Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cinna's Quirky Corner

Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
edited December 2020 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi all,

I thought I'd start to showcase some of my builds. Be warned, it will be a slow process as I'm a single mum and do have quite a bit of RL that interferes with gaming. I mostly do tiny builds, sometimes single rooms and everything tends to be fairly cluttered.

Tier 1 Micro Builds:
Soothsayer's Wagon (This post, at the bottom) Gallery
Micro Hacienda (Preview) Gallery
Gingerbread House (Preview) Gallery
Micro Loft Starter Home (Preview) Gallery
Cozy Crafter's Cottage (Preview) Gallery

Tier 2 Tiny Builds:
Craft Away - inspired by the house from Up! (Preview) Gallery
Shizukesa - traditional japanese house for 3 sims (Preview) Gallery

Rooms:
Oyasumi Sunken Bedroom (Preview) Gallery
Japanese Dining Room with Zaisu Chairs (Preview) Gallery

Retail:
Merry's Curiosities - Second Hand Shop / Workshop / Trash Dump (Preview) Gallery

Community Lot:
Old Station (Preview) Gallery - Community |Maker | Market | Garden

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Soothsayer's Wagon (Tier 1 Micro Home)
Anouk dabbles in all sorts of magical endeavours, not all of them exactly accepted with their neighbours. At least not officially, secretly many of them have been seen buying potions or having their future read. Magical artwork by #catatron16 #juwels64 #takissis #FruitLoops40

Soothsayer1.png

Soothsayer2.png

Soothsayer3.png

Soothsayer4.png

Soothsayer5.png

Soothsayer6.png

Soothsayer7.png

Soothsayer8.png
Post edited by Cinna32 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is lovely you have set up a showcase thread for your creations! :) It will be very nice to see your builds that you post here :)
    Soothsayer’s Wagon is a very lovely creatively designed magical wagon home! :) Very nice weathered wood sunny yellow colored walls,with pretty flowers along roofing edges and very nice vertical garden on side wall. The awning covered front entrance area with a rocking chair to sit and rest on is very nice! The patterned market table to buy potions from in the front garden is great! Lovely interior furnishings! The patterned curtains and window are pretty! Very nice kitchen nook design, and the patterned wall is very nice. The plants are a nice touch on the top of living area cabinet. Sims will enjoy playing the guitar there. Very pretty purple colour scheme of the bedroom and the confetti patterned walls is very nice. Very nice bedhead wall shelving! The items are very nice on the shelves.
    It is a very nice wagon themed home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for your encouraging feedback, rosemow!
  • Options
    WintersEdge22WintersEdge22 Posts: 103 Member
    Hello! Soothsayer's Wagon is such a wonderful little build! It's so cute, colorful and COZY!!! I adore how cozy and beautifully decorated it looks inside! You put so much love and attention into it and it makes it such a special place! That picture of the bedroom through the window is wonderful! I love this build! Such a beautiful start your new showcase! :heart::blush:
  • Options
    thank you so much, @WintersEdge22 !

My next build is actually also my newest. I'll also include some older builds but since this one uses the new hispanic items, I wanted to showcase it now.

Micro Hacienda (Tier 1 Micro Home)

Micro-Hacienda-Front.png

Micro-Hacienda1.png

Micro-Hacienda2.png

Micro-Hacienda3.png

Micro-Hacienda4.png

Micro-Hacienda6.png

Micro-Hacienda5.png

Micro-Hacienda-Patio.png

Micro-Hacienda-Patio2.png

Micro-Hacienda-Patio3.png
  • Options
    Micro Hacienda is a lovely tiny living home! Very nice exterior design, and the purple colour red flowers are pretty! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The colourful furnishings and the patterned curtains are very nice! Veey nice kitchen area! The patterned wall tiling is very nice,and the wall shelving with homely kitchen items is very nice above the stove..Very nice sofa nook to enjoy watching tv or reading books, Very patterned bathroom wall tiling.
    I will post here what I wrote on the challenge thread about the patio
    Micro Hacienda Patio is a very lovely Hispanic outdoors dining patio! :) Very nice outdoors dining area underneath the new pergola!The string lights on the pergola edge are very pretty! The floral greenery on the wall is lovely! Very nice dining area using the new patch items.It looks colorfully nice that there is a variety of colored new patch dining chairs for sims to sit on at the new dining enjoying their meal. Sims will enjoy cooking on the new grill! The colourful and patterned pots of plants on the patio edges are very nice for sims to see whilst enjoying eating their meal. They will enjoy painting on the pretty blue easel in the outside air.
    It is a lovely designed Hispanic outdoors dining patio using the new items ! :)
  • Options
    WintersEdge22WintersEdge22 Posts: 103 Member
    You're very welcome! ^_^ Micro-Hacienda is such an adorable little home! You spared no expense lavishing this lovely home with so many wonderful decorations! The kitchen is super-cute with all the items on the shelving! Love the litter entertainment area and the bedroom is way too cute! The outdoor patio area looks amazing, especially at night! Wonderful work on this! :heart::heart::heart:
  • Options
    Next up I'll share my spark'd entries and start with the one from the last challenge. It is also tiny and can be turned into a tier 2 tiny home. Here's a link to Craft Away, a build inspired by Pixar's Up! but with some yarny and magical twist. Probably got a rating because of all the swearing involved in getting those yarn balls up there :#

sparkd1.png

sparkd3.png

sparkd5.png

sparkd7.png

sparkdgroundfloor.png

sparkdupperfloor.png

sparkdbirdsview.png

sparkd4.png

sparkd6.png

sparkd8.png
  • Options
    For the creature challenge, my entry is a Gingerbread House inspired by the brothers Grimm's story of Hänsel and Gretel. It can be turned into a tier 1 tiny house. Fun fact: The gingerbread is made from wooden cutting boards and the frosting actually consists of countless piping bags with frosting: Frosting.png

This 32-tile original Gingerbread house comes without a witch included. It has 2000000000 calories, download at your own risk. It may also contain traces of almonds, bones and don't forget heaps of sugar and gluten. Playtested and fully functional, though the gingerbread may be a slight fire hazard.

Gingerbread1.png

Gingerbread2.png

Gingerbread3.png

Gingerbread4.png

Gingerbread5.png

Gingerbread6.png

Gingerbread7.png

Gingerbread8.png

Gingerbread9.png
  • Options
    Craft Away is such a very creatively great and colourful home! :) The colourful yarn ball balloons look so very great! The exterior design to reflect the home from the movie looks very nice! The coloured weathered wood walls are pretty! Very beautiful interior furnishings! The wall colours, homely furnishings and the wall decor are very pretty and give a lovely warm home feel. The hanging herbs and floral wall panel in the kitchen are very nice touches. The craft and computer desk area with many craft themed items is very nice! The bedroom is a pretty place for sims to enjoy sleeping. The wall decor are a nice there.
    It is a lovely craft themed home!
    Gingerbread House is a lovely gingerbread themed home based on Hansel and Gretel! :) The description of the home and the items that you used for the gingerbread and the frosting are creatively great! Very nice gingerbread exterior design! The flowers are pretty and very nice trees! Sims will enjoy using the cauldron and cooking, dining outdoors. The run down interior design is great! The cobwebs,spiders, torn walls,cracks and old patterned wall tiles look great!
  • Options
    Next up are two somewhat trashy builds. I'll start with the community space focusing on an old train station in San Mishuno that was abandoned when the new railway bridge was built. I built it in the southern lot of Spice Market district that originally had a loft building in it, but of course it works on any 30x30 or bigger lot like a 30x40.

Old Station (Community Space)

It is inspired by dead-end stations which are common in older stations in bigger European cities.

Station-Comm1.png

Station-Comm2.png

Station-Comm3.png

Old Station (Maker Space)

Here the tracks were left as they were and simply boarded over to create more space. The outer wings of the roof were removed and replaced with a more open area while the central glass roof was left intact.

Station-Maker2.png

Station-Maker1.png

Station-Maker3.png

Station-Maker4.png

Old Station (Marketplace)

The structural changes to the building are quite similar to the maker space. The main difference is that instead of simply boarding over the tracks, here the floor has glass panes inserted which allow a glimpse onto the old tracks underneath.

Station-Market1.png

Station-Market2.png

Station-Market3.png

Old Station (Community Garden)

This version has the biggest structural changes, as the complete roof was simply torn down and the structure left open and covered in plants. The lower walkways will still be somewhat protected by the upper ones but the old tracks, where the gardening areas are, are left uncovered. That way the plants get more sunlight as well as natural watering.

Station-Garden1.png

Station-Garden2.png

Station-Garden3.png

Station-Garden4.png
  • Options
    Each of the versions of the Old Station build look great! :) You have adapted them well to suit the type of lot! The builds reflect well an old train station! The glass roofing of the first three builds is very nice. It looks great the way the roofing has been removed for the community garden build and the exterior structure removed to leave the interior areas open to the outside. The plants, flowers, plant panels, hanging greenery and and pretty flowerboxes are lovely :)
  • Options
    thank you so much for your kind comments, rosemow!

My next build is again a somewhat trashy build.

Merry's Curiosities is a combination of a trash dump, a recycling workshop, a somewhat livable appartment and Merry's Curiosities shop, where he sells his second hand treasures.

Merry loves to dive through trash. He hates to throw anything away that can still be salvaged, repurposed or mended. Next to the local trash dump he built himself a tiny home and his curiosities second hand shop into three empty containers. But his favourite part is his creativity corner behind it. There he loves to spend hours tinkering and uncovering treasures.

Curiosities6.png
    Merry's Curiosities Shop
    Curiosities1.png

Curiosities3.png
    The appartment also has a very spartanic bedroom and a bathroom with a tub. There is a toilet and a sink in the shop though.
    Curiosities4.png
    Merry's Workshop
    Curiosities5.png

Curiosities7.png
    Curiosities8.png

Curiosities2.png

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Merry’s Curiosities is a great build! :) The design of the build and each of the areas looks great! The design and furnishing of his apartment and of his curiosities shop area looks great! It is great that they are in shipping containers. Very nice workshop area he can enjoy using the recycling station, the fabricator and do woodworking. The dumpsters area is great!
    It is a great creatively designed build! :)
  • Options
    To celebrate the new platforms (yayyy!) I created two simple rooms to better represent Japanese furniture and give some options that were not included in the new pack. Namely a bedroom with a futon bed that is sunken into the floor to look more like a classical futon, as well as a dining room using zaisu chairs. Everything is fully functional and playtested as usual. Also small aside: sadly it wasn't possible to sink the table a bit more into the floor to make the chair legs disappear completely as it breaks functionality. I tried.. :,(

Oyasumi Sunken Bedroom

Oyasumi1.png

Oyasumi2.png

Oyasumitop.png

Oyasumi4.png

Oyasumi3.png

Japanese Dining Room

Zaisu3.png

Zaisu1.png

Zaisu4.png

Zaisu5.png
  • Options
    Oyasumi Sunken Bedroom is a lovely bedroom for Mt. Komorebi ! :) The sunken bed to reflect a futon looks very great! The natural color scheme of the room,the Asian style wall paneling and the wood flooring is very nice and is calming! The Japanese blossoms wall art is lovely for sims to when waking from sleeping. The Asian style lights are nice placed either sides of the art, and the basket of cushions in the corner is homely. Sims will enjoy quietly meditating on the meditation stool.It looks very nice the way the Asian screen shade divider at the back of the bed separates off the dressing area. The clothes rack and drawers are great there for sims to use for dressing and it is nice that there are books on the drawer for sims to enjoy reading whilst sitting on the corner cushions. The corner branches plant and light item is very nice. The side wall artwork is restful.
    The sunken chairs in Japanese Dining room to reflect zaisu chairs looks creatively great! The blossoms on the table and the bamboo plants are restful and calming. The Asian style wallart,and koi painting are very nice Japanese touches there.
    The two rooms are lovely! :)
  • Options
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited November 2020
    Your houses and rooms are beautiful! <3
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thank you so much @rosemow and @illusie ! I hadn't even seen it yet, as I was pretty much spending the last few evenings playing with the new pack and didn't read up on the forums. What a pleasant surprise to return to! New build should hopefully be up soon. I was a bit sidetracked. :blush:
  • Options
    QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    @Cinna32 love your builds!
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
  • Options
    thank you @QueenV815

My next build is a tier 2 tiny house inspired by traditional japanese houses. It has room for a small family (3 sims). It has a tiny atrium with a pond. A definite downside of tiny houses is the near impossibility of taking decent screenshots..

Shizukesa

Shizukesa1.png

Shizukesa3.png

Shizukesa4.png

Shizukesa5.png

Shizukesa6.png

Shizukesa7.png

Shizukesa10.png

Shizukesatop.png
  • Options
    Shizukesa is a lovely Japanese family tiny living home! :) Very nice exterior design, patterned walls, and great side area where Sims can enjoy doing flower arranging, playing chess or have fun in the sandpit. Very lovely Asian style furnishing of the interior! The atrium lilypads pond is pretty! Sims will enjoy dining at the kotatsu table. The koala is cute on the mascot patterned kids bed! The platforming in the home is very nice!
  • Options
    TuniamTuniam Posts: 21 Member
    All the houses are gorgeous! Very beautiful Japanese home <3
    Gallery: Tuniam
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thank you @Tuniam

Next up is a truly tiny one:

Micro Loft Starter Home

At only 24 tiles it deserves the term Micro. It has a fully functional sleeping loft with a tiny sitting area underneath. Decorated with a female inhabitant with a love for rockclimbing in mind. The amazing kitchen shelf is by Mushilda and the artwork used was made by cribea9, OxanaKSims, catatron16, sparklili, AlJay2000, juwels64 and roseymow

Micro-Loft-Outside.png

Microloft1.png

Microloft2.png

Microloft3.png

Microloft4.png

Microloft5.png

Microloft6.png

Microloft7.png
  • Options
    Micro Loft Starter Home is a lovely tiny living starter home! :) Very nice warm wood exterior design, and great greenery on walls. The water fountain feature is pretty! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The layout is very great! Very nice loft bed area and the living area underneath it is a very nice! Very nice sofa seat sitting area to enjoy watching tv and listening to music from the speaker. The plants are very nice on the tv ledge and the vertical plant on the bed edge are lovely! Very nice kitchen wall pattern, and the wall shelving is homely.
    Thankyou very much for using my art! <3
  • Options
    TuniamTuniam Posts: 21 Member
    Very lovely tiny home <3
    Gallery: Tuniam