October 16 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Friday Highlights Banner

2...Next

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 66,331 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I do hope that today’s forum maintenance will resolve the banner issue.

Seems like they just changed the date and link. 😂

Yeah I know...I was expecting miracles. We got none. :D

They seem to be just ignoring us. :D
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    GJ8O0oa.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,078 Member

Yeah, this is getting a bit annoying yet they don't seem to be doing anything about it :sweat_smile:
    Gt1jkkj.gif

Yeah, this is getting a bit annoying yet they don't seem to be doing anything about it :sweat_smile:

Belllaaaa, join the party. XD
    GJ8O0oa.gif
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 239 Member
    Thanks for posting this as I'm glad to know it's not just me who was wondering what happened to the "x" or finds that banner annoying.

I don't mind seeing an announcement once, but to see it every time I log in, again, tends to get distracting to the eyes in ways that annoy me and I wish there was some way as previously to be able to click an "x" or something to make it go away after seeing it if I so choose to. Otherwise, it kind of reminds me of a banner ad on a site or in some apps.
    nolurk wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this as I'm glad to know it's not just me who was wondering what happened to the "x" or finds that banner annoying.

I don't mind seeing an announcement once, but to see it every time I log in, again, tends to get distracting to the eyes in ways that annoy me and I wish there was some way as previously to be able to click an "x" or something to make it go away after seeing it if I so choose to. Otherwise, it kind of reminds me of a banner ad on a site or in some apps.

If they're gonna do this for every Friday Highlights and not take them down until the following of each Friday, it seems like the banner is just gonna be up there permanently. 💀
    GJ8O0oa.gif
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,038 Member
    I came looking for this section to comment about this. I'm also finding it very annoying not to be able to click the 'x' to make the banner disappear. I keep thinking there is a new announcement when I sign on to the forum. Please give us back the option of hiding the banner once we have read the announcement. I really really dislike the 'perma banner.'
    The Sequel: Part 10