Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About The New Skin Tone Rework from Yesterday's Update!

GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
I am so happy that the team released some content for the Hispanic Heritage Month but come on the Skin Tones are still awful after the latest update and its getting tiring now. I really hope they fix them soon and make it so people can truly represent themselves in a game thats all about life.

Comments

• Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I really expected a bigger overhaul when they said they were going to address the current ones this coming patch. There’s hardly a difference
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    yeah i expected something else as well, the difference is on a pixel level it's ridiculous. i'm telling you, if the focus on ts4 wasn't so much about representation there wouldn't have been so much complaining, after all the game was meant to be a fun god simulator, not an hyper realistic second life kind of thing. the best way to have done it is doing it WELL from the start and focus on the rest of the game, but they did it all wrong and still focused the marketing on this. and let's not forget the skintones update is due to the manifestations in usa, otherwise they wouldn't have even bother. the december patch has to be better or else they gotta be ready for the backlash.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I find it odd that they are so specific in their blog post. They are improving the blotchy artifacts and ashy appearance of darker skin tones on mid and high spec machines. And when people update and open their game they can barely see a difference. I was only able to see differences by taking high resolution pictures before and after the update on my other computers. It's nice that they are somewhat improved but... the changes are barely visible, and the texture error on the nose bridge is still there.

This update was also kind of a message to all fans that Maxis are listening and they will improve, so barely being able to see what they improved does not feel great. It has certainly made me more skeptical about the december update.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @logion I agree, except I don't see a difference with my skin tones at all.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The fact that we have to pixel-hunt in Photoshop to decipher the differences is a pretty sad indictment of the work that was put in.