Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited October 2020
    im skeptical.

i think he's very good at editing stuff to make it seem like its more than it is for patreon $$$ (you gotta spend $5 to get beta testing status hmmmmmmm). i'll eat my words if it's an actual working open world mod but eh.

i'll believe it when i see it.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yeah i saw a demo, it was alright. Wasn’t perfect by any means.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    That looks like a massive achievement. Unless he is lying, there are no loading screens. If that is the case then he has created an open world; something that the EA devs haven't done. I am less sceptical about it because there could be legal implications for defrauding people out of their money by lying about your product. I believe it is what he says it is.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    It's not perfect by any means but definitely a start and a great attempt at trying to fix one of the Sims 4 greatest downfalls. The fact that it is only one open/buildable lot makes me feel like I can't really consider this as open world, per se. Like I said, A+ for effort.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Isn‘t October 8th patch day?
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I don't think it's fake or that he's editing anything. He's been sharing screenshots and videos for months now. I'm excited to see how it works.
  • Options
    heyrobertoheyroberto Posts: 47 Member
    Well I think we have to wait and see.
    5zUb897.jpg

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    The trailer makes it look so good, but I feel like with a mod so big and complex that it has the potential to wreak havoc on your game so I will sit this one out. Massive well done for everything achieved so far though.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Without a doubt I will try this mod once it's publicly released! I have been wanting at least an open neighborhood where my sim can just go where she wants without a loading screen.

I'm wondering tho if you can build/add your own houses to empty lots. And can you play rotationally, I thought I read on a tweet of his that this is basically like just one big lot. And if so, how would there be townies generated?

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Iirc there's only one 64x64 lot, and the rest is just part of the area around it. Basically what the devs did with the Magic Realm, but on a larger scale. IDK if they changed that, though.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2020
    I remember him tweeting that it's just a large lot. I think he's really good at promotion and drawing hype, but it's a lot built with all of those venues. You could do that yourself with what we have. What I am interested in though, is it does seem as if he's put it in a new world and I'm interested in that. I'm also curious as to the lot type he's used so all of the different areas function as they should without hiring NPC's.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm really excited to play around with this mod. I can't say it will become a part of my normal game play, but still a huge milestone in the modding community nonetheless so I MUST try it.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Iirc there's only one 64x64 lot, and the rest is just part of the area around it. Basically what the devs did with the Magic Realm, but on a larger scale. IDK if they changed that, though.

This. The rest are just like rabbitholes in the Batuu World with couple of outside activities thrown here and there
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Here goes an explanation from him on how the buildings work in his mod, if it helps!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    From what I've seen it isn't actually "open world" it's just magnolia promenade changed into one lot with some rabbit holes and fake buildings to make it feel more open. I'll just it when it's out
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The oceans are swimmable too.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    From what I've seen it isn't actually "open world" it's just magnolia promenade changed into one lot with some rabbit holes and fake buildings to make it feel more open. I'll just it when it's out

Magnolia P is too small. Not only is there a city but there is a world with a lot of empty lots.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The devs have said that it's not possible. The fact that it's one lot with stuff set up all around it and off lot and with shells and rabbit holes shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. The sims team have already done "open world" in TS4 with ROM and Batuu but they don't call it that, because that's not really what it is. He's just managed to make a neighbourhood that works like the Magic Realm and Batuu but a more "normal" setting and without the weird but again more "normal" tasks/activities. He's just using terms like "open world" for the hype and he's very good at marketing his work and creating hype.

It's still impressive. Anyone who makes anything for this game without being paid by Maxis/EA is impressive, programming and developing isn't an easy thing. Especially something on this grand of a scale. He's basically created a game pack by the looks of it with everything that's included with it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Arnie says there will be no loading screens :o
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    well the fact of him simply having reached the level of the mod, at least for the videos is already something surreal, he simply achieved the feat of doing what in theory a team with a fixed salary should have done initially, I don't understand exactly why there are people criticizing the fact that it’s not an open world because to me it’s what it looks like, just like the sims 3, with some notes without the loadings and others with rabbithole, I really intend to test this and regardless of whether it’s perfect or not, this guy already deserves a lot of credit for simply stepping out of comfort and doing as the modder community has been doing in this generation, carrying the game on their backs.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »

That neighboourhood looks interesting. But as usual with rabbit holes and open neighbourhoods, why go all the way across the neighbourhood to buy some toys that are already easily available by phone or computer. At least with the open lots you can customize your shops and merchandise.
  • Options
    I haven't watched it yet. Is the mall a rabbithole?