Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS WANTED!! Home Renovation!

Comments

• ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited March 2021
    Challenge #3: Abstract Shell

Last week one of the Simstagrammers I follow posted a photo of a unique building front and I decided to make it into a lot. The original I started I couldn't quite find a layout that I liked so.... I've made the shell and want to see how you all see the finished product.

Its a 4 story lot with a very unique front...so I made all the side match. Feel free to add windows, doors, any paint and flooring you want. You can change the height of any of the floors if you want. Try to keep the shape of the outside of the lot if possible. Use any size lot and no budget

If you need some inspiration I have posted my (slightly different) version under my Creations thread here

Make sure to tag you're creations with #Clousinators so I can find them in the gallery and feel free to share your photos here!!

Gallery: Abstract Shell

Click here to go back to the list of challenges

NMrufIJ.png
    coKXees.png
    Post edited by Clousinators on
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    how did I miss this one? I will try it.
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @nali272 I just assumed everyone was busy with the holidays, I've noticed there aren't as many people online lately, but thats why I made the challenges so that they can be finished whenever :) Excited to see what you can do with this one!
    edited January 2021
    Challenge: Challenge #3: Abstract Shell
    Gallery/Forum Name: Trinican / Nali272
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F4764A3D4D3111EB803E1AE2A2C073C3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Trinican&max=50&maxis=false
    Slideshow Link: https://imgur.com/a/iAqOijJ
    Art Credit: @AlJay , @Juwels64
    Description: Private Investigating Lawyers Elite (P.I.L.E) - is now open for business. We are lawyers that give you elite investigative services, as you can tell by the "library" like quietness how busy we are. We are located on the old site of the Orchid A Go-Go club in Del Sol Valley, we got it related to a collateral contract when they could not pay us for our services, (hint! hint!). The building has 4 floors: 1st floor - waiting room, board room, breakroom, and main sitting with an outside breakroom. 2nd floor - Associates and Jr Associates floor. 3rd floor - Jr Executives. 4th floor - Executives. the one modification we did to the outside was adding the concert columns to the back.
    Pictures:
    PeECZIR.png
    TxXZcVg.png
    A4VECAE.png
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @nali272 your concept and execution are amazing!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    aww, thank you! @icanhassims
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @nali272 Nice idea to make it into a library/investigation office! The mirrors on the outside give it a nice modern look, and I like the way you planned the outside with the front walkway and parking on either side, it would fit right in in the city. The news articles as decoration are a nice touch in the waiting room and I like the planters. I like the privacy fence around the outside breakroom. Love the big corner windows in the offices and the layout of the whole floor is nice, I like the open cubical style on the one floor with the bigger offices above. The board room and executive meeting room are a nice idea as well. I definitely get modern professional vibes from this build. I'm definitely going to use this in my Newcrest neighborhood. Thanks for doing the challenge!!
    Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am glad that you liked it and happy you will be using it in your Newcrest neighborhood!
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    @nali272 WOW love that take on the shell!
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    @QueenV815 Thank you!!! <3
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    @nali272 Oh wow, that looks amazing. I honestly got a little scared looking at the shell, it is very original, but also overpowering. However, you made it work perfectly and harmoniously as an office building, while still leaving the edge the shell has. Also love how you used the mirrors on the outside (Though I would have had them meet in the front corner if possible, but I am being very nitpicky right now) Great cohesion of the inside of the building with the outside as well, and the entire building looks professional, but still a little fun and very detailed, I'm perplexed! :O
    @DeanXeL - thanks for the comments! I was trying to highlight the odd angels with the mirror, I wanted to do a copper and mirror look but it just did not work out...lol... this is as close as I got.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Challenge: 3 - Abstract Shell
    Gallery name & link: Newcrest Studio Apts
    Origin id: icanhassims
    Link to slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/newcrest-studio-apts.html
    Notes: This was a tough one! Thanks for the challenge. :)
    Pictures of the build:
    01-11-21-12-25-14-pm_orig.png

Other sides of the lot: (3 photos)
    01-11-21-12-25-36-pm.png
    01-11-21-12-25-53-pm.png
    01-11-21-12-26-05-pm.png

Lot at night: (4 photos)
    01-11-21-12-26-20-pm.png
    01-11-21-12-26-32-pm.png
    01-11-21-12-27-06-pm.png
    01-11-21-12-27-10-pm.png

Top-down views (starting at first floor and going up to 4th floor): (4 photos)
    01-11-21-12-54-14-pm.png
    01-11-21-12-54-06-pm.png
    01-11-21-12-54-02-pm.png
    01-11-21-12-53-59-pm.png
    @icanhassims It really was a tough one! It took me forever to finish mine. I like what you've done with this though! Good job taking the time to make each apartment different! I like how open the first floor apartment feels, the brick adds to the rustic wood theme, and the bed on the platform adds some dimension. Nice bright colors on the second floor. I like how you placed the beds on the second and third behind a sculpture for privacy. I also like all the open windows, I just got that pack recently and have been trying to use them. Nice red and black athletic theme on the fourth. I like your use of space for all of these apartments! The blue exterior with the light brick looks nice with the purple flowers! Great job and thanks for participating!
    Thank you so much @Clousinators! :)
    edited March 2021
    Challenge #4 Secret House

So I've still been playing around with blending in the secret bookcase doors on a build I've been working on and it helped me think of this month's challenge.

Instead of doing another shell I want to see how you would build a secret house. Basically make a house that doesn't look like it would be a house or a lot that has a secret entrance to a hidden house/room or whatever you can think of that would add a little surprise/hidden area to the lot. It can be for a spy sim or an evil sim who needs a hideout or whatever you want!

Lot size no larger than 40x30. No budget. Have at least 1 bedroom and other than that let your imagination run wild! Can't wait to see what you all come up with :) and tag them with #clousinators so I can find them

I love the apartment concept @icanhassims , I attempted that 1st and just didn't like anything I came up with. The way you used the brick and blue with the main part being white.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thanks @nali272! I did struggle with the apartments for a while, which is why it took so long for me to get up on here. What a challenge!
    Gallery Link: Fashionista Studio Loft
    Slideshow Link: Fashionista Studio Tour
    CC Credit: SimSationalToo "Tiffany & Co. V" and "Tiffany & Co. III"
    Description: I originally wasn't going to make one but after I started experimenting with platforms and not knowing what to do with the outside I decided to turn it into a little hidden gem. This lot is basically a studio apartment, 1 bed, 1 bath and a small living room/kitchen area
    Pictures:
    bKT1Jcn.jpg
    vWInkT7.jpg
    Gallery Link: Fashionista Studio Loft
    Slideshow Link: Fashionista Studio Tour
    CC Credit: SimSationalToo "Tiffany & Co. V" and "Tiffany & Co. III"
    Description: I originally wasn't going to make one but after I started experimenting with platforms and not knowing what to do with the outside I decided to turn it into a little hidden gem. This lot is basically a studio apartment, 1 bed, 1 bath and a small living room/kitchen area
    Pictures:
    bKT1Jcn.jpg
    vWInkT7.jpg

amazing build! Curious how you were able to create a space underneath the Bed platform?
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    @Clousinators - That is an amazing build and yes, how did you get that section under the bed? I have been trying to do that with a future RMH challenge.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @QueenV815 and @nali272 It took a bit of moving around but I placed a U shaped platform, and to fill in for the "ceiling" of the bathroom underneath I just used moveobjects and placed shelves. The platform had to be a specific height or the Sim wouldn't walk under the shelves. I don't remember the platform height but I know it matches the 2.25 wall because thats what I used along the front. The bed then would sit along the the one row of blocks along the back of the "U" platform and I just centered it over the middle. Hope that makes sense!

9DC8ju0.png
    5820Vlq.png
    @Clousinators wow that is impressive! I'll have to play around with that method!
    edited January 2021
    @Clousinators - oh boy, I am going to try again... I will have to have patience because the last time the bed kept jumping. Thanks for the tip. :D:);)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited March 2021
    Dream Shell Challenge

Alright so there hasn't been a whole lot of interest in the challenges so far unfortunately. So I will leave this thread up and add some periodically in the future (and you can still complete any challenge whenever) but for the time being this will be my last monthly challenge.

I have been trying to make the ultimate dream house and add in all the cool ideas I like as I go. My own version will probably take me another week or two at least just because I am always thinking of cool new things I want to add. I am going to upload a shell that I have made and I want to see how you can add to it!

Gallery: Shell Challenge

I have only added the exterior walls so the inside is completely up to you!
    Must be located on Oakenstead
    I would like the living room to be open to the second floor in some way.
    Build a small guest house in the back
    Add a "lake" or "pond" to the backyard as well
    and the back yard also needs a deck/patio area (does not have to be where it is in the shell, you can move it if you want)
    I would like a laundry room if you can fit it
    My boyfriend is requesting a man cave somewhere in the house
    Extra points if you can make the main bedroom have a hidden bookcase door, and be located in the front of the house so we can have views of the lighthouse and waterfront in the distance

No budget, NoCC art is allowed, just give credit to the artist, and make sure to tag me so I can find it easily in the gallery! :)