Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleting Townies

The game creates townies every time it needs a bartender, librarian, DJ, etc. For those of you who delete townies, how do you fill those jobs?

If you use mods, what mods do you use to prevent townies? Is it MCCC? Because that seems like a large, complicated mod that does a lot of things.

Mods aren't my first choice for townie control because I forget to turn them on after game updates, and as much as I hate townies I don't know what the game would be like if I just deleted them all, so let me know what you do, how it works, and if there are still issues, what they are.
4TJdLHA.png
Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I use the NPC Control mod by Paulson. It stops random townies from spawning in my game and also it allows management of the NPC jobs as well. I can set what ever sims I like to be bartenders or any of the other NPC roles. It's one of the most valued mods that I have in my game and I highly recommend it. Also I don't find overly complicated to figure out the settings. It has improved my Sims 4 playing experience by so much.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I just delete them and add in my own sims. If you want a certain sim to be a bartender, cheat in some mixology skills. The game will often still just generate some anyways, despite my best efforts, but I'll just keep deleting the ones I don't like but some I actually don't mind and I let them stay. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    It's a losing battle without NPC Control. I do not use it myself, because it always conflicted with something, either other mods or the GTW careers. But if townie control is your top priority, then this is the one mod.

Alternately what I sometimes do is using MCCC to copy over the appearance, outfit and traits of one of my own sims, then pretend the bartender /DJ etc. is this particular sim (I picked this tactic up from the Sims 2 community, where it's done with SimPE). Of course that method isn't optimal if the original sim is also present at the venue. But I also have generic service androids whose faces work well for this purpose.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I dislike the random generated Sims so much, but the game makes them faster than I can delete them. I make over some of them, like butlers and dormmates. The others I ignore as long as they aren't truly horrible, those get deleted immediately.

I really wish we had an option to choose our own service Sims, without having to use a mod for it.

I do use MCCC, and it helps, but I am too lazy to dig in deep to figure out how to get the most of it.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    @APotts, and all others who are troubled by EA's garbage ideas of townies.

MCCC can be set to force the Game to Only use sims from your tray folder for townies it requires.
    Then you also can use NPCC to set the jobs for them in a more sensible way.
    And the real "Must Have" is one of the fashion police mods that stop all the dumb accessorising of even our own played sims since a recent update.

OR, you could make an account at a virtual world system like Will Wright did and forget about this franchise.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited October 2020
    I use the option under MCCC Population Control to force the game to only draw townies from my tray exactly how I created them (albeit, I've noticed occasionally, they are spawning either as occults, or in much darker skintones). If I want specific Sims to have an NPC role, I use Copy/Paste under the MCCC setting after clicking on an existing NPC to replace an existing Sim with another.

And even that doesn't help. I've ended up with the MAC cosmetics added to female Sims that, otherwise, are exactly how I created them; and that there's the whole situational outfit thing.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2020
    shorty943p wrote: »
    @APotts, and all others who are troubled by EA's garbage ideas of townies.

MCCC can be set to force the Game to Only use sims from your tray folder for townies it requires.
    Then you also can use NPCC to set the jobs for them in a more sensible way.
    And the real "Must Have" is one of the fashion police mods that stop all the dumb accessorising of even our own played sims since a recent update.

OR, you could make an account at a virtual world system like Will Wright did and forget about this franchise.

I sort of use the tray, but since I don't want any duplicates running around I only use it during makeovers to paste one sim at a time, then I pull the sim into CAS and tweak them, so they are similar but still different... If that makes sense, but thanks for the suggestion. I suppose I need to make a bunch of new Sims to keep on the side in my tray.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I used to delete them but found that the game just generates even uglier ones when it needs to fill roles. Townies that are made over seem to stick around longer (as in they don't get culled) if the game has already assigned them something to do in the world.

The one thing is though if you go down the makeover path, without mods, you'll never stop having to edit sims. Once in a while the game will generate a new librarian, as if all the ones you've edited weren't enough. And I found myself having to remake djs in particular so often until I got a mod to stop that mess. The game made those old djs I edited into unemployed townies for some reason. So there's that.

Oh, someone on this forum let me know of a feature that I've overlooked for years in CAS which is a button (the die inside a photo) that let's you swap out a townie's appearance for a random sim from the gallery, which is convenient if you need a quick sim that at least has all of their outfits together. Best thing about it is that the new sim maintains whatever role the game has given them. Be it a roommate, bartender, etc. So you've got a new sim with better aesthetics, and the same role.

Also, in terms of mods, I have a couple of bienchen's mods that effect the spawning of situational sims. For example I have three dj townies who I've made over. One of bee's mods stops the generation of other djs so I'll only see one of those three working at the nightclub ever.

I don't know if any of this helps, but I can say that my main save has gotten to the point were I can recognize certain townies, know what they do for a living and have not needed to initiate any major makeovers in a while. That is unless I have a sim move into a dorm, where the game spawns plenty-a messes.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I keep meaning to use the Sim Spawn Overhaul mod, but I haven't been in a mood to play lately.
    I have used MCCC tray import function in the past, but didn't really like it. I suppose I should just download sims for it and not have it use my own sims.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    i am looking for a mod to disable the game from spawning them since deleting them is like stomping cockroaches: the game will just spawn more of them!
    edited October 2020
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    That is unless I have a sim move into a dorm, where the game spawns plenty-a messes.

1.if you move in a dorm
    2. if you basically set one foot in the university world
    3. if you go to San Myshuno
    4. if you go to a night club
    5. if there is a restaurant and/or bowling alley in your world
    6. if you visit the vet clinic
    7. if you visit Del Sol Valley's celebrity lots, often also celebrity pears as well >,<

.... pretty much if you visit ANY public lot the game will begin filling your world with those hideosities to gradually replace the premades and sims you placed yourself and the same old gaggle of pears will stalk you wherever you go: it's always the same old group which show up -.-

edit: i forgot 8. if you visit any Sulani lot (heap of random islander sims) and 9. if you are at any bar and the theme evening (which is pretty much every day) hits, you'll get a nice extra influx of Genjis and other weirdos stalking your sims
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    That is unless I have a sim move into a dorm, where the game spawns plenty-a messes.

I actually have the most fun making these ones over. I ended up using 8 of them as playable sims in the end :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I found that even if you delete those townies that are bartenders or gym trainers, ect, the game will just eventually create more random sims again and fill those jobs.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited October 2020
    @DanmanNefarius Oh yeah, the rate they spawn at is painful. Thank goodness for mods.

@MissyHissy Good way to get new sims :smiley: It's nice seeing those made over dormies around campus and in school organizations too.

...As opposed to adult Genji Tanaka #182, with his striking blonde hair and mismatch of accessories.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2020
    I usually just modify them to my liking. I use MCCC which allows you to, among a million other things, change your settings so you can manage how the population is balanced. I have heard of mods that directly impact the spawning of "townies" but I am not picky. :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    edited October 2020
    I usually just modify them to my liking. I use MCCC which allows you to, among a million other things, change your settings so you can manage how the population is balanced. I have heard of mods that directly impact the spawning of "townies" but I am not picky. :D

well...i am really not in the mood to make over at least 60-75 random townies each time i load a save and play for about 20 minutes.... yes, it has gotten that bad since university and if you have CL and/or island living installed as well. and i actually do like giving sims makeovers, but not every single time i load a game or when my sims dare to leave their house
    edited October 2020
    ...As opposed to adult Genji Tanaka #182, with his striking blonde hair and mismatch of accessories.

this comment made my day lol so darn true too hahaha though now we have Genji Tanaka mixed with Tamati Keohola... both still favor the pear body and red hair + that awful mario stache and ofc mismatching skin tones and hair colors... the only variation you'll find is in their names thus supposed nationalities even though all the randoms look the same to me: weird and just disgusting imo... Geoffrey Landgraab is a swimsuit model compared to pretty much all of the randoms! and he isn't even a model, but at least he looks like a normal middleaged caucasian man instead of a creepy blonde african male with a japanese name. i admit: i have a bias towards women but i can still have an objective look and i just cannot see my young adult females having any interest in a worm like this! (and he actually has a decent face...many randoms have a face that makes me want to vomit all over the screen...)

nCG6tpn.png

but boy does the game try to force this worm onto my female sims! if i just kept a counter on how many toimes i had to reset my sims with cheats to prevent the game from forcing a flirty greeting or enchanting greeting with this...thing! i'll decide for myself whom i want my sims to date tyvm! don't need the game with it's fetish for randoms to decide that for me because it is obvious my games always somehow seem to prioretize randoms for some odd reason....

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Sadly the issue is that the game spawns new townies , whether they are needed or not , It doesn't use the ones already there it just spawns more and more , I recently decided to cull my townies and actually counted them and in the end i deleted 376 families of them . Within 2 days play i then had another 86 families of them created by the game .

I just wish it would create only the ones needed and not just create more and more especially as 99% of them are butt ugly with hideous mismatched clothes
    edited October 2020
    Sadly the issue is that the game spawns new townies , whether they are needed or not , It doesn't use the ones already there it just spawns more and more , I recently decided to cull my townies and actually counted them and in the end i deleted 376 families of them . Within 2 days play i then had another 86 families of them created by the game .

I just wish it would create only the ones needed and not just create more and more especially as 99% of them are butt ugly with hideous mismatched clothes

couldn't agree more, and if only they just did what they did and not utterly dominate the game as well. i almost always have games where you'll hardly ever encounter housed premade sims anymore and just the same old flock of butt ugly pears stalking your sims 24/7

this is the latest piece of trash harrassing one of my sims.... apparantly they also like to wear lipstick these days??? which patch introduced this new boys love make up trend???

SUnDprd.png

and ofc he just HAD to have that ridiculous mario moustache... and i really am curious why the game thinks a Young Adult girl, who is also member of a milionaire family and can pretty much have every man she wants (yep, the blonde next to him is one of my sims) would be attracted to a creepy old geezer with lipstick??? but boy does the game try to force this guy onto her...he just doesn't stop following her 0.o ....god i hate random townies so much... ohh and apart from Mila Munch, Kartina Caliente and that guy from Sulani (cannot pronounce those names but the adult guy with the big glasses) it is nothing but randoms around here >.< while Marcus Flex and Alice Kim Lewis are the food stall work NPC's!! so apparantly the game spawns this trash like crazy and then uses premades to do the very jobs these things are supposedly spawned for in the first place ergo the random mass spawning is utterly pointless!!
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    @DanmanNefarius The only way I know of is by not traveling to venues. I personally use MCCC to control them but as far as I know nothing can stop them unless you do not travel.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I use a mod to stop them from generating completely. Or if it's somewhere like Selvadorada, I'll allow natives to spawn and then put the mod back in to prevent more from generating so I'll only have what's necessary to fill those roles.

Sometimes I'll make my own homeless sims and have them fill NPC roles or give them the traits/skills needed to fill specific ones. NPCs will still generate despite my best efforts. I have a save file that's mostly based in Sulani. It's my main household and their friends/family living there. They went to the local bar and 14 NPCs generated just for the role of Sulani Barfly over the course of a couple of hours. I'm like "Why?" What is the point of that when I have plenty of my own sims to fill the bar and create an atmosphere?

There is absolutely no need for that many NPCs to spawn for every role or situation. Stopping them from generating (almost) entirely is what works for me.
    edited October 2020
    Finvola wrote: »
    . I'm like "Why?" What is the point of that when I have plenty of my own sims to fill the bar and create an atmosphere?

There is absolutely no need for that many NPCs to spawn for every role or situation. Stopping them from generating (almost) entirely is what works for me.

my thoughts exactly but do they also dominate your world like they do mine? gradually surplanting the premades to the point where you hardly ever see them or sims you placed yourself? because that's what truly annoys me to no end. not just having to spend over 30 minutes deleting them each time i load a save but just how extremely dominantly present they are ruining the immersion of the neighbourhood to the point where there is just no point at all to leave the house uinless you wish to have a social circle consisting of the same old random generated freakazoids of which 75 % are either mean, kleptos or slobs

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I use NPCC to limit the generation of randoms. I also have a mod that makes those randoms spawn with less CL/IL names. I'll give the few randoms makeover usually, either just outfits/hair or more "severe" changes like body shape. I will not see a pear shaped man in my game. Don't care, its not manly with those extremely narrow shoulders and those wide hips.
  • PoppyjasperPoppyjasper Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Finvola said:
    > I use a mod to stop them from generating completely. Or if it's somewhere like Selvadorada, I'll allow natives to spawn and then put the mod back in to prevent more from generating so I'll only have what's necessary to fill those roles.
    >
    > Sometimes I'll make my own homeless sims and have them fill NPC roles or give them the traits/skills needed to fill specific ones. NPCs will still generate despite my best efforts. I have a save file that's mostly based in Sulani. It's my main household and their friends/family living there. They went to the local bar and 14 NPCs generated just for the role of Sulani Barfly over the course of a couple of hours. I'm like "Why?" What is the point of that when I have plenty of my own sims to fill the bar and create an atmosphere?
    >
    > There is absolutely no need for that many NPCs to spawn for every role or situation. Stopping them from generating (almost) entirely is what works for me.

Can you send me a link to the mod? it sounds very useful!
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited December 2020
    I deleted all of the the townies and I manage their spawn by using a combination of MCCC, NPCC and a mod that keeps sims in their homeworlds for most part. I currently have 104 sims, the only premade npc I keep is the father winter, the rest are my playable sims (currently about 45 households) and npcs created by me which I put in homes together based on the world they live in. The game uses them as needed for the npc jobs, or I change their job through NPCC myself. With the current settings I have in MCCC an NPCC the game creates only one additional sim which I delete at the end of each gaming session. Currently my other households look like this. I will add the npcs to all worlds, but currently I only created them for the worlds I play most often.
    e7703aca36af4121b005dad0dff0312fe9349b9e.png