Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Open World Mod. Possible?

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2020

I am really impressed by this, I wonder how this is going to work with other mods. Like for example MC Command Center which can increase the amount of sims walking around.

One thing that I thought looked a bit bad though was that some of the buildings appeared to have outdoor lightning, I'm not sure if that's because the game treats them as outdoor areas.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I haven't watched it yet. Is the mall a rabbithole?

Yes, it's a rabbit hole. :neutral:
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think it's unfair to be upset about something like the mall being a rabbithole. Really? Look at what he managed to achieve otherwise! He's even going to come out with updates and you can create your own open worlds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited October 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I think it's unfair to be upset about something like the mall being a rabbithole. Really? Look at what he managed to achieve otherwise! He's even going to come out with updates and you can create your own open worlds.

Nobody is upset tho....?

There was a comment that said it was a rabbithole with a '😐' behind it. I didn't mean upset as in hysterically crying, I meant it as somewhat annoyed or disappointed. It feels like a really minor thing to be complaining about considering what the creator managed to do. And you can build your own open mall anyway.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

Nobody is upset tho....?

There was a comment that said it was a rabbithole with a '😐' behind it. I didn't mean upset as in hysterically crying, I meant it as somewhat annoyed or disappointed. It feels like a really minor thing to be complaining about considering what the creator managed to do. And you can build your own open mall anyway.

That must have been me. I think it's a great mod and very ambitious and it must be great for those who enjoy this kind of open neighbourhoods, but it doesn't fit my playstyle. :)
    crocobaura wrote: »

Nobody is upset tho....?

That must have been me. I think it's a great mod and very ambitious and it must be great for those who enjoy this kind of open neighbourhoods, but it doesn't fit my playstyle. :)

Perfectly reasonable and understandable! I think he's doing great work and I'll probably try it but I don't think it's entirely my playstyle either. It seems like you can only play one family in Brookheights and I like to play rotationally.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    This almost makes me want to play the sims 4 again. Its everything I wanted San Myshuno to be and more this is amazing!
    edited October 2020
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I like that the cars and gas station is usable but probably only one sim can use cars.
    I like that the cars and gas station is usable but probably only one sim can use cars.

Why do you think that? It seemed to me like the entire household could use cars.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Why do you think that? It seemed to me like the entire household could use cars.

Okay, I cut out shortly after the initial car demo (the bad lighting in off-lot shells was just bugging me way too much) so did he have someone as a passenger in the car later? Because what I saw implied he was using boats as his code source for his cars, and boats are one sim at a time.
    edited October 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Okay, I cut out shortly after the initial car demo (the bad lighting in off-lot shells was just bugging me way too much) so did he have someone as a passenger in the car later? Because what I saw implied he was using boats as his code source for his cars, and boats are one sim at a time.

Oh, that's not what I meant! I interpreted it as only one sim at a time can use a car but the whole household can drive around in their separate cars. He hasn't shown anything regarding multiple people being in cars. So that's probably not happening (immediately).
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited October 2020
    Modder: *makes an open world neighborhood, a decent Create a World-like feature, new open careers, etc.*
    EA: *makes Star Wars content that pretty much no one wanted*

EA, you need to step your game up.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Modder: *makes an open world neighborhood, a decent Create a World-like feature, new open careers, etc.*
    EA: *makes Star Wars content that pretty much no one wanted*

EA, you need to step your game up.

There are elements of the Mod that wouldn't be possible without Journey to Batuu - such as the airport.

Just sayin'
    edited October 2020
    The only thing Journey to Batuu added to the airport was the take-off animation. That's it. 😂 I like the pack, but let's not give it too much credit.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    lol, I enjoyed his presentation. Maxis should hire him for TS4 trailers. It was pretty good. I would believe it. But I think just about everything he said in the video reminds me of TS3. There is such a place, it exists in TS3. It made me want to go play TS3. lol :D

As far as the question is open world possible, I think open districts have always been possible in TS4. One time I made one of my Sims visit the house next door and was able to 'break in' to the home and get upstairs and see and use the bathroom. Downstairs was a bit faded out like when you zoom in and the light fixtures disappear etc. But I was able to see (so I could click on an object) the upstairs bathroom, so my Sim somehow slid through a back door, and continued to go upstairs and use the neighbor's bathroom (I think the house was vacant). This was when TS4 was first released. I posted about it, so yeah, I think it has always been possible to see inside some homes in TS4 and sometimes get into them and actually interact with a few objects. I'm actually a bit surprised no one has even seen this except me six years ago.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    I was never able to enter a home or any lots without a loading screen, Cinebar. :/
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    I was never able to enter a home or any lots without a loading screen, Cinebar. :/

IIRC it was a house in the desert, had a sliding glass door and back patio. It's been six years, I did it a couple of times but it could have been the Landgraab house. Sorry, I can't remember which house it was but my Sim got into the backyard, and I was able to get her into the house. I couldn't see the downstairs (like when we used to try to zoom into TS2 homes we saw across the street you can see some objects) but saw the upstairs bathroom. As long as you can see an object clearly you can click on it and the Sim can get in and use it.

Also, when my Sims were out on the beat (detective career) in GTW, they would go into houses to use a bathroom autonomously or go in to talk to the Sims who lived there. Like a rabbit hole, so I think open districts is very possible in one form or another, eventually.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    This is only possible for me when you click on visit Landgraab residence and after that a loading screen comes. If you don't knock on the door, you can get your sim into the backyard or into the house, without seeing the downstairs. But you can't actually visit neighbors homes without a loading screen.
  • EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    This "open world" is more like the Batuu planet. Everything thats the main lot in that world is decoration or a rabbit hole. I'll only be pleased when I get something like we had in Sims 3.
  • EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    @WilliamVSims so, you think its more fun to see our sims disappearing on thin air than going inside a rabbit hole? meh
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think the creator of this mod does great work and I'm excited to see the result in a couple of weeks!
    edited October 2020