Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

....close please. going off topic. lets wait on EP10 details!

Comments

• charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    They were tempering expectations. They know it's going to be another pack the bulk of simmers didn't really ask for. It seems it's coming out after October so that takes out any supernatural options in my mind. I've heard a lot about a winter themed pack, but I hope this isn't the case before I went back to Sims 3 I moved my sims into warmer areas to avoid the headaches that came with winter and 5 out of 7 days of constant snow. I do think it'll get a lot of good reviews, not because it'll be good, but because it'll be compared to Star Wars.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    I know what it is!! I refuse to believe the cook off the gurus are having are for nothing. It has to do with a chief, a cook off, or reality tv or something in that category. I just don't know how they're going to present it.
    I called it. Will people be happy with it? No. I'm neutral but if it turns out to be any of these things I believe many people will be outraged. They want babies, cars, etc
    Some say it's a winter pack but we had no hints of winter
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I know what it is!! I refuse to believe the cook off the gurus are having are for nothing. It has to do with a chief, a cook off, or reality tv or something in that category. I just don't know how they're going to present it.
    I called it. Will people be happy with it? No. I'm neutral but if it turns out to be any of these things I believe many people will be outraged. They want babies, cars, etc

Reality TV.... yuck.

But maybe if it's a cook off show or something along those lines, we might finally get more kitchens, appliances, counters? I'm all for more kitchen choices! :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I truly hope they went like
    ''let's have one sure sell this year since we are doing weird random themes''
    and thats the last pack

my hopes and dreams rest on romance, vacations,past, occult. hobbies or music/performances related packs
    if none of the above... : / the chances of this pack being my style diminish by 90%

Eco Lifestyle wasn't all so bad I like some of the features but its bit iffy still (will get in bigger sale)
    Star Wars? made me mega irritated (but only because I really wanted it to be something else)
    Tiny Living? eeeeeeh? eeeeeeeeh? whatever. but the ghost type is cute I guess

Nifty Knitting? really my highlight of the year if this continues
    which is funny considering its stuff pack

I like both Nifty Knitting and Tiny Living; TL might have been better if they'd been able to squeeze in bunk beds but unfortunately they're too budget-heavy for an SP. I do like some of the items like the combo TV/stereo/bookshelf. Haven't really done much with Eco Lifestyle yet -- I've been catching up on everything else I missed while I was away due to eyesight issues (especially Discover University). Star Wars is okay, I guess, but pretty niche; I'll probably send my Geek Sims there on a post-graduation holiday before they settle down to get a real job.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Looking at their defensive announcement I think it is something the fans don't want.

what defensive announcement @alanmichael1
    Onverser wrote: »
    The fact that they "announced" the pack by prefacing that it wont have cars or bunk beds or babies makes it sound to me like its something they know people will complain about. I'm guessing it'll be something that some players will deem unnecessary and pointless when they should be making --- so they had to cover their tracks in advance.

I think they just said that because those things are all things people really want and they didn't want people to get there hopes up
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    The player base is a bit spread out and fractured, and the apology letter nixed a lot of stuff many players are hoping for (ie: cars, babies, etc), so it might be another controversial pack.

I kind of don’t really care about the fanbase’s opinions (especially from those who already hate TS4 from the base on, etc, and talk down about folks who like Sims 4 things, and the fandom is just an awful split mess at times when it comes to Sims 4 stuff), so I’m just looking out for whatever interests me, since I do still enjoy Sims 4. I just have to keep my expectations low and wait for sales, and stick with the more positive folks within the fandom.

The only way for something to be crowd pleaser is to be something major that many folks want (is: cars, improved babies, personalities, Generations, etc), and the apology letter already said no to most of those very much wanted features.

So, yes, I expect another outrage combustion from the Sims community once more. (Maybe not as intense if it’s a pack that is not a brand name like Star Wars was, and if it expands more Sims interactions.)

one of the things that were on most people wish list last year was a romance pack and they didn't say no to that the other was a band pack
    if its ether one of those I think people will be pleased for the most part the people who hate the game will still hate the game
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I think gameplay is dead and more focus is spent on how Sims look. EA is spending all it's time and money on Skin tones. Hair and clothing. It's been 6 years and no spiral stairs, diving board, pool slide and the baby is still a object.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Yeah I'm leaning towards that too, someone started a thread on it already about how he was speculating with the chef pig hint and now all the Gurus are having some food competition. He posted the survey they put out with all of the details about the "Get Real" reality TV pack to "Join the cast of Sliced n Diced to compete against other chefs"

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17670784#Comment_17670784

It's not something I'm interested in, I don't like reality TV in RL but as @AncientMuse said, if it came with more kitchen counters, appliances, etc then I would be happy with that aspect of it.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2020
    The player base is a bit spread out and fractured, and the apology letter nixed a lot of stuff many players are hoping for (ie: cars, babies, etc), so it might be another controversial pack.

I kind of don’t really care about the fanbase’s opinions (especially from those who already hate TS4 from the base on, etc, and talk down about folks who like Sims 4 things, and the fandom is just an awful split mess at times when it comes to Sims 4 stuff), so I’m just looking out for whatever interests me, since I do still enjoy Sims 4. I just have to keep my expectations low and wait for sales, and stick with the more positive folks within the fandom.

The only way for something to be crowd pleaser is to be something major that many folks want (is: cars, improved babies, personalities, Generations, etc), and the apology letter already said no to most of those very much wanted features.

So, yes, I expect another outrage combustion from the Sims community once more. (Maybe not as intense if it’s a pack that is not a brand name like Star Wars was, and if it expands more Sims interactions.)

one of the things that were on most people wish list last year was a romance pack and they didn't say no to that the other was a band pack
    if its ether one of those I think people will be pleased for the most part the people who hate the game will still hate the game

Oh, I would love a romance pack! 😀👍

The only major things I would want (besides improved AI) are improved babies and fleshed out life stages (ala Generations).

I would love more romance interactions as well, so a romance pack would be really nice! 🤗
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Of course not. They all but told us it’s not going to be popular when they disclosed how it clearly doesn’t reflect the interests of the community.
    Of course not. They all but told us it’s not going to be popular when they disclosed how it clearly doesn’t reflect the interests of the community.

I'm fine with them not reflect the interests of the community when they did that we got knitting and laundry
    if that over all how the community feels then I would like something else not saying they were bad packs I liked knitting give me drama
    please is all I'm saying @drake_mccarty
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Its probable going to be that Winter Vacation EP, so I would say no. Most people will complain that its just a one-time gameplay that doesn't impact the game.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have no more expectations anymore. They already made it clear they’re not listening to the community & don’t care what some of us want. Only what they think we want. The last few packs have been disappointing & underwhelming.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    They were tempering expectations. They know it's going to be another pack the bulk of simmers didn't really ask for. It seems it's coming out after October so that takes out any supernatural options in my mind. I've heard a lot about a winter themed pack, but I hope this isn't the case before I went back to Sims 3 I moved my sims into warmer areas to avoid the headaches that came with winter and 5 out of 7 days of constant snow. I do think it'll get a lot of good reviews, not because it'll be good, but because it'll be compared to Star Wars.

You don't have to send them there. I'm pretty sure this will be a vacation world.

There have been lots of hints of a winter pack as of late. One was as recent as a sim thinking about skiing.
    my be its a school pack @catloverplayer they were thinking about that to
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    The fact that they "announced" the pack by prefacing that it wont have cars or bunk beds or babies makes it sound to me like its something they know people will complain about. I'm guessing it'll be something that some players will deem unnecessary and pointless when they should be making --- so they had to cover their tracks in advance.
    Looking at their defensive announcement I think it is something the fans don't want.

That's what I am afraid of.
    cody6268 wrote: »
    fits in with normal gameplay. No more packs like Strangerville either. A game with a fixed storyline (in this case, Eco-Living, Strangerville, and Journey to Batuu all have these elements) has no place in a game where we're supposed to write our own as we go along.

Wasn't happy with that and the only way to fix it is for long time simmers to make it unprofitable for them like they did with Sim City online, which also impacted Sims4. If it isn't simlish, buying could pave the way for many packs like this and the end of the real Sims game, you know, the one where simmers are in control. How can simmers be in control with packs that restrict who they can woohoo, if they can use stuff they paid good money for, and making a game so boxed in that you had no control. Sims Star Wars should've been a stand alone game like Midevil.
    I think it's going to be something a lot of simmers have been requesting. My prediction is a Winter Vacation Prehaps with Resorts and Honeymoons.

But we also thought that since Strangerville came out and they've proven that they're more interested at this point to put stuff out that brings in players who will want to play different from what the Sims is about and also gameplay that leads back to multiplayer, which I think is one of their goals. If they can get a new base of players, then they will move ahead with multiplayer regardless of how long time simmers feel and they feel that the majority will follow and eventually more will return in time. Reality junk has taken over tv and now they're trying to get it into games especially since multiplayer games have shown how lucrative it can be in the console gaming systems. Truth is, we buy games, but now we no longer own them and Origin going back and taking control of Sims3 to the point that you no longer own it like you once did is scary. Books, movies, and music are the same way. If they can get you to read using the tablet and listen to music on the phone and watch movies without dvd players, then now they have the opportunity to take away discs altogether. I saw this with a computer we bought and then had to go get an external disc drive, because they are trying to sell computers with no disc drives to force the buying of memory cards/ sticks. Pretty soon there may not be any books. A laugh even a couple years ago, but not any longer after the quickness of tale to disc, discs to online.
    Post edited by davina1221 on
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I think it's going to be another niche pack, similar to Smelly Hippie Living and Star Wars: Journey to Floptuu. :lol:

On a serious note, after 2019-2020, I'm barely caring. This has been the worst year of The Sims I've ever seen and it's 100% not due to coronavirus. If anything, EA has been functioning like we've been living in a pandemic since 2014.
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    :| Two duds in a row would be crazy. I also just dont understand why they would intentionally make packs they know fans will be disappointed with. I thought most people wanted to be rewarded for their work, not boo'ed. But it seems the sims devs either dont care or have their heads up in the clouds.

Island Paradise,Discover universty & Eco living were all failers so it's not unheard of.

I disagree. I liked Island Paradise and Discover University.
  • YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member

You don't have to send them there. I'm pretty sure this will be a vacation world.

I think I would like a true vacation pack. Winter themed would be nice.
    Yamsisims wrote: »
    :| Two duds in a row would be crazy. I also just dont understand why they would intentionally make packs they know fans will be disappointed with. I thought most people wanted to be rewarded for their work, not boo'ed. But it seems the sims devs either dont care or have their heads up in the clouds.

Island Paradise,Discover universty & Eco living were all failers so it's not unheard of.

me to

Yeah I'm leaning towards that too, someone started a thread on it already about how he was speculating with the chef pig hint and now all the Gurus are having some food competition. He posted the survey they put out with all of the details about the "Get Real" reality TV pack to "Join the cast of Sliced n Diced to compete against other chefs"

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17670784#Comment_17670784

It's not something I'm interested in, I don't like reality TV in RL but as @AncientMuse said, if it came with more kitchen counters, appliances, etc then I would be happy with that aspect of it.

New foods could also be for a resort pack. Remember TS3 had the big table with lots of foods on it in the resorts from Island Paradise?

Why does a pack coming out after October take out supernatural options? We got vampires in January or February of 2017 IIRC, and Realm of Magic I think was in August of 2018 (it was about the time my vision started going so it was the last pack I played for a long time). Occult stuff doesn't have to be limited to Halloween.

If it's a winter theme like a lot of people seem to think, with the structure of Sims 4 your Sims could keep living in the desert and just travel to enjoy the snow and whatever activities are there. That's if you decide to return to Sims 4 at least.
    Yamsisims wrote: »

Island Paradise was Sims 3; not sure if the poster meant Island Living. I also enjoy those packs, though I haven't done much for a while with Island Living, and there are some bugs with DU that I'd like to see fixed (mostly related to script errors occurring when you use cheats to help your Sim survive the experience, like needs alteration and the like).
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’d be curious about a winter theme pack. There’s not really any lots that contain elevation changes, so it’d be interesting to see how they’d deploy something like skiing. Hopefully not just a rabbit hole 😑
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top