Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Doesn't Maxis Care About the Baby Sims?

124...Next

Comments

• trinutellatrinutella Posts: 5 New Member
    Yup, I want my sims to be able to carry their baby around the house and take it to other lots, as well as for the baby to get sick and take it to the doctor. I also want sickness for other ages too to keep my game realistic and interesting. And we need strollers for the toddlers an daycare/preschool as well.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    trinutella wrote: »
    Yup, I want my sims to be able to carry their baby around the house and take it to other lots, as well as for the baby to get sick and take it to the doctor. I also want sickness for other ages too to keep my game realistic and interesting. And we need strollers for the toddlers an daycare/preschool as well.

That might come better in a game pack and not an expansion, definitely not in a Patch. We had sickness which killed in My first pet stuff and I didn't like it at all and it made me avoid playing the small pets. It's enough for me to have the doctor career in Get to Work.

I don't think at this moment in time we need any more sickness even in a game. Do we?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I personally don't think that they don't care about them, considering they did get a small update in Nifty Knitting, it's just that they're focusing on other stuff. Since it'll definitely have to be in the Base Game if they don't want MAJOR backlash (possibly worse than Star Wars), they're going to need budget approval, and since this would change the core of an entire life stage it would cost a lot of money, and they're focusing on fixing skin tones right now, and who knows how many other packs.

Why are they focusing on skin tones? think real hard about it, because the reputaion of EA is on the line, the cancel culture could cause people to boycott EA games. The skin tone issue has been there for over six years. It's a new political climate these past few years. People boycott companies these days when they want to draw attention to something they think is not inclusive. Maxis is focusing on this because they know this could hurt their reputation, a baby stuck in a crib won't hurt their reputation, so they do what is politically expedient for them to make money. It has nothing to do with 'caring' at all.

I never said that they're reasons for focusing on skin tones weren't wrong, just that it's part of the reason if they're not working on babies right now.
    funny-gifs20.gif