March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could it be ? Next expansion is....

Comments

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am also gussing reality tv show because ninja used the showtime plumpop, not the exact same thing but close enough. Maybe sparkd was a hint all along but we didnt notice XD Anyway, i am not a fan of reality tv shows but i liked one about cooking so i hope that is an option and adds fun gameplay because that have been boring lately.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Big Brother is it? It could be a hint. I never watched that show or any other reality show...wouldn’t have gotten that clue, if it is one. 🤔
  • RosiieoRosiieo Posts: 23 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Looks like you’re right. I found this in the patch notes:F577150-D-0318-4-D27-B2-B1-1-D59-D97-EC097.jpg

LOL is that a reference to Big Brother? It seems like a pretty direct clue ;)

Can you explain how this is a reference to Big Brother? Never watched the show and searching the quote doesn’t bring anything up. The first part seems to be a clear Notebook reference though.

• kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Rosiieo wrote: »
    Looks like you’re right. I found this in the patch notes:F577150-D-0318-4-D27-B2-B1-1-D59-D97-EC097.jpg

Can you explain how this is a reference to Big Brother? Never watched the show and searching the quote doesn’t bring anything up. The first part seems to be a clear Notebook reference though.

I also thought this was a The Notebook reference, though I have no knowledge of Big Brother

What’s Notebook? I don’t live under a very big rock, still I have no clue what everybody’s talking about. 🧐

What’s Notebook? I don’t live under a very big rock, still I have no clue what everybody’s talking about. 🧐

The Notebook is a film, the “what do you want” “it’s not that simple” quote has become a somewhat meme I guess.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Maybe the context would help? I'm not sure if it's anything but him trying to be funny.

Sims that were transferred to other Households will no longer reset any Household settings like Bed Assignments. Reading about this issue and trying to imagine it, brought me to this:

<insert dramatic music>
    “What do you want?”
    “It’s not that simple!”
    “But… <sigh> What.Do.You.Want?!”
    “Just because you moved out, and you are suddenly back in our lives doesn’t mean you can disrupt everything ok? I had my bed, with MY NAME ON IT!”
    “OK“
    <end dramatic music>

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020

It simply sounds like two contestants arguing over which bed belongs to them. It happens on a lot of reality shows, from Big Brother to America’s Next Top Model. Especially American reality shows. That’s why it reminded of Big Brother.

Also, the beds have names on them, like in a reality show.
    edited October 2020

The Notebook is a film, the “what do you want” “it’s not that simple” quote has become a somewhat meme I guess.

Ah yes, of course. I heard of the film. It’s a Romantic comedy, right? I Don’t know any of the quotes. Maybe it’s hinting towards a romance pack after all...
    edited October 2020
    Isharell wrote: »
    Maybe the context would help? I'm not sure if it's anything but him trying to be funny.

Sims that were transferred to other Households will no longer reset any Household settings like Bed Assignments. Reading about this issue and trying to imagine it, brought me to this:

<insert dramatic music>
    “What do you want?”
    “It’s not that simple!”
    “Just because you moved out, and you are suddenly back in our lives doesn’t mean you can disrupt everything ok? I had my bed, with MY NAME ON IT!”
    “OK“
    <end dramatic music>

You’re probably right. It might not mean anything outside of that context.

It simply sounds like two contestants arguing over which bed belongs to them. It happens on a lot of reality shows, from Big Brother to America’s Next Top Model. Especially American reality shows. That’s why it reminded of Big Brother.

Don’t the sims team put random quotes into the patch notes pretty frequently though, and like Isharell posted above, it seems to just be a reference to one of the fixes they did, not necessarily hinting at anything.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,347 Member

And a few months ago they made up lines from a Telenovela, so I don't think it means anything. Unless I missed a major romance overhaul...
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    I don't think it's a hint, just a funny dialogue to emphasize the bed assignment fix.
    But if it were a reference to something, it would definitely be a reference to The Notebook. "What do you want/it's not that simple" is quite the well-known meme.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Actually and suprisingly... I wouldn't be opposed to this. I already make my own reality shows in the game so having the proper tools would help
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,925 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I would prefer a medieval pack over that. I’m tired of anymore “fame gain” or reality tv. If they learned anything from star wars, they will stop producing packs that some might not care for

There are always going to be some who don’t care for something, I personally would have loved something different than University. And I could have even lived without seasons. But from the outset decided I was going to have a complete game this time. I loved my first pet stuff and many of the stuff packs, yet many say stop making stuff packs. So many people didn’t like the active jobs in get to work, that I absolutely thought were the best jobs of the game..... I would have liked all jobs to have a work place and loved having the objectives to go through. So everyone’s taste is not the same. I would love a medieval pack myself and a farming pack. I hope both come to fruition. I haven’t purchased journey to Batuu yet, but I have been working with getting rid of stuff, going thru old bills and mounds of clutter lately, changing it up, getting new furniture, and because of the pandemic, my daughter showed me how to use her Netflix, so I have been enjoying that too ( I really miss going to the movies), so haven’t gotten it yet. There are a lot of things I don’t like like about JT Batuu on the surface, but who knows, I may end up loving it. I’m glad they are throwing some different things Into the game. It makes for variety and something different. I sure hope we get a farming pack with animals sometime, because I’m really looking forward to that one. I’m also looking forward to real babies, and cars. But I’m thrilled to see that some people love the things I don’t. I wish our sims were so varied!
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    edited October 2020

<insert dramatic music>
    “What do you want?”
    “It’s not that simple!”
    “OK“
    <end dramatic music>

It reminded me more of Real Housewives-esque drama. Even though technically we can already have unreasonably escalated situations. I can only imagine how cringe worthy a Reality TV pack could be....

"Grab your wine glass and glue in your hair extensions in The Sims 4: Get Dramatic!"
    Post edited by afternoonbaboon on
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If it is, well, EA is just making it really easy to forget TS4 ever existed so I'm happy with that :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

<insert dramatic music>
    “What do you want?”
    “It’s not that simple!”
    “OK“
    <end dramatic music>

It reminded me more of Real Housewives-esque drama. Even though we already can technically have unreasonably escalated situations. I can only imagine how cringe worthy a Reality TV pack could be....

"Grab your wine glass and glue in your hair extensions in The Sims 4: Get Dramatic!"
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If it is, well, EA is just making it really easy to forget TS4 ever existed so I'm happy with that :p

If it actually added new gameplay mechanics (an attraction system, better romance, more consequences for negative social interactions), I'd be into it.
    But most likely it would just be a bunch of set dressing with recycled features from other packs. :/
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Just curious - what kind of Build/Buy and CAS do you think a Reality TV EP could bring us that's not already in Get Famous? GF has cameras, GF has TV studios, it has lavish furniture, influencers, et cetera (just going by popular TV tropes here!) And if there's a world included in that pack, what could make it distinct from Del Sol Valley, which is a media-focussed city? You'd think they'd explore other themes first before returning to a theme they have already touched. I'm intrigued because on the one hand, I can't see this being the next pack because it would be so illogical to me when we already have Get Famous, but on the other hand it is very on trend with 2020, Spark'd and what's popular among young people.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

<insert dramatic music>
    “What do you want?”
    “It’s not that simple!”
    “OK“
    <end dramatic music>

It reminded me more of Real Housewives-esque drama. Even though we already can technically have unreasonably escalated situations. I can only imagine how cringe worthy a Reality TV pack could be....

That's it exactly! @afternoonbaboon it was very soap opera-ish, with the special exaggeration needed for reality TV. If that is what they do I will gladly skip this pack.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 640 Member
    I was looking for the app to a new printer I bought, and noticed that FreePlay had an update that introduced the Care Bears. Given this plus Star Wars in TS4; who knows what poorly thought out idea we'll get.
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    hmm reality tv theme, not right up my alley but workable. I do hope they add some standalone gameplay and objects those not interested in the theme enjoy -- kind of like the juice fizzer and candle-making station in eco pack. I'm hoping they workout the bugs because I'd like to snag that pack for those objects. Not ideal. But this franchise will NEVER be returning to the days of Sims2.
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I was looking for the app to a new printer I bought, and noticed that FreePlay had an update that introduced the Care Bears. Given this plus Star Wars in TS4; who knows what poorly thought out idea we'll get.

I could only hope for Transformers. And a car update with that.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think that if they add reality tv the theme of the expansion will be centered around competition. It will feature different reality shows such as:
    1.Cooking competition where you compete against other cooks and your dishes are judged by a jury.
    2. Survivor competition where you spent a period of time in a remote island trying to survive with limited resources-eliminations and voting included.
    3. A reality documentary where your sim agrees to spend a weekend on a haunted house. At the end you receive a prize but only if you come out alive...
    4. A general type reality documentary where a drone follows your sim around all day. In order not to get cancelled you have to bring the drama and maintain your popularity (a new bar) by using mainly your social skills.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    so reality show like big brother seems funny?? in somehow but not on a expansion pack, in a gamepack its more, like " oh i going now play with the style of pack because this is fun and i want to see my sims on this challenge", but no a expansion, i kind miss when the expansions was really EXPANDED term, not a specific jogability in only a world.