Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Inn's And Outs Of A Hotel Pack

I want a hotel pack, thus the title. But I do not want to build huge, towering hotels nor do I want to create resorts as we had in S3. We have Spa Day and Fitness Stuff and even Bowling Night, if we want, to create any type of resort we might imagine. No, what I'm looking for is a smaller, more intimate hotel pack. A pack where my sim(s) could own, work and live in the hotel. What I want is to be able to build an Inn. A smaller place similar to the Rosebudd (Schitt$ Creek) and Farty Owls (Faulty Towers). Owner operated Inns, usually located in an idyllic location. A seaside Inn in Brindleton Bay or a forest retreat in Glimmerbrook or a tourist spot in Del Sol Valley. Hotel Transylvania located in spooky Forgotten Hollow. Maybe, soon, a snow covered Alpine Inn on a mountain top.

As I said previously, I want my sims to own, live and, if possible, work there, but I would settle for the first two leaving the mechanics to supply the hotel workers if that gets the pack made sooner (shades of Dine Out). Speaking of Dine Out, I want those objects to be playable if installed on my hotel lot so guest sims could dine in the hotel. If that is far to difficult (although after Journey To Batuu there should be no excuses anymore, it CAN be done) then a new, longer banquet table with more food variety and dessert and drinks should be added (not that sad, little round banquet table that came in another pack). Maybe one of those fancy banquet tables with the NPC meat carver at the end to slice off a nice sliver of Roast Beef and the bar should have barmen show up in shifts to work. Other objects like the spa massage table could be on an as needed basis where you click to hire a worker to come and massage your sim as if they had made an appointment.

As far as the hotel playable objects (note previously mentioned banquet table), I see two more that are a must.
1) The hotel desk where sims check in and out and where you sim can call for a meal in their room to be served (similar to S2).
2) There should also be a room door for you to choose as the room or suite your sim and family wish to stay in.

This is my wish list for a Hotel Pack. What's on your wish list?

Comments

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I just finished building a motel a couple of days ago for my game and I found myself wishing for more with it. (I used Brindleton Bay for the setting because I had been thinking about Schitt$ Creek too! :D ) I really like your room door and check in desk idea. I used the "bar" lot type, but really, it would be nice if there could be a functional restaurant AND bar area, along with renting a room to stay. I also would love for a sim to own it, live there and sims would come and stay or just even use the restaurant or bar and leave.

I guess right now with room mate system, I could make it residential and have room mates live there and that might give me more of a motel feeling? But it would be nice if I rotate to a different household that my sims can still go there and visit for a lunch or spend the night on the sly. ;)

I'd really appreciate a new lot type that would allow for "resort" style of play and ownership. Might be fun to not have the owner living right in there too. I'd like a new aspiration and maybe could work like a playable career with daily goals like "socialize with 5 guests".
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    My wish list is that they put in some A.I. for the sims so your coworkers actually do things on your hotels and are not just set dressing and are walking around and do nothing. It's not fun to run a hotel if your sim have to do all the work.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @Camkat and @logion I agree with both of you. I built the Rosebudd Hotel and placed it and a few other of the local buildings like the restaurant, garage and church/community center and placed them in Strangerville. It just seems like a natural fit. Then I created the people and moved them in. I really want a working Rosebudd and I want my Faulty Towers to be a real Inn.
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I want a hotel pack, thus the title. But I do not want to build huge, towering hotels nor do I want to create resorts as we had in S3. We have Spa Day and Fitness Stuff and even Bowling Night, if we want, to create any type of resort we might imagine. No, what I'm looking for is a smaller, more intimate hotel pack. A pack where my sim(s) could own, work and live in the hotel. What I want is to be able to build an Inn. A smaller place similar to the Rosebudd (Schitt$ Creek) and Farty Owls (Faulty Towers). Owner operated Inns, usually located in an idyllic location. A seaside Inn in Brindleton Bay or a forest retreat in Glimmerbrook or a tourist spot in Del Sol Valley. Hotel Transylvania located in spooky Forgotten Hollow. Maybe, soon, a snow covered Alpine Inn on a mountain top.

As I said previously, I want my sims to own, live and, if possible, work there, but I would settle for the first two leaving the mechanics to supply the hotel workers if that gets the pack made sooner (shades of Dine Out). Speaking of Dine Out, I want those objects to be playable if installed on my hotel lot so guest sims could dine in the hotel. If that is far to difficult (although after Journey To Batuu there should be no excuses anymore, it CAN be done) then a new, longer banquet table with more food variety and dessert and drinks should be added (not that sad, little round banquet table that came in another pack). Maybe one of those fancy banquet tables with the NPC meat carver at the end to slice off a nice sliver of Roast Beef and the bar should have barmen show up in shifts to work. Other objects like the spa massage table could be on an as needed basis where you click to hire a worker to come and massage your sim as if they had made an appointment.

As far as the hotel playable objects (note previously mentioned banquet table), I see two more that are a must.
    1) The hotel desk where sims check in and out and where you sim can call for a meal in their room to be served (similar to S2).
    2) There should also be a room door for you to choose as the room or suite your sim and family wish to stay in.

This is my wish list for a Hotel Pack. What's on your wish list?

Yes!!! All of this!

I just finished building a Tudor-style inn in Windenburg for a challenge. While it looks fine, I realised it is quite difficult to get it to function like a real hotel. The closest I could get to it was to play the inn as a bar. But that only works for the "public" areas of the inn so...

I would want a hotel pack that allows you to create any sort of hotel that you want, from cosy inns to luxurious resorts. Aside from the front desk, room door and banquet table which you mentioned, I would also like to see the following hotel-y items:

- Bellhop cart
    - (For room) Bed that looks like one of those beds that hotels add to hotel rooms upon request
    - (For room) Built-in mini bar area
    - (For room) Telephone to call the hotel's front desk

@tatselk Excellent suggestions.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm all for a Hotel Pack.
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I would love this pack. Hotels are something I really miss from previous games. I would also really love an extra feature to rent any free lot in any world allowing every world to be used for vacation. It would be very fun to book a vacation and then spend three days renting a house on Sulani or Windenburg.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have a hotel in a "restaurant" in Sulani. The restaurant is on the main floor. That's common so I think they need to add that functionality.

Yes, of course, I'd like a hotel pack and a bigger vacation theme.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    There are so many possible ways to use a Hotel/B&B pack (if they do it properly) that could add a lot of fun game play to this boring game. You could add a multi-tiered high end hotel to the penthouse of a skyscraper in San Myshuno. You could build a lovely seaside Inn on the beach in Brindleton Bay. You could create a "camp" with a few cabins to rent in Granite Falls. Or, you could erect a monstrous Hotel Transylvania in Forgotten Hollow.

They should definitely add the ability to own and live in the hotel your sim runs. These should be more like a Bed and Breakfast rather than a hotel version of Dine Out where your sim can own it but not work there.

If restaurants could be added to the hotels, then I would be okay with the same employee set-up as we have for DO, but if they add bigger and better banquet tables (I'm picturing a meat carver station on one table) instead of the ability to add a restaurant, then they had better improve the banquet tables with one for appetizers, one for entrees, one for desert and a bar for drinks. If they use banquet tables, a household member that "works" at the hotel could buss the tables if you tell them to.

I think the two objects that we must have are a door (including a set of double doors of each style) to choose the room/suite with (which we have in Uni already and could be altered for this pack) and a front desk to check in/out from and order a meal in the room. Unless I have missed something, everything else we already have and could be added to a hotel, depending on how fancy you want to make it. A spa, a gym, a bowling alley, a pool (which needs a lot of upgrades) with a swim-up bar and other packs that could be used in a hotel pack.
    I've been busy creating a pre-build for Snowy Escape that will be a mountain lodge that will include a few hotel rooms. Now is the time for a well done hotel pack. If SE plays as well as it looks, it will be one of the best and a personal favorite, pack for this version. This gives me confidence that the devs can create a fantastic hotel pack that will include all of our wants and needs.