Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars Batuu Showed Open Neighbourhoods Could Work

Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
If there is one problem I have with Sims 4 there is plenty of set dressing but nothing to do unless you go to a loading screen. Journey to Batuu had buildings you could enter and interact with because they were debug shells. If you want to keep adding shells to this game at least make some of them interactive. Has anyone ever notice that when you look through a house on your neighborhood you can see the objects inside? Why load the objects if you can't interact with them? It just feels like the technology is there but they don't use it.
Post edited by Nekia33painter on

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Open neighborhoods could definitely be made. A modder is about to drop an entire open world.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Open neighborhoods could definitely be made. A modder is about to drop an entire open world.

At this point they might as well make a blank slate and tell the modders "Hey! Do what you want." But then what are the people who can't use mods suppose to do?
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Even though I don't use mods or custom content they have kept the Sims alive. So thanks to mod and custom content makers.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Shells do not make an open world. You should be able to enter buildings and interact with the objects inside them. In Magnolia Promenade there is a little Chinese takeaway shop in one of the shell buildings, I think they could have made that into an interactable object. Same with San Myshuno, they could have added some shell shops in some of those back alley streets you can visit, because cities need lots of shops, businesses, and cafes. I don't want a world that is full of shells because they take up as much space as an open lot would, and in the end they are just shells with limited playability. But, I agree, if they add shells on the edge of the neighbourhood, they should definitely add some interactive elements to them.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited October 2020
    At this point they might as well make a blank slate and tell the modders "Hey! Do what you want." But then what are the people who can't use mods suppose to do?

Isn't that pretty much what's going on already? Most of the best features of TS4 were added by modders, not the developers. It seems as if the developers are always playing catch up to things that were already made in some part by someone in the community, including hairstyles. It's the darndest thing. It's as if they're waiting to see what the mod creators can do and they're riffing on the best of it.

The only thing that the developers haven't bothered to touch yet is a better personality system. If they're not already working on it, they're risking a serious uprising in the future and I believe that they know it.

For those who are unable to use mods, my sincere condolences.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Batuu isn't open neighborhoods. It's our usual closed neighborhoods, each with one lot.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited October 2020
    They should have added interactive shells a long time ago, you rarely have a reason to leave the interactive lot unless you want to go find a spot to go fishing, dig for minerals or visit a food stand.

I don't know if they decided not to because the zones are pretty small, at least some of them are. Some of them are huge and I don't see why they could have added food stores for example in some of the zones. It would be nice to be able to buy food ingredients for some food without having to grow them ourselves or visit a stand in San Myshuno.