Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If trailer is ocotber 20th, maybe october31 release? Spooky much?

Maybe it its spooky DLC for the timeframe.

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    id be into it. i like spooky supernatural stuff
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    31st is a Saturday, ep are released on Friday. Also iirc the time between pack announcement and release is about 3-4weeks. One week is too hopeful
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I think only SPs are likely to release 1 week after announcement. EP's usually take 3 weeks.

Also, I don't think we're getting anything spooky now. Considering the last pack was Star Wars, I think we're getting something more casual this time.

I do hope we get a Happy Haunts/Paranormal pack next year, though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Well the candy simgurugeorge asked about seems like Halloween kind of candy. Can't remember now the other candies except the candy corn since I don't even eat it 😅
    Simgurupopcorn is asking simmers to tag her in spooky builds and sims.
    If it has anything to do with spooky stuff I'd be super thrilled!!!
    But other than that they are super silent so who knows. I believe it's because of the simmer up roar recently. And even now the rare few times I go on twitter it's just simmers trashing the sims 4. So they are either discouraged and dissapointed or scared. Maybe all three. Because normally this time we would have so many hints to speculate on! Feels weird.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Happy Haunts is really to small to be an expansion but big enough for a gamepack.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Happy Haunts is really to small to be an expansion but big enough for a gamepack.
    Recycling is too small to be an EP, yet we have Eco Lifestyle. And Happy Haunts' features could be a small part of a bigger supernatural pack.

Not that we'd ever get an occult EP, RIP.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Well the candy simgurugeorge asked about seems like Halloween kind of candy. Can't remember now the other candies except the candy corn since I don't even eat it 😅
    Simgurupopcorn is asking simmers to tag her in spooky builds and sims.
    If it has anything to do with spooky stuff I'd be super thrilled!!!
    But other than that they are super silent so who knows. I believe it's because of the simmer up roar recently. And even now the rare few times I go on twitter it's just simmers trashing the sims 4. So they are either discouraged and dissapointed or scared. Maybe all three. Because normally this time we would have so many hints to speculate on! Feels weird.

It's possible that they just like Halloween... since it's spooky month.
    Gordy wrote: »
    Recycling is too small to be an EP, yet we have Eco Lifestyle. And Happy Haunts' features could be a small part of a bigger supernatural pack.

Happy haunts is too specific. Recycling isn’t, thus we have EL.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    A spooky theme sounds fun but seems more game pack or stuff pack material. I’m hoping for a hotel/resorts theme with the ability to have and create rentable lots in all worlds and perhaps own a second/vacation home in all worlds, and maybe a destination world. I would love it. I guess we will see on Tuesday. I am pretty excited for the trailer.
    edited October 2020

Recycling and living gree was pretty barebones and underdeveloped. EPs in general are pretty slim.

But as I said, it could cover a lot more than what Happy Haunts originally offered. Aside from expanding on ghosts and worlds beyond death, we could have a ton of occult-friendly stuff, new life states, expand on how regular sims view and interact with the supernatural, add come cross-pack support for witches and vampires, add a graveyard lot type, and could include dozens of possible careers.

Plus we have had 2 supernatural-based EPs in the past.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg

Recycling and living gree was pretty barebones and underdeveloped. EPs in general are pretty slim.

But as I said, it could cover a lot more than what Happy Haunts originally offered. Aside from expanding on ghosts and worlds beyond death, we could have a ton of occult-friendly stuff, new life states, expand on how regular sims view and interact with the supernatural, add come cross-pack support for witches and vampires, add a graveyard lot type, and could include dozens of possible careers.

Then it’d no longer be “happy haunts”. Yeah if they add all that it’s be an EP, but happy haunts it’s extremely specific. The original eco living poll somehow turned to laundry but it’s was still able to turn to EL, cause the it’s a big topic. I’m with you though that EPs are very slim
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They don't release that quickly after announcements, plus if they were to release a halloween pack it'd have to come out atleast a few weeks before halloween.
    edited October 2020

Then it’d no longer be “happy haunts”. Yeah if they add all that it’s be an EP, but happy haunts it’s extremely specific. The original eco living poll somehow turned to laundry but it’s was still able to turn to EL, cause the it’s a big topic. I’m with you though that EPs are very slim
    My original point was, Happy Haunts' content could be a small part of a bigger super supernatural pack.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited October 2020

My original point was, Happy Haunts' content could be a small part of a bigger super supernatural pack.

I wasn't all that into Happy Haunts, but obviously a lot of people were and I'd like that for them... it would be great if you were right, and we had a general supernatural EP that included the happy haunts ideas plus, let's say, fairies, werewolves, genies, etc.

Edited to add: particularly if it came with a nice big world! Preferably one that doesn't have too much background decor, so it could be used for more flexible worldbuilding.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited October 2020
    I really want Happy Haunts, but I don't think it should come in a pack with life states. I just don't care about occults and I don't think the happy haunts vibe matches werewolves or fairies.

I would much prefer a Paranormal pack with the Grim Reaper/Ghost Hunter active career and a Paranormal non-active career, fortune tellers, graveyards, zodiac signs, ghosts updated and an autumnal world.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    With no leaks to crush my dreams yet, I'm still hoping for the mystical carnival theme, featuring both werewolves and fairies, fortune teller careers, acrobats, candy floss, bonehilda, rollercoasters. Like ts1 makin magic type world. (The nostalgia would knock me out of my socks!)

It is of course only an unfounded, zero evidence to support, hope that will probably never happen.

But one can dream *sigh*
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    While a Halloween release would be cool, I'm thinking it'll be mid November. Most other EPs have been released around the black friday sales.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Plus adding in the dragons, their training skill, dragon themed pet stuff and the animations to ride said dragons would probably make it ep worth ;)
    CelSims wrote: »

Plus adding in the dragons, their training skill, dragon themed pet stuff and the animations to ride said dragons would probably make it ep worth ;)
    Oh, yes! But since they'll probably reuse pet stuff, that means the dragons can have a color wheel to customize them, AND we can breed and sell them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member

I saw it, she said she couldn't comment on new stuff.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    But maybe it has something to do because she has a spooky pumpkins icons on her handle.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Though they never release EPs within one week I have to say after checking out SimGuruGeorge's tweets, that candy really did look like Haloween candy. Maybe it was not a teaser for the pack idk. But it is weird he's tweeting so much orange, black candy
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?