Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seeking tips for Introducing extra Sims.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
Let me start by explaining:
-I suffer from chronic restartitis
-I’m a terrible micromanager/perfectionist

Right now I am super enjoying my latest household. Bailey Fraser is a conservationist and archeologist who had occasion to rescue (and fall in love with) and alien by the name of Darin Orion. They have just moved from Sulani to Evergreen Harbour, where Bailey is pursuing the more political/activist branch of conservation while Darin works his way up at the local laboratory. They are exclusive in their relationship, but not married or engaged. Indeed, the story I tell myself is that Darin ran away from Sixam to escape an arranged marriage (or the alien equivalent).

This is where the extra characters come in. I want to introduce the alien that is Darin’s childhood acquaintance/friend and to whom he was supposed to be betrothed. Lauren is a cute little alien from one of my many projects and I kind of want her to have a household of her own in this game. I don’t know what drama I can cause in gameplay, but the plan would be to ultimately keep Bailey and Darin together and have Lauren make her own life with someone else. I even think another of my favourite human Sims would be a good match...

So:
-do I attempt to play rotationally and introduce Lauren into her own lot? Maybe the shipping container in Port Promise or the Caldera Camp in Sulani and actively play her for a bit? OR do I put her in as a homeless household and wait for Darin to run into her?
-and how do I manage them longer term? Squeeze everyone onto a duplex lot so I can play them all at once (which is hard) or navigate some sort of rotation (which presents its own problems to my perfectionist self)??

Your advice is appreciated.

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I sorted out some of my perfectionist issues by taking all four of the oldest Cantrell kids through Uni at the same time (in the same dorm). Then, since they were already 'on their own', I had them move into the castle of Brianna's fiancé. When I got that couple married and their first born (twin boys) birthed, I decided to have my Rock Star and his older and next younger brother move into his new house, so that I could continue 'helping' Dr. Joe work his way through med school (via Private Practice by Simrealism). That save ended up getting corrupted, so I have since started anew. Again. (I can't even recall how many times I've played this family. Mostly, because the only consistent thing is Erik becomes a Global Superstar and Brianna marries Spock. What I may end up doing this go-around is let Aaron (the eldest who becomes a judge) move into his own place after he marries and just have Dr. Joe (affectionately called Joey by his family) move in with Erik and his new wife. All of this after Uni, of course.

You can attempt to play rotationally, which really isn't so hard a thing. Just set it up in Options that only the active household ages. I would also suggest you set the number of days you'll play per household and then discipline yourself to switch on the designated day and time. Decide which household is first.

Best of luck! Hope this helps.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/