March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could it be ? Next expansion is....

Comments

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I would be very disappointed. I didn't care for Strangerville and bought it on sale. But, it had a world your sim can go to, CAS, build, buy, and other stuff that one might use. If you can't use much stuff in the real game, then I don't know if Star Wars will ever be worth buying.

If reality shows and trying to cash in on other movies ect is what lies in the future for the Sims, then I am sickened by that as it is nothing like the game I bought and have played for around a decade or so.

The only aspects that would make it interesting or worth it would be being able to choose a love interest out of a group of Sims as the winner. Great clothes, hair, recipes, a bunch of new buy stuff. But, if I can't use it in a bunch of play scenarios, then it will be yet another pack that I buy on sale. I don't use the eco vote, haven't traveled to Strangerville, and find this to be the worst year of content in Sims history as far as usability and my play style. They usually don't go in one direction when it comes to content, but now they don't seem to care.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,336 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I surmised that we might get a reality tv pack after they started The Sims Spark'd. However, the chef pig is supposedly a reference to Star Wars, not reality tv.

There's no fine dining in the Star Wars pack. Personally, I don't think the pig was a reference to Star Wars.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17597752/#Comment_17597752
    It's a reference to Star Wars.

Could be, but it doesn't look like an army cook.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @SimGuruGeorge Please quickly confirm that it is not reality TV because that would be even worse than Eco Lifestyle.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @SimGuruGeorge Please quickly confirm that it is not reality TV because that would be even worse than Eco Lifestyle.

Eco Lifestyle could have been an awesome Stuff pack.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I think cooking contests could be fun, but more as a minor off-shoot to what you could unlock as you progress through the cooking/baking skill as a hobby or career. I’ve always thought more special and immersive experiences that you can unlock as you advance up the skill ladder would be fun. Like a neighborhood bbq contest for cooks, a half marathon for fitness buffs, and a gallery show for artists.

Thumbs down on a thirst trap reality show-focused pack though from me, boss.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I was very dubious on eco lifestyle and have come to love the pack besides the bugs it brought so if this reality tv theme is coming (which really does seem to fit s4 style) I hope it surprises me as well.
    I hope they add the depth of gameplay required to make it a decent expansion.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If this way Sims 2 I'd find a reality tv pack fun but with emotionless Sims who do not react to Sims around them have no anger or dislike for enemies what would we get Sims standing around talking. Not what I want to see at all or at least till what I mentioned is fixed.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Might cause another uproar if it is a reality . It would be delightful ;)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm not especially interested in this theme. I'd need to look at the whole pack and how it could be applied beyond that.

I do like chefs and want an update to romance.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Another whole EP dedicated to becoming famous isn't my cup of tea. However, if it does include a love island part or similar it may have side features I'm interested in, such as a much needed update to romance interactions. So I wouldn't write it off as a not buy without seeing some game play.

I'm hoping for medieval at some point personally. I just want a world with no modern buildings in the background and the ability to turn the phone off forever.

The medieval world would be amazing! My vote goes for it too! :) For now maybe you can use Glimmerbrook? It’s the most suitable for that gameplay! Windenburg could go well too if it wasn’t for harbor quarter I guess :). As for the phone perhaps there is a mod that disables it completely, but in the meanwhile the most similar option would be setting all lots to off the grid!

Hope these ideas help! :)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    It could work if they fixed the Sims personalities along with it. In fact, if they gave the Sims much more personality, reality tv could be really fun. But if I have to make all the drama myself, no thanks.

Back when the Sims 4 was first released, the aspirations were far more difficult. The soul mate one was basically impossible without mods because you had to pick a fight or make a few mean interactions when angry (I don't remember which)). Trying to get angry for long enough to actually do the interaction without mods just wasn't happening. They changed the aspirations instead of the personalities.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    It definitely seems like that’s what it’s leaning towards with both the pig chef and flirty plumbob hints.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    I LOVE reality tv, it can truly be a deep dive into human interaction and psychology, while also of course being full of drama. And I enjoyed Juno Birch Big Brother videos on yt, but for a reality tv EP (it really should be like a gp or smth) you'd need tonnes of improvements when it comes to interaction and relationships. And....there are like 50 EP's I'd rather have before that
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    You could be right. It definitely seems to turn in that direction. Plus it's keeping with the theme of 2020 being different and not really something many simmers asked for.

But of course if it's well done it should be a good pack. I am now more curious than I was before. If this is the next EP I actually might look forward to it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    You might be right OP, so many are talking about gurus talking about food as a hint to the next pack. I have no idea. However, I wouldn't be interested in the sort of pack you described or some of it was in a survey. I don't watch low brow reality shows. If I did watch like some in my family I would think the world is a very bad place with all that back stabbing and back biting that goes on. I think I might have made my Sims in TS2 go do a food competition a few times. It was neat to watch the first few times. But once you see it, it's not much more entertaining than watching a cartoon on repeat a few times. Same with dance contests, and or any other thing a Sim can 'win'. It was ok but not all that in my opinion. I know a lot of people just loved FreeTime, some because of the different competitions like in reality TV shows. But those things were the least favorite things to do. Been there, done it. I also didn't care to watch TS3 Sims participate in a chess competition. Not unless we were going to zoom in and play the game ourselves and win a the game for real against the computer Sim. There doesn't take much brain strain to get a Sim to win things in these games so watching them at random try to win isn't all that exciting. And gaining skills has never been very interesting has it, even if it helps a Sim win anything.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,632 Member
    Hm, I don't see how a reality TV theme can fill an EP? Sounds more like a GP to me... Even if they add a few more hobbies, it's not an EP... there's gotta be something more... what am I missing?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I’d be so excited if this were true! I love reality shows and do a bachelor challenge storyline anyway. This would make things easier. Crossing my fingers!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    What if the pink plumbob lamp was not set to flirty... but instead just pink. Meaning the pink plumbob lamp reward, which I believe was the reward for owning ts3 showtime. So what if the next expansion is a performance EP and not reality tv? I mean, showtime was my least favorite so I'd be pretty meh about either.
    @Darkshadow608 Pink was actually Late Night, but we already have celebrities, vampires, and a city.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    @Simtown15 Actually Late night was red, Showtime was pink. I use the red one in my 100 baby home, they do indeed give off flirty vibes.
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    not something I'd ever think I wanted, but definitely unique so I'd be interested
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I think reality tv/bands should have been in get famous, and though I love baking, we have dine out and get to work, so a competitive cooking/reality ep would feel like a cash grab.

I think romance/better interactions should be in the base game, but wouldn't be horrified if cooking competitions were a small subsection of a romance pack. Would much prefer romance over a winter ep, (especially as we already have seasons) but tbh, I'm only really looking forward to a generations/historical pack, or at least, something that provides a large amount of actual gameplay.
  • Dragon_KweenDragon_Kween Posts: 43 Member
    Completely mixed feelings, I'll have to wait until it comes out to fully form my opinion, I didn't buy the Star Wars pack because I wasn't interested in what it was promising, so we shall see with this next one. However with the content I've been exposed to lately, I don't want to hold my breath with expectations.
    Cool story, needs more dragons - Cries in baguette

Looks like you’re right. I found this in the patch notes:F577150-D-0318-4-D27-B2-B1-1-D59-D97-EC097.jpg
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Looks like you’re right. I found this in the patch notes:F577150-D-0318-4-D27-B2-B1-1-D59-D97-EC097.jpg

LOL is that a reference to Big Brother? It seems like a pretty direct clue ;)