Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you share your sims with the world?

GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
What the title says- do you have a blog, youtube channel, etc where you post about your sims?
My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.

Do you share your sims with the world? 169 votes

Yes, I do
16%
HoneydewhaneulMagdaleenacchant86ldmarkoLizzychicagophantasmkissMissmagoo2catitude5EnkiSchmidtsunblondMDianaSimsColton147147BreazonaSassiethenightcourtBusufuGeniusSimmerGirlWallSims4everPatrice 28 votes
Yes, I used to but not anymore
7%
GalacticGalIsb917freindlylolteamjenorangehippogriffWinifred_Willowcatmando830sillyangel0906chidoriaidasimesmerizedHopeyStarrChris_McSims 12 votes
No, and I don't want to
40%
Frn0731cauatoMartinvSikoahGraceColorist40PlayerSinger2010suetoopmcruddSimburianDOLLDRMS1MeteoraStormelanorbretonsimgirl1010Paigeisin5loubyloulousekojranaKatiardguezMeela_PashttaydevAlwe1507 69 votes
No, but I'd like to in the future
11%
Goth583CamkatshokoroseYautjagirlAquariusMomhunniboo1davina1221PenguinFoopMasonGamerNiaraTiaraLiELFmusteniLouise_G0325permanentroseInuMiroLoverGlacierSnowintothehorizoneHyalophoraafternoonbaboonMomobread 20 votes
Other (Explain in comments)
23%
crocobaurabshag4lvsunhair2008BlkBarbiegalTheSpotted_CCorkysPetalsBloosmooJestTrualanmichael1duhboy2u2PlumbobCrossingtroshalomBabykittyjadeFinvolablueyblueskyChampandGirlieSweetieWright_84APottsCAPTAIN_NXR7BlueSargent300 40 votes

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes, I do
    Yup, I have a simblr. I share gameplay images and builds mostly. I never seem to have time for proper stories unfortunately.
    Although I have been completely unmotivated in terms of ts4 recently (because the game is still too full of bugs) so I resorted to posting on my Sims Medieval sideblog.

Edit: I used to share quite a lot on these forums back in 2015. But when image hosting became too difficult, I moved on to a blog site that doesn't need external image hosting.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I tried to create a simblr a while ago but it's too much work and I'd rather just play. I might post here and there on my own Tumblr but not very much.
  • ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    That's a maybe I might like to, in the future. So far, I'm not terribly impressed with my own creations, and I don't see why anyone else would be.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I'm not against it, but I don't think the nature of my play would appeal to others. My game is never serious, it's always about creating funny scenarios. There are some Youtubers that do that, but it's always focused around how they can kill their Sims--I'm not into that at all.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    No, and I don't want to
    It is time consuming and I see no point in sharing my story with strangers.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,125 Member
    I've thought about creating a YouTube channel but I haven't for a few reasons:
    1. I don't want to start something, I may not enjoy doing. I don't think I would enjoy the editing, etc.
    2. I don't think anyone would find my gameplay interesting to watch. I play mostly families and sometimes there isn't any drama.
    3. I worry that by having a channel the game would become something I only play to post content, and no longer be a fun hobby for me.
    4. I don't really like social media, with the exception of these forums and the Gallery. I don't comment on YouTube videos or anything else.

I have shared builds, little snippets about different households, and a custom save file with the community. I think that's as far as I really ever want to take it. Those things I enjoy doing. I may change my mind one day but for now, I'm happy with what I do share.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    No, and I don't want to
    Nope, I do share some sims on the gallery though, but that's about it ;)
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Yes, I do
    Yes. I have a blog where I share one specific TS4 story and I have a tumblr where I share other posts from TS2, 3 and 4. Sharing with the community is one of the things that makes The Sims fun for me.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    The forum is the only platform on which I share a screenshot of a sim or a build once in a while.
    I have no interest in taking those anywhere beyond. There are too many other things I need and want to spend my time on.

I might share a sim on the gallery if someone asks for it, but even that is a rare occasion. I use too much CC and it’s very time consuming to compile a list. Builds are different. I have no problem sharing some of those since I usually only use whatever comes with the game.

Other than that...you won’t see me near YouTube anytime soon. I couldn’t handle the fame. B)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I prefer to play the game without having to focus on taking pictures and making sure my sims are pretty enough, or that the stories are interesting enough to attract an audience.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have a blog, but I don't use it anymore, it's just there so I can like what others have shared. I posted just a couple chapters of one story and stopped. It was too much, too time consuming and too stressful for me. The perils of a perfectionist with an old laptop. I have a good gaming desktop now, but haven't dipped my toe back in that ocean again. I probably never will. *shrugs*

However, I have shared some of my Sims on the Gallery with a few getting curated, total shock, but very much appreciated. I didn't post them to be curated, but anyway. These days I just enjoy playing my game, occasionally sharing what I'm doing here on the forum, entering a few contests with my Sims/builds and supporting stories of others that I love to read. I still upload my Sims now and then, but they're mostly just for contests or if someone has asked for them. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    No, and I don't want to
    My sims are heavily reliant on CC and therefore I can't share them. Neither do I want to.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I guess it depends on how one defines "sharing". I do share screenshots of my sims' lives on Twitter and this forum every now and then, and I'm making a machinima series with regular uploads to YouTube. You can't actually download any of my sims, builds or cc, though.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited October 2020
    I would like to but my sims don't have much of a backstory so there is not really much to write about them. I like making them though, and posting pictures of them here on the forums, I also upload sims4 pictures on steam, it's still the origin version, I'm using a third party application called SteaScree.

I would share them on the gallery more often but I would prefer uploading them with as few pack requirements as possible and unfortunately the game often thinks that they are using more packs than what they actually are using so I have to disable those packs so I can upload my sim without getting those packs tagged and that is a bit time consuming.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I got confused by the title. Yes, I put my sims in the gallery. No, I don't use social media to promote my game playing habits.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I don't know how to.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes, I do
    I share my Sims in the gallery. I also share screenshots from my gameplay and Sims here. I love the threads with screenshots and short stories about what happened on other players games. Those threads are my favorites. They're so positive and fun.
    I don't have any social media, though. Even if I had I wouldn't share my Sims in there.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Yes, I do
    I'm not against it, but I don't think the nature of my play would appeal to others. My game is never serious, it's always about creating funny scenarios. There are some Youtubers that do that, but it's always focused around how they can kill their Sims--I'm not into that at all.
    I would love to see your game on YouTube. I love your Sims and funny screenshots that you post here. :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No, and I don't want to
    No, I don't really care for other peoples sims stories (sorry) and I doubt other people would care about what my sim's doing tbh. I never post my sims on the gallery anymore either as I use CC so nobody would see them anyways. I'll occasionally post some stuff on the share your screenshots thread but thats kinda it
  • LeilathaLeilatha Posts: 24 Member
    I only share my Sims sometimes. I shared the first real and pretty Sim that had some story, I shared when I downloaded cc for the first time etc.
    I share if I'm excited about the look/idea for the story and gameplay with that Sim. Sometimes I also upload it into the gallery.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    No, but I'd like to in the future
    I do share on the gallery. I'm starting to share a bit more on Twitter. I'd like to start a blog, but... I also worry that I'll end up playing to post and I'm not sure I want to open that can of worms yet, if ever. I was thinking about YouTube too but I feel that really would be more work than fun and I really do enjoy all of the sims games and I'd like to not ruin that.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I throw them on the gallery now (at least my favourites just to keep them for myself if my game crashes or borks out I've lost too many. Same with my builds, if people want to download them, fine, if they don't, that's fine too. If anyone else played them I figure it works like alternate realities :) I do download other peoples stranger looking sims when I get bored of seeing the same genetic material floating around, so I appreciate when someone puts their cartoony looking creations up there. Thanks to all who do :)
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    Yes, I do
    I post them on Reddit every once and a while!
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No, and I don't want to
    I don't create or read sims stories. I've only read a very few I thought were interesting enough to follow, like a homeless toddler story a couple years ago. I don't have the energy or focus to create stories and then post them somewhere. I've done TS fan site stuff for years, but only CC and builds. And only TS1 for now, not put any TS4 stuff yet. I'm concidering it.

I do have a collection of made-over random townies, and some of my own CAS sims, on the gallery. I like to "fix" the randoms, instead of just deleting them. More will be generated anyway, and I never know...I've found some gems under all the ugly.