Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with Townies?

Not the Townies that came with the game, but the ones that are automatically generated. You know. Those Townies.
What do you usually do with them?
4TJdLHA.png
Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports

What do you do with Townies? 219 votes

Ignore them
19%
Jderrick094Cabelle1863Isb917MaryVannelanorbretonldmarkoKennziKaigeLizzychicagoAquariusMomdavina1221taydevbluelightingduhboy2u2milly001jak135blueyblueskyfoxybillyorangehippogriffSajahibenson2006 43 votes
Give them makeovers
18%
Akl500PCK213ihavesorelegsnowAlexaiTheSpotted_CMeteoraStormfreindlylolluthienrisingMindofyMissyHissyKatiardguezphantasmkissChampandGirlieFraTacMissmagoo2angiehanssonLuisammoAngelEb95sillyangel0906So_Money 41 votes
Delete them
11%
julienrob2004IcewolfSablesashaToriegamekittensmurf45blueSimSamTysonFoxrox77Babykittyjadeannaliese39catitude5Sims4MagicalTalesryttu3kInternal_ChaosFlapRedShoe7dreamprisonerHearts4uMareahPlainevil 26 votes
Kill them
2%
FinvolaRavenSpitCelSimsSimmingalGrimReaper1744 5 votes
Marry/Befriend them
17%
Frn0731WrenryJueJuerockthetropics0SusanaLeoteMariefoxprice83WyrrenElegantblkchina1fruitsbasket101alyssasim87barracuda1574Chanty25wrenstalesdeedles64kiwi84FLaurieSimsChica2013AsitexZenAlchemistfiercephoenix91 38 votes
I have mods that take care of them
9%
PlayerSinger2010BeardedgeekloubylouloupeterskywalkerbixtersEmmaVanepammiechickAnnLee87OnverserBlueSargent300KathykinsKiwicantdieNellythekiddDrakosSharoniaBecka28mushuKaitlinMarieVikVeeDub 20 votes
Other
15%
KorglyCamkatsimgirl1010stilljustme2LustianiciaAlwe1507notasmokealarm09APottsCAPTAIN_NXR7Karababy52Bearpal64chidoriaidaEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlSheriSim57OEII1001MonaveilNorthDakotaGamerInuMiroLoverAmandèle 33 votes
Justine Keaton?
5%
BloosmooSerendipity38elelunicyDaravisnoepjes1210DoloresGreyMDianaSimsColton147147TamakiSakura84permanentroseJasonschick80AriaMad2NobileIntento 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Ignore them
    I ignore them most of them time, but occasionally go in and delete them all.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It's so much nicer to not have them and have my world populated with the sims I put in it.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Justine Keaton?
    I usually ignore or delete them. But I like the Justine Keaton option ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Delete them
    I havent done anything about them yet but i think i will go ahead and delete them since they dont interest me one bit.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I use NPC Control to keep them from spawning in my game.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Give them makeovers
    I go through the bin, sort the homeless, and cas.fulleditmode them. Mean/Evil traits get swapped with Good, to ensure their new trait prevents lingering effects of the old one. Sims with the same last name get put in a household and I give them relationships. Sometimes I just delete the heck out of them, but they always come back. Makeovers seem to work the best for me in the long term.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Kill them
    They are my evil sims favorite victims, not just for killing though, also for tormenting with mischievious actions and such, they're just too easy to dislike...besides that I ignore them.
    I also delete all premades and other housed NPC sims and have "fill empty houses" off, I just want MY sims to have homes.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other
    Sometimes I ignore them. Sometimes I delete them if they’re mean to my played Sims. Sometimes my Sims befriend them. Sometimes my Sims fall in love with them and marry them. Sometimes I fall in love with them myself and play them. Sometimes, if they’re truly awe inspiring, I photograph them for the Townie Fashion Police thread.

Here is a picture of a townie I wound up playing (the male) falling in love with another townie, whom he later married and I also wound up playing.

50246991146_4d6f60f09c.jpg

Townies Happily Ever After!

50246991996_c86a65c73c.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    MCCC usually does what it wants with them. Sometimes I'll befreind them though.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Delete them
    I have my own townies on households bin to populate the game so I usually delete all random generated ones. Sometimes the game generates an interesting random Sim that I'll keep.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited October 2020
    Marry/Befriend them
    I also ignore a lot of them, but my Sims will often befriend them and sometimes marry them. One of my favorite Sims is a townie that my Sim married. There are gems among townies.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Other
    I ignore most of them but some of them might become friends with my own sims. When I need more space for my own sims though, they are the first ones I'll delete.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Give them makeovers
    Most of the time i give them makeovers. I sometimes try to make up a story in my head while changing them, which can be super fun with the larger households :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other
    Sometimes I ignore them, sometimes I delete them...sometimes they 'happen' to...simply die.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other
    Several, but not all, of the above.

Every so often I go through Manage Households and delete several that are not aesthetically pleasing, but I've never deleted all of them.

The other day I spotted one that looked like hipster Waldo (of the Where's Waldo books) so I changed his name to Waldo and saved him into my households so he doesn't get culled.

At the beginning of this current save I brought a few into my families, but then I started doing that with only the Maxis made sims rather than the randoms.

I don't have the patience to go into all of their households and make them over, but I occasionally will use my sims in the Stylist career to change their outfits.

I rarely kill sims intentionally, and when I do it's for a story so it's usually a premade or born in game sim. But if I use them to fill the relationship count for a serial romantic I will age them up manually alongside their former lovers and move them into my retirement village when they're old enough so they will eventually die of old age, since I only have aging on for the active household.

And I do a lot of ignoring.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Other
    I often seem to answer these polls without fully reading the post... lol I didn't realize we were specifically talking about townies that are generated, as opposed to the ones that come with the game.

I ignore them, personally. I don't associate with them unless my Sim has a specific task to do so (like in the detective or doctor career). Otherwise, I leave them alone and don't interact with them at all. If they move into any houses I've built, I usually let them live there until I specifically want to do something with the house they're living in. Then I move them out. I generally just keep all townies in the "in world" category. I don't really feel any need to kill or delete them. Just leave them be.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Other
    Most of them I ignore, but if they spawn as police co-workers they disrupt my setting and get deleted right on the spot.

A rare few manage to catch my eye and write themselves into the story. Sometimes it's the outfits they spawn in or a specific interaction they do with my played sims. Those townies get makeovers and also get played on occasion.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Should have answered "other", really. I some times give them make-overs, some times just delete them (cba to kill them in game), for the most part they are ignored, unless I give them makeovers and/or they become friends of my sims. Actually, some generated sims ended up being my favourites after adding them to my families.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Other
    All of the above. >:)
  • Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Other
    I permit them to take the required job / service positions.

I do not integrate them.
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Give them makeovers
    I give them makeovers if they are too ugly (this happens quite often lol) or ignore them if they look ok.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    MCCC puts in my Sims for townies. I now love my worlds!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Give them makeovers
    If my sim is interacting with them (friends, coworkers, etc.) I'll give them a makeover. If they're just a random sim passing by, I ignore them.
    If I'm starting from scratch, I delete everyone and use MCCC to import my tray of custom sims.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Delete them
    Mods keep them from spawning at most part, but those few who do get deleted. I have tried to give them makeovers, but 99% of the time they are just too ugly to handle.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    edited October 2020
    Give them makeovers
    Mostly give them makeovers but all of the above.