March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could it be ? Next expansion is....

1235...Next

Comments

• ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Wow, I am flabbergasted, once again, if it is true. So they cannot fix babies or give us a functioning farm or better romance interactions or functioning hotels but they can recreate competitive reality shows with far more intricate interactions than the above mentioned????????
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    ehh whatever, we've had worse packs by now, and it's not like they have any impact in the game anyways.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2020
    I dont know. I like bad reality tv, but I wouldnt help but feel that such a concept could have been integrated into Get Famous. TBH it sounds like you would need GF in order to really make the most out of it.

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Maybe the context would help? I'm not sure if it's anything but him trying to be funny.

Sims that were transferred to other Households will no longer reset any Household settings like Bed Assignments. Reading about this issue and trying to imagine it, brought me to this:

<insert dramatic music>
    “What do you want?”
    “It’s not that simple!”
    “But… <sigh> What.Do.You.Want?!”
    “Just because you moved out, and you are suddenly back in our lives doesn’t mean you can disrupt everything ok? I had my bed, with MY NAME ON IT!”
    “OK“
    <end dramatic music>

You’re probably right. It might not mean anything outside of that context.

I don't think it means anything
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    The only Reality Show I like irl is this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HmLuJJN9jQ
    So I highly doubt that this pack would be any good imo.
    I used this thread in a speculation video. I hope you don't mind!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,902 Member
    When I saw SimGuruGeorge tweeting about what sweets you prefer I had visions of a new Katy Perry sweet treats pack. :o;)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Now we all have to sign a release form! :o
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member

Oh not at all, I absolutely Love that do you have a link would love to see it :)
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »

Oh not at all, I absolutely Love that do you have a link would love to see it :)

Here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZZEQf8g3_M
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member

Thanks for sharing subscribed to your channel.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member

Thanks for sharing. <3
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If the new EP is some type of REALITY TV pack it will be the last nail in the S4 coffin for me. I can't imagine them giving us anything so ridiculous over all the ideas that we have begged years for much less over base game fixes that need to be addresses first. 2020 has been a S4 bust, especially after Star Wars, but a REALITY pack would be it's death. No thanks.

I don't know what it will be, but I do know it will add many new bugs and be a disappointment.
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If the new EP is some type of REALITY TV pack it will be the last nail in the S4 coffin for me. I can't imagine them giving us anything so ridiculous over all the ideas that we have begged years for much less over base game fixes that need to be addresses first. 2020 has been a S4 bust, especially after Star Wars, but a REALITY pack would be it's death. No thanks.

I don't know what it will be, but I do know it will add many new bugs and be a disappointment.

I would say the same but, considering if it is. the pack still could incorporate some useful things like lot types and traits and romance stuff etc..
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited October 2020
    im open to new ideas in sims 4 but idk reality tv just sounds ummmmm not fun i hope its a romance or holiday pack like others say it might be, but again if it actually is a realty tv type pack if they execute it well it might very well be a funpack but we have to just wait and see
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I don't see how reality tv can be a thing. Sims would need actual personalities for that, otherwise it's just like everyday gameplay, with more stuff.
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I hope that isn't the next pack. They could have thrown that in with Get Famous.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Korgly wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I would say the same but, considering if it is. the pack still could incorporate some useful things like lot types and traits and romance stuff etc..

It could add some new objects but, knowing how they do things, it would probably just reuse existing objects and add glitchy game play.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I wouldn't be interested if it was a cook-off based reality show. But that's likely what it would be since these sims relate to things over other sims.

Give me Survivor / Big Brother. With comps to win, ways to make alliances, Ways to convince other Survivors/HGs to vote the way you want, etc.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,360 Member
    Wow, I am flabbergasted, once again, if it is true. So they cannot fix babies or give us a functioning farm or better romance interactions or functioning hotels but they can recreate competitive reality shows with far more intricate interactions than the above mentioned????????

As far as I've heard there is no confirmation there won't be hotels or new romance options in EP 10.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    we already have get famous this just makes no sense and i feel like has no place in the sims 4 at all. im not saying if this is the pack then its immediately terrible it could be a good idea but i just don't see how this will fit with the sims 4 especially rn considering how buggy it is
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Like others, I think a reality TV show would have been better incorporated into Get Famous, or maybe it could be done as a GP. The new pack is likely to be an EP because of the timing (they usually have an EP out for the holiday shopping season, even this year with the coronavirus keeping most shoppers at home). And an announcement this week would likely have an EP release of middle November, if you figure a few weeks lead up with feature trailers and blogs, maybe even a live stream or two (since they didn't/couldn't have one for the Star Wars pack).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)