Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use CC (No Mods, but CC)?

As the title says...

I don't use any CC. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Do you use CC (No Mods, but CC)? 146 votes

Yes
58%
Akl500PFrn0731EvvieSimmerwinkeljohn78Sara1010Pjasasimssunhair2008SimmervilleBlkBarbiegalAlexaiAyradyssTheSpotted_CmcruddIsb917keekee53Lavasm77BloosmooSageRainWillowfreindlylolmcorral 86 votes
No
41%
Princess_CarlyihavesorelegsnowIcewolfErja888storyyCamkatMi9shaoscarelanorbretonirishdragon7Beardedgeeksimgirl1010cchant86Simberella777stilljustme2MindofyLizzychicagoLustianiciaAquariusMomspice3Cary1213 60 votes

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Yes
    I do. I basically download CC every day. I love using it and having something new to dress my sims in.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Isn't Custom Content a mod?
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Only have 2 cc packages in my Mods folder. Both made by me. One default baby outfits and one default where I made the crib matrasses whiter. And thats it. Not anything else ;)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Yes
    For CAS, I use a skin overlay and body hair. Build/buy: 1 set of DIY showers from MTS and some paintings I made.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    No
    I generally don't use cc, but I do use a handful of mods (maybe a little more by now).
    The only time I use cc is when I work on my story (which I rarely do). I needed white hair for a character and the light grey we have in game isn't white enough. So I do use a few hair recolours then.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    No
    My game is completely vanilla and always will be.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I use both but I only use custom content for CAS. I definitely could happily live without the extra clothes and hair that I have in my game but I could never live without custom eyelashes because I really don't like the weird solid default eyelashes that the game has.

As for mods I definitely couldn't play without those. I have mods to remove situation outfits, fix the horrible emotion system, improve personalities and to stop the endless spawning of random townies. I also have a ton of small mods that are just for the purpose of fixing the bugs that EA never fix. I could never enjoy the Sims 4 without these mods, it has way to many horrible design choices.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Yes
    I cannot imagine my game without it. I use hairs, clothes, makeups, furnishings, eye and skin default replacements as well as terrain default replacement. I played vanilla for years but much prefer mods.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    No
    I do use mods, but holding off on content CC (CAS and B/B) until I know the game is done and will no longer be updated.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Yes
    A few recolours of some dresses in CAS
    And maybe a little too much B/B, but not enough clutter and plants 😅
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    No
    Nope, I can get everything I need without it
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm thinking of going back to a vanilla game play since script mods no longer work.
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    Yes
    No Justine Keaton answer?
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    No
    No (and no mods either). For me the game is great as it is so I don't need any CC. (I have many expansion packs, game packs and stuff packs, which bring nice amount of things for CAS and build/buy, so I'm happy playing without any CC) :)
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    No
    Isn't Custom Content a mod?

Technically, yes, but the community uses the terms to differentiate between gameplay modifications and custom CAS/BB items. Some mods, such as new recipes, include CC.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes
    Yes. I consider certain CC to be essential, such as:

- better skins with anatomical details
    - more hairstyles (Maxis-match)
    - body hair, more skin details, more tattoos
    - eyelashes
    - more shoes
    - more clothing variety for men (Maxis-match)
    - nose and facial overlays
    - more/better carpet and flooring
    - more/better window coverings
    - a wide variety of furniture recolours
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Yes
    I don't see myself playing without CCs anymore. I am always on a lookout for more.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    No
    I use mods and very little cc for CAS and only maxis match for build mode. The only cc for CAS I have are turban knots for toddlers.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes
    If there was a "sometimes" option, I'd have chosen that. I have cc (mostly historical clothes, hair, and fancy makeup), but keep it turned off while I'm building so that I can upload to the gallery. I spend most of my Sims 4 time building. Every time there's an update, cc is automatically turned off, and since I'm building, I forget I even have it until the next time I want to play with actual Sims.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes
    I use mods and cc. Occasionally I make my own clothing or painting/art recolors just for use in my own games. If there's something I really want that doesn't exist out there, I attempt to make it myself.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I used to use a lot of CC. But Sims 4 is the first iteration where I don't really feel like I need it anymore. I used to keep a separate vanilla game that I would switch in for every GP and EP release, so I could play the new content clean and see what actual game bugs existed without wondering if it was any mod/cc interference. Then when I was comfortable with the pack I would swap my CC filled Sims 4 folder back in.

But about two years ago I started playing my vanilla game more and more while I sorted through the plethora of extra CC I had so I could reduce the extra load on my game...and I just haven't put it back in. I don't even know what was going on in that game anymore, lol. I did switch over a lot of my CC Sims and I had some fun challenging myself by doing vanilla versions of them so I could still play them. Sometimes I do miss some of my content (especially Occult and fantastical stuff) but it's hard to keep up with the patches so I'm just holding it all aside for that day when I'm feeling reckless. :D

What I really need is more CAS cheats for unlocking pack assets, like Get Famous and Get To Work. There's a lot of weird styles in those packs that would be extremely useful to me.
    #Team Occult
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    No
    My game is 100% vanilla. I do like the different CC and mods out there but I just can't be bothered to take them out every patch. I usually wait until the current iteration is no longer in development before I venture into CC. This also gives me a new outlook on the game and keeps it interesting long after the Sims team has moved on.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other I use both. When I upload lots I turn it off because I know the horrors of Sims 3 Exchange and CC and store content conflicts.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Yes
    I use mostly tattoos, piercings, male clothes, a few hairs, teeth to make non human sims and my favorite: kilts-which every sim seems to wear on any given festival night in San Myshuno
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    In Sims 4, I have very little need for mods OR custom content. Mostly because the hairstyles, clothes, and objects are all actually decent. However, in Sims 2 and 3 (especially 3), custom content was often a must have! Especially in CAS for hairstyles!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg