Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

can I play in the Eco worlds without setting anything off again?

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2020
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @Karon

Right now i am so enjoying actually being in those Eco worlds and changing them to my liking and I have no clue what force voting means I am just happy to be back there without all the issues I had before and then maybe I can learn some more and be more brave going forward :)

I wanted to ask is your Avi on the gallery for download? I so wish there was some sort of mod to have Mrs Crumplebottom back in my game in S4 :)

"force voting" to me was like having my whole household vote for the same thing, or my sim that had a lot of influence to spend all of it forcing what I wanted to happen haha kinda like cheating, but within what the game gave me.

I'm not sure if she's on the gallery. It wasn't made by me... I've found this art of her on google images and felt in love instantly.

@SPARKY1922 I've found where I took her from: https://nixels.tumblr.com/post/129909079436/sim-dump-3-all-available-on-the-gallery-under-my
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,915 Member
    I would like to add, that if you wish, you can edit/add all the planters, vending tables and machines to the base state of the EL communitylot. People still use all, add seeds, take care of the garden, sell their stuff and use the machines :)

I absolutely love that. I have turned lots of my parks what have planters to EL lots, and I am never gonna vote the lot to be any of the 3 options. So much traffic in that lot type, and lots of items pre EL also are used autonomously.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Karon

I understand what you mean now re forced voting for the whole family and I would probably go the same route if I was playing that way lol

Thank you so much for finding Mrs Crumplebottom on tumblr she is so going into my game :)

Hi @Ellupelluellu

I did not know that so thank you for that information it's most helpful :)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    simvasion wrote: »

Thank you for your info and your mods they basically saved my game after eco living and although you may feel there were no game destroying bugs for me there were so many things that borked after i downloaded that pack I could no longer play my game properly anymore...

So from reading all the info is it correct as long as i don't send my sims to vote in these worlds then the behavior from NAPS I believe it is called will not happen in the eco worlds or any other world either? (what about sims autonomously voting out of my control?) and if I ignore the welcome wagon and don't involve my sims in any other voting or eco related activity then i can just play the world normally like i do in any other world and cheat the weather to my liking and at least have the world to play in as I choose to play it?

In my experience, I stopped everything bad that could happen before it could happen by making my mod cover all the negative stuff people were reporting on the forums. If you have that in, then you probably don't need to worry about anything and just play the game as you choose to play it. It'd be interesting to know what you consider "borked" because then I could give more specific suggestions on how to avoid it.

Like, you don't need to ignore the Knox welcome wagon. He's just a sim that says hello and after reading his message you can ignore him if you want. Just leaving him standing on your doorstep just seems really anti-social to me :wink:
    Karon wrote: »
    Honestly, I play with everything turned on and my eco footprint tends to be neutral most of the time if I don't interfere with it.

Okay, I'm very confused. You have to have a certain set of Mods to play the Eco EP ???

I do not have this EP yet and am very concerned about getting it. I hate to miss out on new worlds to build and play in.

Is there a thread or post or link to everything that is messed up with this EP and what it will mess up ???
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I've not had any issues and I bought EL first day. Learning the different N.A.P.'s was a good idea. I don't use mods or CC so, maybe that made my experience better? A couple of weeks ago I learned you could instantly repeal N.A.P.s by shift-clicking the mailbox but I haven't done that.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Most of the NAP's have annoying, autonomous behaviour attatched to them. Like Rock your Body, sims will constantly drop whatever you told them to do, and instead do push-ups and stretch. With Sharing is Caring, they will steal anything that's not nailed down, and some things that are, making community lots unusable. I always use the mailbox cheat to pick 4 NAP's that are not intrusive.

Green Gardening. Place a bug hotel to pass inspection, don't have to actually HAVE bugs in it OR a bee box.
    Self-sufficiency is also a good one, especially if you want visitors to upgrade or repair your stuff :p
    Eco-friendly appliances is especially nice if you have a handy sim and upgrade plumbing/electronics.
    Last one I pick is usually the Upcycling one. To pass inspection, just place a recycler or a fabricator
    If you live in Evergreen Harbor, Modern/Green Initiative will also work.

There are just too many bugs and issues with the NAP's, and to be honest, there are very few of them I tolerate. I don't want my sims to be constantly dazed, flirt with anything in two shoes or wear bags over their heads.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited September 2020
    I am starting over because I realized that I needed to adjust a few things. Luckily I started a new save just because of buying EL and has not played for long.

SO: Keeping voting on, BUT as pointed out in another thread: Outside of Evergreen Harbor, where all Sims vote, only Sims that are in your "My Sims" tab will vote. Which is why people who play rotationally over different neighborhoods have the most issues. For us who don't... just make sure ONLY your actually played Sim family is in that tab, and nobody anywhere outside of where that Sim live (and in Evergreen harbor) will vote on anything and everything stay neutral.

Also, I have a base save (sort of like a SimsieSave) that I start from. I am now editing it to add a few fully Eco houses everywhere, which will help auto-push a lot of neighborhoods to Green by just existing. For example I gave the Goth house solar panels and the eco roof, because well... Bella is Good, so she would definitely do that. Also the local vegetarian restaurant, of course, has all the eco stuff like wind turbines to help push that neighborhood along.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    edited September 2020
    @catmando830

I have to be honest I still find things quite confusing about the eco living pack because I never got chance to play it enough to gain any understanding of it before my game went haywire-) It is worth getting and I believe a lot of issues should be sorted out now but my paranoia will still add my Eco mods until they are no longer available lol I intend watching a lets play on your tube at some point however I find my mind wanders when I am not actually trying to do things in game for myself. I think if you read @Kathykins comments in the post above it will provide you with some idea of what can go wrong.

@Kathykins

I have copied and saved your info on less intrusive NAPS because as I get more confident in future I would like to try something like that as long as nothing gets invasive again.

You wrote " I don't want my sims to be constantly dazed, flirt with anything in two shoes or wear bags over their heads" which made me laugh because i noticed this when I sent my single male sim to Uni and every-time he was in the bar complete stranger sims were coming up to him constantly flirting and hugging which almost drove me insane-)

So far with mods I have managed to stop most of it thankfully and at the moment I am still choosing lots for the worlds that I like.

@Beardedgeek

I agree probably playing rotation could cause more issues than it's worth however I am defo trying to contain everything I want to do in the Eco worlds themselves at the moment. You think Bella is good haha mine isn't lol

I am wondering if any of you playing Eco living could provide me with info on the community lots which is what i have been concentrating on today and have noticed some things I am not sure about.

when searching the gallery for eco community lots in the lot drop down box there is a lot category for community garden or community space and nothing for a marketplace or maker space lots?

in game when choosing to place a community lot a panel of boxes shows up with 4 options. 1 is called community space. The second box is community Garden . The third box is called marketplace and the 4th and final one is called maker space

The only one option available to me when downloading/adding community lots from the gallery into the Eco worlds (or any other world actually) whether it be named as a garden, marketplace or maker space is box number one community space and when i try to use any of the other 3 community lot options the lot reverts straight back to the games version of the community lot? I don't understand what I am doing wrong? Is there anyone who can explain whats happening and how to fix it please?

Also can sims live on a community space/lot designation and it still run properly as a community lot or does it have to be run as a business if a sim is living on the lot?

@joRN1414

I am so happy that you have not had any issues with the pack but unfortunately it broke a lot of players games for some reason. There has to be a reason (or maybe not-) so all the rest of us can do is find workarounds lol
    edited October 2020
    Thank you! I guess I'm either lucky or I don't realize what the issues are that people say are bugs. (or it doesn't bother me. Could be all of it.)

About the community lots! That was a learning experience for me. I didn't see any I liked in the gallery so I made one. I started by wanting a maker space that I could add gardening and market place to later on if I wanted. As you've already noticed there are some learning curve issues.

I made a maker space. I had all the requirements, but the 'Community', market, and garden tabs still had the exclamation mark sign, I added the requirements of the garden and market tabs on the maker lot. The exclamation points went away on all but the community section. I made a post about it and someone said I was missing the community sign. So, I could either put a community sign on my current lot or just one in the community tab. It didn't make much sense to just put it on an empty lot, so I put it on my maker lot too. (There is a glitch at the moment where the community sign is a big X in the B/B mode. You have to open the debug items and type in community to pick one of the available signs.) So then I didn't have any exclamation points, I had a full community lot with maker, market, and garden areas. Plus, I added food and skills areas, a play area for the kids... etc.

However, when I looked at the lot it still only showed up on the maker tab and it worked, but I thought it might save wrong. I made a copy of the whole lot and pasted it in the community tab lot. It still works great and is quite a happening place. Another thing I didn't know but was a cool surprise... mentors for each machine will show up and your Sims will learn the skills quicker, just like when adults mentor children.

The only thing I haven't figured out how to get to work is I made a knitting area with rockers and knitting baskets. I think I'm just going to have to put knitting baskets in a few Sims inventory to see if I can get them to chill in the rocking chairs and knit. Maybe form a knitting club.

I don't know about Sims living on a community lot, but I do have some couches the Sims nap on, food to eat, bathroom stuff... so they could stay there. Maybe put some cots in a room.
    Post edited by joRN1414 on
    @joRN1414

Thank you so much for that further info on community lots as I confess they are confusing me right now and although I realized there must be something else to do I could not figure it out :) When you wrote about marker boards I had not realized there were any others than the voting boards and wrongly assumed as long as a community lot had a voting board placed on it then it would function correctly regardless of whatever lot name/designation was being used. Clearly that's not the case lol I have also noticed a big red ex on something Eco in build/buy but had no clue what it meant so now i know I will hop into debug and find the community signs there..

I love your idea with the added food and toddler areas and this is the type of community lot I am looking forward to playing and one of the main reasons I wanted this pack in the first place.. I also really like the idea of mentors turning up to help sims with their skills on machines that's a really good idea and one I will look forward to as I get to play a community lot more fully.

Even though I bought the Niffy Knitting pack to compliment some of the eco living features I still have not have had time to play that feature until tonight when i decided I needed to play for a while as opposed to be figuring other issues out and I really like the animation with the rocking chair and would have assumed if these rocking chairs were on a community lot a sim with the knitting basket in their inventories could be directed to use on that sort of lots or does it not work that way? I know that everything appears to work for players if they have a knitting club however like you I would enjoy them being a part of a community lot if that was at all possible..

There is more to learn and I appreciate the time you have taken to explain things further for me :)
    @SPARKY1922 : I love EL so much. I have only played briefly with Nifty Knitting and I've been able to get the Sims to knit as long as they had a knitting bag in their inventory on their own lot. I haven't really tried it out on other lots though. One of the reasons I put a little area in my maker center is so I could play with it some more. I have seen posts where Sims are knitting independently on other lots, but again, I've only played on my lot. LOL.

No problem with explaining things, either. I learn a lot on the forums and by trial and error. I'm happy to help too!
    edited October 2020
    Hi @joRN1414

I was wondering if you have any pics of your maker center? I would love to take a look at what you have made/done. No worries re the Nifty Knitting I will try for myself once I have figured out the various community lots properly-) Have you got any community lots on the gallery for download?

Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    edited October 2020
    @SPARKY1922 I dl'd it for you. It still has room for other things to be placed, I like an open floorplan. It's here.

01.jpg

The gallery link! ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E61F6BF703E911EB8DC5E9CAD1B3EEB7
    Post edited by joRN1414 on
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    @SPARKY1922 I dl'd it for you. It still has room for other things to be placed, I like an open floorplan. It's here.

01.jpg

The gallery link! ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E61F6BF703E911EB8DC5E9CAD1B3EEB7

Looked at this in the gallery - what is it, and do you need EL to use it in your game?
    edited October 2020
    @joRN1414

Thank you so much and in one of my most favorite worlds too <3 I am going to enjoy exploring this feature very much. Does the lot come with the necessary board/s? or do I need to add something myself? which lot designation is it a marketplace or another community designation? I am so grateful because I know you have played the lot and know how it all works so it helps me doing it for the first time :)

Edit: just to let you know I am extremely busy day in RL and it may be a couple days before I can get back to you as I have to test my mods as well due to some hiccups and I don't want you to feel you made an effort for me and I am not getting back to you straight away :)

@catmando830

I think if you want to play the eco living features specifically such as a community lots like market places or similar then yes you will need the Eco living pack for that however I know sims have been able to sell at the flea markets in myshuno city for a while so I presume you could maybe use the lot like that and use one of those tables from that pack but I am not sure as I have never used the selling features at any table before now so hopefully another player might be able to give you some further ideas about how to do that.
    Post edited by SPARKY1922 on
    I hope you have fun with it. It was built on Key Point in Sulani. All the requirements are there for the lot. You just have to make sure the lot is designated as a community lot. It should pull up as either community or maker.
    edited October 2020
    I hope you have fun with it. It was built on Key Point in Sulani. All the requirements are there for the lot. You just have to make sure the lot is designated as a community lot. It should pull up as either community or maker.

I don't see the real point with the community centers except for the voter board. I never go there no matter what I have voted it to be. I have no reason to, especially after getting all 4 community action plans in place that I want.

I really wish you could put a voter board on any community lot. Putting one at the Bar in Sulani, or at the harbor café in Windenburg would definitely make sense.
    @Beardedgeek

while I understand what you are saying about enabling voter boards on any community lot (which presumably attracts more sims to whatever lots) but surely it must be satisfying to have a community lot where sims auto turn up to take part in various activities? Unless it does not work like this and I am missing something?
    edited October 2020
    @Beardedgeek

while I understand what you are saying about enabling voter boards on any community lot (which presumably attracts more sims to whatever lots) but surely it must be satisfying to have a community lot where sims auto turn up to take part in various activities? Unless it does not work like this and I am missing something?

No no it works. It's just that in my limited experience (playing about 8 hours actually dealing with that before having my Sim going off to Uni) is that I... didn't need it in any way. The community garden option was cute, I guess, but it took a week in game before I could actually harvest anything. It would have been so much more effective to just plant things in my garden. Same with a market place.
    The Maker Place is really the only thing, at least if you're poor and don't want to pay for a fabricator or a juicer, but how long does it take to actually get rich in Sims 4? I could buy a fabricator within an afternoon, IRL time.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,915 Member

Bolded part is why I like the lot type much :) (Tho I have "the all in one" , as I said before, but still.)
    At least in my game it summons more sims than regular communitylot, (maybe if not counted night clubs or gyms, those tend to be full of sims in my game), and they actually do something, not just idle or come to interrupt your sims conversations :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Beardedgeek

I think I understand where you are coming from because basically I cheat all the series of the sims games to play whichever way I like but I did buy the Eco pack hoping for this sort of feature so I could kick myself out of my usual game play (comfort zone-) and make myself commit to activities outside the home until my sims goals have been realized that way instead-) So from what you are saying I will probably only have one or two sims going along this route because it may frustrate me somewhat in the end but sometimes I just want to play a sim where I cannot get things too easily and have to follow other methods for getting my sims skilled up or able to afford something that takes a little more work and dedication while interacting with other sims doing the same :)

@Ellupelluellu

In my game a lot of my entertainment lots get plenty of sim traffic and while I am not bored with any of that sometimes it's nice yo have some variance in game play now and again even if I don't like my sims to struggle lol
    I think it's just a matter of different people playing different ways, as usual. I enjoy playing it as a gathering place like the bars or karaoke or cafe's. I have all 3 community lots, some easels, kids spots, chess, a bookcase. I think the only things I don't have on it are computers and maybe a few other basic things.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

I don't see the real point with the community centers except for the voter board. I never go there no matter what I have voted it to be. I have no reason to, especially after getting all 4 community action plans in place that I want.

I really wish you could put a voter board on any community lot. Putting one at the Bar in Sulani, or at the harbor café in Windenburg would definitely make sense.

I've put the voting board at the bar in Sulani and other places, and it works like it should. You'd have to find it in debug, though, or download from the gallery. I haven't voted in any community space in any save, there are only the three in Evergreen Harbor and they are as far as I know all default.
    Kathykins wrote: »

I've put the voting board at the bar in Sulani and other places, and it works like it should. You'd have to find it in debug, though, or download from the gallery. I haven't voted in any community space in any save, there are only the three in Evergreen Harbor and they are as far as I know all default.

what's the actual name for it in buy debug?
    @joRN1414

I have been sorting some mod conflicts and still need to finish however I found you on the gallery and have downloaded your lot (and a few others-) so as soon as I can I will be playing to see what happens :) We all play differently and that's what sims is all about there must be an million choices of game-play out there and I think that's what draws people to the game :)

@Kathykins

when you place the voting boards at other community lots other than the ECO living community lot designations what happens? does it drive more sims to those lots? and what about generic lots do you think it would bring sims to those lots if a voting boars was situated on them?