Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Pre Expansion Patch Speculation 2020 (Emergency Patch Out Now)

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Okay, after some probably too brief sleuthing, I think the November patch will update the Rental lot type to not be restricted to vacation worlds. (it's also possible that this functionality will come with EP 10)

• Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    -Being able to purchase houses in other worlds and destinations
    -Placing rental lots in any worlds
    -Pond tool
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Maybe an attraction system?

I can only hope
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited October 2020
    since we have japanese style pack I think im going to really need split level desperately

even just for the shoes off zone
    ah but ill probably have to try and cheat it somehow :neutral:

also hoping for toggles to make vacation worlds residential and other way around
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    Maybe an attraction system?

I can only hope
    I had just saw some of the key features for EP 10, slated to be released on the 13th of Nov. In the new features was a new personality and relationship system. Now if there's new attraction system attached to this, I don't know. Because they didn't give a whole lot of info on this. Maybe they will go into more detail on this in the livestream for Snowy Escape on the 30th of this month.
  • Options
    so it seems instead of actual split level there is a platform in the pack huh... not sure how i feel about that o_O I guess its a start but worried it will be restrictive in terms of shapes
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    so it seems instead of actual split level there is a platform in the pack huh... not sure how i feel about that o_O I guess its a start but worried it will be restrictive in terms of shapes
    I think having a platform would be a great idea. It's better than having to make a foundation and removing part of it to create a step-down inside the house.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping that Granite Falls and Selvadarado are updated so we can live there or vacation there like with this world in the Update.

Also I think the platforms will be making thier way to the update.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I believe that in the trailer there were split-levels in homes. There's always a build feature added in EP Patches, hoping this one is Snowy Escapes!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Lately PC and console are being updated the same day. This started back when they had started to release a new Pack for both PC and consoles the same day.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I think having a platform would be a great idea. It's better than having to make a foundation and removing part of it to create a step-down inside the house.

i mean obviously its better than what we have now but what I am thinking about is how this platform thing works and if it has set shapes so i can't for example apply it to rounded room then that is a bummer

or if you can only have it in specific colors or styles thats also : |

+if it affects routing in any way that is irritating

you just see it used in particular ways in the trailer and it worries me a little

also i think i only saw one height for the platform which ... i hope is not the only one
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I think we won't be getting anything new.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

i mean obviously its better than what we have now but what I am thinking about is how this platform thing works and if it has set shapes so i can't for example apply it to rounded room then that is a bummer

you just see it used in particular ways in the trailer and it worries me a little

also i think i only saw one height for the platform which ... i hope is not the only one

I noticed at least two different heights - the house had "one step" into the room on the top left of the screen (it's late, I don't remember specifically what the room was) and I think two "steps" into the area to the left (opposite the door) - this is the one I'm least sure of. And the onsen's shower room platform looked to be two steps as well.

The tweets said the platform was "customizable" but yeah, it's still not clear how customizable. I have a feeling that for all the talk of being able to do "split level" houses, we're still not going to be able to put different foundation heights next to eachother, and platforms will be resting on the same foundation level as the neighboring room(s)
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    I think they used the world “in the future” for platforms don’t they?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

You can see in this picture below that there are several heights for the platforms. There is first height just before you enter the tatami area and a second height in the fireplace area. Third height is near the shoes, where the flower vase is placed. It appears to be surrounded by short wall and covered with wallpapers. They appear to be customizable like the foundation and short walls too, in that you can put floor tiles on them and wall paper on the sides, and choose wall trimmings like for short walls.

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-392.jpg

sht.png

TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-268.jpg

In the picture with kitchen counters, you can see best that there is a short wall behind the counter and the platform below and it's border extends a bit out from the floor area.
    Sims-SE02.png

The train station appears to use platforms a lot too.
    TS4_EP10_REVEAL_INGAME_EN-US-093.jpg
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    It says in the written features of the pack, somewhere on the sims web page that platforms will now be adjustable and I think its the sort of thing that will be free to all.
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    I could see then adding the ability of going into vacation to any world.
  • Options

Maybe they will show what can be done with the platform in the livestream. I'm sure that they'll show something about some of the build/buy mode pieces in the livestream. They usually do.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I think the vacation rental lot designation and the ability to live in prior vacation worlds might realistically be in the patch. Not so sure about the platforms, but it would be very nice if they were.

What I want most though are fixes for current bugs caused by the EL pre-patch such as:
    • #1 Gardening
    • Freelance Careers
    • Off-the-Grid cell usage 4 hour anger moodlet given when NOT on an off-the-grid lot
    • Get rid of the moaning/groaning/whiny/bored idle animations, please! GAH!

Also, please fix the EL NAPs (especially 'stealing is appealing') and the Eco Footprint needs to be fixed so it's not so 'erratic' and more static.

'Never gonna happen, you're dreaming Karen" updates would be:
    • Personality Overhaul with an addition of the fear emotion
    • More romance! Especially slow dancing, holding hands and cuddling in bed. Bonus for a faux fur rug so our Sims can cuddle lying prone or woohoo on the floor. I miss the one from The Sims that had drinks available plucked from it's furry head. :D Very romantic in front of a fireplace when it's cold outside.
    • Body Hair
    • Doorbells!
    • Pond tool
    • In-ground hot tub

I could list a lot more, but those are the most important to me right now.

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I feel like the next patch is going to be huge. Online dating? Possible burglars?
    Base game lifestyles? More traits?

But I am probably just getting excited by Snowy Escape.

The last time I was THIS excited for what's to come was when DU was released which was a day after my bday and I won in a giveaway and now this comes out the day before. I also expect the real skintone part 1 update as well.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    [*] Get rid of the moaning/groaning/whiny/bored idle animations, please! GAH!

Oh yes, please this!!!

And please make Granite Falls liveable! Pretty please! <3

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't know how to feel about vacationing in all worlds.

While I would love to be able to travel to Sulani, for instance, I think it wouldn't make a lot of sense, considering I can go there any day for free and just come back home to sleep. Paying to travel to a world you can go for free seems kinda dull to me.

Like, great I can have a rental lot in Oasis Springs, but I can also go there any given day for free, so...

I think I would rather vacation worlds to be just vacation worlds and if you want to live there, you could buy a vacation home, like in Sims 3.
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    The ability to own more than one home is LONG OVERDUE.
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    [*] Get rid of the moaning/groaning/whiny/bored idle animations, please! GAH!

Oh yes, please this!!!

And please make Granite Falls liveable! Pretty please! <3

I would love this. Thankfully, Glimmerbrook fills that void for me if they don't make Granite Falls liveable, but I just love camping and the woods!
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I'm thinking we are getting split level flooring cause it'd be sooooo rude if they only made that available by purchasing this new Ep. As well as a fix with relationship interactions overhaul since theres the 16 new possible lifestyles w/ consequences coming with it. It may only come with the pack, but again, extremely rude if they do it that way as that is something that should we a part of the base game as their entire marketing plan since TS4 release was literally advertised as being smarter sims with more personality haha.