Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open World Mod. Possible?

13...Next

Comments

• Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Arnie also said "Every world/neighborhood can now become semi-open if you add my interactive buildings around ;) "
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    This is only possible for me when you click on visit Landgraab residence and after that a loading screen comes. If you don't knock on the door, you can get your sim into the backyard or into the house, without seeing the downstairs. But you can't actually visit neighbors homes without a loading screen.

I had Sims in every district in all the worlds, so I got in by going to the far edges of homes. I am 99% certain I didn't have to go through a loading screen since my Sim was already in the district. Some homes allows a Sim to walk right up to the front door before a loading screen, somehow I found a loop hole somewhere.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Wow, that doesn't work for me. :/ Going to the far edges of homes, I only get the option to Visit Residence.
  • LihtarukLihtaruk Posts: 271 Member
    I don't mind each lot loading separately, seems less glitches this way. I want new worlds like Salvadoria to travel more or caw to make own..
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    This mod has just made me want an official Create-a-World now. I just hope it would be more user friendly than the one TS3 had!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,659 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    This mod has just made me want an official Create-a-World now. I just hope it would be more user friendly than the one TS3 had!

I really want a CAW tool, too! I would not mind if it was limited, in fact it would help being able to add a copy of existing world with a new name and possibly with a few adjustments to make them slightly diverse. We could have 4-5 premade landscapes with land/water/roads preset, and with just a couple preset background themes. If we could choose the general texture of ground and rocks, and set the climate/length of day/seasons etc, great! Then placing a set number of lots where we want them, and finally add vegetation and community ground features. It would not need to be super complex. I loved creating TS3 worlds, it actually was a full game within the game, and very time consuming.

I'd be more interested in customizing the look of a new world than to have open worlds. Loading was never a problem to me despite switching lots often ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »

I really want a CAW tool, too! I would not mind if it was limited, in fact it would help being able to add a copy of existing world with a new name and possibly with a few adjustments to make them slightly diverse. We could have 4-5 premade landscapes with land/water/roads preset, and with just a couple preset background themes. If we could choose the general texture of ground and rocks, and set the climate/length of day/seasons etc, great! Then placing a set number of lots where we want them, and finally add vegetation and community ground features. It would not need to be super complex. I loved creating TS3 worlds, it actually was a full game within the game, and very time consuming.

I'd be more interested in customizing the look of a new world than to have open worlds. Loading was never a problem to me despite switching lots often ;)

Yeah I'm kinda over the open world thing in the Sims 4. I do think it's a shame but I think an Create-a-World tool would help ease some frustrations that I have still. I just want to expand San Myshuno really... it still doesn't feel like the massive metropolis it's meant to be probably because there's no variation and it's always the same 5 areas! I'd really like it if we got our own editable version of the maps - basically everything you said! I did think the devs releasing all the building shells in debug was a hint but I think that's just wishful thinking on my part, unfortunately.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    heyroberto wrote: »
    Well I think we have to wait and see.

Same feeling here but I keep Hope that will be fantastic and better than EA !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Lihtaruk wrote: »
    I don't mind each lot loading separately, seems less glitches this way. I want new worlds like Salvadoria to travel more or caw to make own..

less glitches? Are we playing the same game?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?