Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Simfest is invisible in Mick's Karaoke lot

2...Next

Comments

• JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2020
    @KevinL5275
    Thank you but I don’t think he is in this case. My singer sim started his sim life since a teenager in Monte Vista. He was a famous rock star in music career before starting this singer career. He has over 60 friends and completed everybody’s best friend in charisma skill challenge. :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have a habit of sending my sims who newly joined the showtime careers to go to the Festival, or some other lot, and perform for tips. I have no idea if this helps with the sim fest or not.
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @KevinL5275
    Thank you but I don’t think he is in this case. My singer sim started his sim life since a teenager in Monte Vista. He was a famous rock star in music career before starting this singer career. He has over 60 friends and completed everybody’s best friend in charisma skill challenge. :)

I don't think Rock Star gives any benefit to the singer career as they are from different expansion packs. Having lots of friends might help. Have any of their friends watched them perform as a singer in the singing career?
    edited October 2020
    @Karritz He has been making tip from playing guitar all around town. Surely his friends are always enjoying his guitar playing. Being rock star helps the singer career because he made a lot of friends from playing the guitar. When he started singer career, he went out to town to perform for tip, most of his friend sims gathered around him and enjoyed his songs. Also he practiced singing skill a lot. When he was about to start singer career, his singing skill was maxed as well. My sim is outgoing, so he always goes out and performs. Now he just uses charming introduction, then he makes friend straightaway.

1.jpg
    @Karritz He has been making tip from playing guitar all around town. Surely his friends are always enjoying his guitar playing. Being rock star helps the singer career because he made a lot of friends from playing the guitar. When he started singer career, he went out to town to perform for tip, most of his friend sims gathered around him and enjoyed his songs. Also he practiced singing skill a lot. When he was about to start singer career, his singing skill was maxed as well. My sim is outgoing, so he always goes out and performs. Now he just uses charming introduction, then he makes friend straightaway.

1.jpg

I really don't know how much all of this helps. All I do know for sure is the guitar and the rock star career are in no way related to the singer career. The guitar came with the base game. The singer career came with Showtime. I have never looked into how much the celebrity system helps the singer career, but I strongly suspect not at all as the celebrity system came with Late Night.
    edited October 2020
    @Karritz Ahh Ok then may I ask a question? :) Will it be a big help if my sim performs for tip in town everyday? Is that maybe what you mean?
    Post edited by Jeansoo on
    @Karritz Ahh Ok then may I ask a question? :) Will it be a big help if my sim performs for tip in town everyday? Is that maybe what you mean?

I had my one and only Sim Fest experience a few weeks ago. It was with a new sim and he had performed for tips on a few occasions over probably less than a sim week. I really didn't take much notice of what happened at the time though. I have had this game since June 2009 and have always ignored Sim Fests except for this one occasion so I am not an expert on them.

I have often seen the empty stage with a bunch of sims in the audience obviously enjoying the non existent show. I've never bothered to research why or how to fix it though.

I hope you will have success getting your sim to take part in the sim fest. I'd just try having them perform for tips a few times and see what happens.
    edited October 2020
    @Karritz Ahh Thank you. My sim moved into Isla Paradiso, and he has been very busy with sing a gram requests. I haven't seen any simfest event happened yet. Just in case, I took out oeverwatch and register mod before moving to Isla, and see it's the same or not without them, because I thought these 2 mods manage NPC sims. After testing it, I'm going to re install the mods. I think I misunderstood your point a bit. Sorry about this.:)
    edited October 2020
    A weird thing happened. So far, it has been about 2 weeks since my sim family moved into Isla Paradiso. No simfest event..at all? I placed performance park, flying coffee house, Port a ..something private venue..etc.. I wanted to see the invisible simfest is still going on without Overwatch and Register mod but I'm getting tired with this. It's uncomfortable to activate testingcheats thing every single time I start the game without overwatch. I'm going to reinstall these 2.
    By the way, I found one thing about the pets. The pet was activated in the game option when I installed Pets. I thought this option wouldn't be any matter if I set the pet limitation on register mod but I was wrong. The sims adopted pets every household in Monte Vista. I checked the overwatch option and neighborhood pet adoption was off. And then..I inactivated pets in the game option, so far no pets I've seen in Isla paradiso.
    edited October 2020
    I started a new game in Bridgeport with a new female fairy. She was about to find her real Mr.Right in Bridgeport. I saw a flying coffee house and Mick's Karaoke lot in Bridgeport and thought it will be fun to watch the concert if I place my Danny singer into Bridgeport. And ...see what happened..? My fairy sim found him in the street, she popped up her wish,'Kiss Danny Louis for the first time'..? I think she fell in love with him in one go. Anyway, he became her boyfriend now. A few days later, I got a notice 'Simfest at the performance park'. I went there and found Danny was there. He was going up to the stage and was about to perform himself. This was the new discovery to me.

Untitled-21.jpg

His stage name is Danny Cool.

https://youtu.be/Fa6ENXxxwzs

He is not in my control. He performed and even won the prize himself. How come it's possible in inactive status? Even it was not available to join the simfest while I was playing him in Monte Vista.

Untitled-23.jpg
    And then, there was another invisible show after him.

Untitled-27.jpg

then the proprietor introduced another performer.

Untitled-28.jpg

She was an acrobat but her outfit looks like a pianist in Prosperous Room Lounge. Is that because she is having 2 jobs?

Untitled-48.jpg
    And 2 days later, he participated another simfest himself at Mick's Karaoke lot.
    A female singer sim is singing in this screenshot.

Untitled-50.jpg
    He won a prize again. Have no clue what makes the sim win at the simfest. Anyway, he won 2 prize in total.

Untitled-52.jpg

I have a question here. Is there any award ceremony in the simfest? He just gets on the stage with the proprietors and that's all. I've never seen he is taking any trophy from the proprietors at the performance park and Mick's Karaoke lot.

As a result, the simfest works in Bridgeport, No simfest in Isla Paradiso, Invisible shows only in Monte Vista. I have no clue why happens like this. still very confusing but I can see it turns out to invisible show if there was NO performers on the stage. I feel great that I placed him in Bridgeport. LOL I'm having fun with his free will performances.

Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You never get to see the proprietor give the trophy to the winner. But they will have it in their personal inventory afterward.
    edited October 2020
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    You never get to see the proprietor give the trophy to the winner. But they will have it in their personal inventory afterward.

Well..I wish I could see that but.. Thanks for the info. I'm waiting when he asks his girlfriend to move in with him. :smiley: Danny wants to know Ivy wants to join in his house...

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Update: I had a empty simfest happen in Moonlight Falls now today. Looks like I need to make some townie performers and some houses for them.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    Update: I had a empty simfest happen in Moonlight Falls now today. Looks like I need to make some townie performers and some houses for them.

Yeah I noticed sims enjoy empty stage if there are not enough performers in town. :)