedding-venue-challenge.html

There is space for storage, cooking, gifts, bubblers, the ceremony (of course), dining, and dancing!

I hope you enjoy it. :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    @icanhassims The layout you created is one I hadn't thought of yet. I love all the soft, light colored fabrics draping throughout. The ceremony area looks very elegant with the stage and all the nice white chairs, the bushes lining the sides are a nice touch. Oh a nice little dance floor in the corner, I didn't see that at first. :smile: The dining area looks nice with the chairs to match the ceremony and the water fountain adds some nice decoration. Candle centerpieces are a nice romantic touch. I like how you placed the kitchen area behind some more curtains so its not visible to everyone. The stage looks beautiful at night with the candles, and all the blue lights draped throughout the yard are cute. The gifts looks nice placed under the trees near the bubblers. I love it! Thanks for participating!!
  • NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    I gave it a go but I'm not sure if you will like it. I'm not at the top of my game today, and I think it shows! But hey-ho here it is anyway x

xqVvNsa.png
    6LjjZX3.pngkq1wV6y.pngtbVVxe4.pngwr0SBw6.png1TgFGNf.pngXm0IeIA.png

I tried to get some chocolate brown in there as well, but there just isn't enough decoration items in those colours so I went with the more traditional white and soft pink. I didn't add any restrooms as I figured the main house would have those anyway.

Here is the gallery link: (ps: I use tinyurl to make the ridiculously long web address smaller. The link is safe)

https://tinyurl.com/dxwmejw8
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hi @Clousinators :) as I will not have internet for a whole week! I have taken some of your challenges as I have been admiring the awesome entries :) So thank you so much for these wonderful shells and ideas ;) I have the rules copied for my desktop so hopefully I can create them correctly :) as I do have a bad habit of bending rules very slightly Lol sometimes by accident ;):D

Oh and can you let us know if you buy any more expansion packs as there is 50% off at the moment ;)

Btw Big Congratulations on your engagement <3 wonderful news.
    Post edited by luckyheather on
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    edited April 2021
    Origin ID: luckyheather
    Gallery Name & Link: Newcrest Family Park
    Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AD800D919A1311EB801DE71AC1307F24?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Link to slideshow: Park Challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17854844/#Comment_17854844
    Notes: The outer path is for Bikes is for anyone that has Discover University or Eco Lifestyle.
    I only used Seasons, Pets, City Living, Parenthood, Dine out and Backyard Stuff. It says Outdoor Retreat but that is a mistake I checked.
    cSujLus.png
    PqctRWN.png
    L7lctqg.png
    rVlNGwp.png
    Hvv9fZA.png
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery Name & Link: Clousinators-WeddingVenue
    Link to slideshow: The Wedding Venue
    Notes: Congratulations @Clousinators on your up-coming wedding! I tried to think practical and affordable for you with the layout and the decorations. I hope you enjoy it :) I did use a few items from packs that you don't own ( the buffet table, fondue fountain, DJ booth and some potted plants) but I tried to keep it to a minimum. I also furnished the house a bit, just to make the project feel more complete, but I didn't take too much time on the house, so please don't look too closely.
    Pictures:
    IDVtBvd.png
    L7MiuEc.png
    nzcPUEN.png
    FAKwCxE.png
    AFh0TcY.png
    I was so tired after work yesterday I didn't even open my laptop, it was nice to have so many entries to look at today, and all with so many good ideas. Thank you all!

@Neashaleigh Don't doubt yourself so much, I do like it!! The floor decal down the aisle with the rose petals is very cute, and I like the flower arch paired with the curtains and wedding arch. Having the instruments off to the side is a nice idea for a band instead of a DJ for the ceremony. I don't have those chairs but they look very elegant with the fabric and the flowers surrounding them. I somehow have never seen that pergola before, I like it with the lights and flowers for the bubble stations. The pink and white lights are cute, I like that you put more over the dance floor. The photo area in the corner is a good idea, I just recently started thinking about a possible photo booth. I think this yard looks great! Thanks for participating! :smile:

@luckyheather No internet for a week?! I would go crazy! lol The latest pack I got was the country kitchen kit, so its still the same as the photo on the first page (I've been waiting in hopes of a cool new expansion or game pack before I buy more). And thank you :blush:
    Your park looks great! Good job making everything match, its all blue but its still a nice and bright park. The entryway is nice and simple with just the water fountain, I've been wanting to go skating for a while so I like the rink in the middle. Nice idea to mirror the two sides of the park, so that if one is full you can use the other. The little garden beds with the sprinklers are really cute. The double grill area with the sink looks nice. All the decor in the sunken hot tub area looks nice! I like that there are toys for children all throughout the park but there is still a nice little sandbox area as well. That is one of the most adorable bath/shower houses I've seen lol I like how the room on top is open and has views of the fountain in the corner. Good idea to add a track around the outside as well! Thanks for participating in this one! Can't wait to see what else you come up with

@AlJay I appreciate you keeping the budget in mind (I quickly realized how expensive weddings are in real life lol) I like that I start it off by seeing a Limo :smiley: Its interesting seeing how you pictured the inside of the house compared to real life, I like it. Good idea to have a little port-a-potty off to the side. I really like the backdrop for the wedding arch, and the tall white flowers look good paired with that vase. I like how you sectioned the yard into the different stages of the night. The reception area looks lovely, good use of covered chairs and tables and I like all the candles, the buffet table. and how you used a similar backdrop for the main table. The gift table is cute. I like all the lanterns and lights on the fence and pergola. The white dance floor looks good with all the other colors. The garden looks pretty similar to what it might look like at that time lol Great lob! Thanks for participating!
    Thank you @Clousinators :)
    @Clousinators , thank you for your kind words. I have noticed that everyone else fixed up the house too! Were we meant to do that? I can go back into my build and fix the house.

Also, that pergola is called a Florinda Pergola. It's a base-game item found in Decorations > Miscellaneous. I don't think you need to show hidden objects but if you can't find it, then maybe you will need to enable that.

UZEcR1b.jpg
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
    @Neashaleigh The inside of the house was not a requirement, only if you wanted to. I was really only looking at the backyard to get ideas lol I am not sure how I missed that pergola but I am totally going to use it now, thank you! lol
    No problem @Clousinators !
    I've been thinking of searching whether anyone has fully documented each and every item in the game and how to locate it, and if not, start to make one. I get so frustrated when I'm trying to find something I've seen and have no clue where it is located. I think having a catalogue with pictures would be amazingly useful!
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    No problem @Clousinators !
    I've been thinking of searching whether anyone has fully documented each and every item in the game and how to locate it, and if not, start to make one. I get so frustrated when I'm trying to find something I've seen and have no clue where it is located. I think having a catalogue with pictures would be amazingly useful!

yeah stuff is hard to find sometimes like for the longest time i knew there was an ottoman in the base game but wasn't able to find it tell today the sims 4 has a weird system for the catalog's also why cant you find the long end tables in the bedroom end tables but you can in the living room end tables it makes no sense at times :/
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06