Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires - such a great pack!

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
I got lots of useful input in another post, and I got this pack on sale (50%) few days ago, and have practically done little more than playing in Forgotten Hollow :) I love making background stories for new families and worlds, and doing them for vampires was definitely a fresh breath :) I've never been into vampires (or other occults, and will return to my realistic rotation when Forgotten Hollow is all set up and their 200 years of history is played.

20201015-fh00.jpg

My vampire group will (probably) be restricted to their little world, but I'm glad to experience that vamps are not too active when playing other households. I might actually move some of them to other worlds in the future. Playing rotationally with mostly 1 day per house makes it possible to avoid most of the feeding. Love the perks system! I also made two groups - Traditional (feeding on sims) and Modern (feeding on plasma packs), and an Undesided group which mixes the two ways to feed and live, and which has lower status. Each of the two main groups has one main family, and every 25th year there is the Clan Battle where one vampire from each clan will fight it out until one of them dies (have not figured this quite out yet, bit will find a way. Perhaps I'll use a count of skills+rank+performed powers+dice to set a score and then sacrifice the loser by sunlight. Head of each clan will pick the clan's fighter, normally a well ranked vampire who is not the main heir to that "throne". I also have a birth restriction, because out of 6 births by vamp+human all kids were vampires, and I can't fill my game with any more of them, LOL. Thus is also why 1 vamp is sacrificed every 25 years.

20201015-fh01.jpg

I posted a long picture thread on my blog, including lots of info on my first impressions and Vlad IV's plans for a vampire community... Sharing a few of those pics here, too :)

20201015-fh11.jpg

More pics in spoiler:

20201015-fh03.jpg

20201015-fh16.jpg

20201015-fh21.jpg

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    glad you are enjoying the pack.

vampires is one of my favorite packs to play. i do enjoy occults in the game. and they are really done well in the sims 4. defenitly my favorite vamps ever in the sims.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Vampires is my favorite pack of all time so I love to see when someone enjoys it. I've seen a lot of "realistic" players come over to the dark side and find that they really can have fun playing with the Vampire Occult sometimes. It's such a well-done pack and the CAS and build/buy is dark and gorgeous.

Glad you are having fun with it! :)
    #Team Occult
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited October 2020
    I also started playing occults for something like a year only and it started when i decided to buy the vampires pack because of the bb. I now love playing occults. The game is well done on that department. I play a rotation with 88 sims and i can play realistic households with no supernatural interference and vice versa. Or just a bit of both. It's up to me.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Honestly, l wasn’t interested in Vampires and got it for build/buy and cas mostly.
    And I have to admit.....I enjoyed playing with Vampires. They’re fleshed out, more than Spellcasters. And Forgotten Hollow is a nice world too.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Glad you like it. Its one of my favorite packs along with Rom and Eco Lifestyle. It is a pack than can support multiple storylines. I mean if you think about it every weakness sort of leads to a different story. And the customization options are super cool.
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Vampires is my favorite pack in the game! I've been continuously impressed with the Vampires and Forgotten Hollow. Choosing various powers and aspirations truly gives your vampire character a fresh feel. Of course the Master Vampire is all about self discovery and focusing on your own abilities, then the Good Vampire focuses on not giving in to the strongest urges and moderating the vampire behavior. Then Vampire family is the most difficult because it's not just you anymore - it's your minions too
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    Hello again from Forgotten Hollow! :) Great to read your feedback, I have no problem understanding this is a fav pack to many. I'm so happy to realize that vamps are less invasive than I expected, and I might spread them to other worlds. I love that some families have secrets and live differently from the typical 9 to 4 style. This far none of my vampires have got a normal job, I guess even that is possible - they seem to be able to walk a bit in sunlight using umbrella. And in FH it gets dark so early that they are mostly safe when returning from a shift. A few are small scale farmers, painters and collectors. I waned a family to be fishing at night, but Squeemish trait goes in that family and they turned sick from catching the first fish, LOL. Never saw that before, not sure if it is specific for vampires, but it makes sense. (I use a manual trait system making it likely that some traits are passed on to kids).

Had a big awww moment when I found that toddler vamps can bite each other :)

Also have a feeling that ghosts behave differently with this pack installed. They were never this active in my game, but now they seem to even haunt neighbors' houses, starting fires etc. I've not yet found whether a ghost vamp needs plasma and can attack a human, it would be cool in some settings, but probably too much to deal with as they seem to go everywhere.

Taking lots of screenshots that I want to share, but I need to post those screenshots on my blog in order to share here, so I might just as well make a "behind the scenes" episode dedicated to FH, on my YT channel ;)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Is it this version that they can bite their teddy bears? Or was that sims 3? Or am I just dreaming lol?
    Is it this version that they can bite their teddy bears? Or was that sims 3? Or am I just dreaming lol?

Hm, I never checked if they can bite their teddy. I did not play vampires in any previous series, but I somehow think they could do such a thing in TS3. Now I'll have to try it in TS4 :) It's always interesting to find actions that might actually affect on their future skills or personality. I've generally explored toddlers way too little.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    they can bite their teddy bears in the sims 3. i dont think its in the sims 4. i thought toddlers already could bite if their communication was high enough. but im sure it looks even cuter with the vampire tots. like they are practicing how to bite when they get older. i made a vamp toddler early on when i got vampires. they are so cute too.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
    they can bite their teddy bears in the sims 3. i dont think its in the sims 4. i thought toddlers already could bite if their communication was high enough. but im sure it looks even cuter with the vampire tots. like they are practicing how to bite when they get older. i made a vamp toddler early on when i got vampires. they are so cute too.

You mean toddlers can have fangs? I was not aware of anything vamp-ish for them, I thought it would not be available until the reach teenage.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Toddler can usually bite if they are angry. Maybe for vamps they don't have to be...