March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could it be ? Next expansion is....

SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
So I’ve been looking through the survey archives and 1 pack that was outlined was

GET REAL described as:
It’s time to become a reality star! Join the cast of Sliced n Diced to compete against other chefs. Finding Love to become the most desired bachelor/bachelorette or Runway Takeoff to become a fashion design star.

With that in mind a lot of hints and stuff speculated have been about love and finding love pack so that’s covered there. This also ties In the pig chef and I’ve just read a Few things tonight on food tweets from gurus or something? So that would tie in as well.... updates are coming to hairstyles too ? Is that to coincide with the fashion star one?

Could this be the next pack .... that image of the chef pig would certainly make sense and all the love speculation... maybe they add a pop idol style competition and introduce bands too so it would cover that as well !

What are your thoughts !
Called it first if it is true haha
Post edited by SeanBobbyG on

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,347 Member
    I enjoy watching competition Reality shows (Top Chef, Great British Bake off, Project Runway, Cupcake Wars, etc.)

I don't want to participate in one, even though my sims.

To date, I've only bought one pack strictly for the Build/Buy/CAS and not touched the Gameplay elements at all. If this is true, this would make two.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I enjoy watching competition Reality shows (Top Chef, Great British Bake off, Project Runway, Cupcake Wars, etc.)

I don't want to participate in one, even though my sims.

To date, I've only bought one pack strictly for the Build/Buy/CAS and not touched the Gameplay elements at all. If this is true, this would make two.

I’d love my sim to be a reality star I love the get famous expansion this would add more depth to it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    You could be spot on!! I wouldn't be surprised. I'm super suspicious of all the food they keep posting.. just seems excessive. For the last few days, like today simuguruninja daughter slipped him a letter about food. Could be coincidence but definitely a lot of food going around 😅😅😅
    If that's what it turns out to be I'm not sure how i feel about that....🤔
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ick, I hope not. I'm not interested in reality TV, chefs, or more fashion influence in my game (or in real life for the most part). But yay for you if it is!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    edited September 2020
    You could be spot on!! I wouldn't be surprised. I'm super suspicious of all the food they keep posting.. just seems excessive. For the last few days, like today simuguruninja daughter slipped him a letter about food. Could be coincidence but definitely a lot of food going around 😅😅😅
    If that's what it turns out to be I'm not sure how i feel about that....🤔

Probably unrelated but with everyone’s speculations about a love pack and now a food chef one they tie in well with together with this theme. Ah i think I’d quite enjoy it but would want a singer one ...
    I’ve also thought they’re doing update to base game hair styles too could be to do with the fashion one
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    edited September 2020
    If it has a Las Vegas build/buy I could be on board. And more recipes are welcome. Not interested in reality tv though (it's so 2000 aka the original Survivor).

Yes their posts definitely mean something, I couldn't figure out what.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Anything but that. Please, anything but that.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    I would prefer a medieval pack over that. I’m tired of anymore “fame gain” or reality tv. If they learned anything from star wars, they will stop producing packs that some might not care for
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,428 Member
    It is certainly possible since it was on the survey and they are posting a lot about foods the last few days. If it is, that's just one more pack I'll be passing on this year, or waiting until it's dirt cheap. I don't like reality TV in RL and I sure don't want the "over the top" drama the Sims team would dream up for it in the game.

But if it is, I'll be happy for anybody who wants it
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    edited September 2020
    This seems like one of those themes that are abrangent enough that even if you are not interested in the theme per se it might add a lot of general stuff that will please a huge number of people.

This will be specially true if they expand the romantic options in this pack.

But I'm not gonna lie, I do like reality shows so I might be biased.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 427 Member
    You know, I think I might enjoy this pack. Even more so if it encompassed more than cooking. Performing? Visual art, design, fashion? Wilderness survival? Good old trashy, trainwreck-syndrome-inducing drama?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Ugh please NO
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    I'm not jumping on the hate-train. I dislike Star Wars. I dislike Disney commercials with empty shells & rabbit holes & alien socks. But I love Sims 4. I like Eco Living.

Maybe we can finally cook in our own restaurants?
    Maybe we'll have gambling?
    Maybe the CAS and build/buy will be awesome.

I don't like reality shows - but I don't like clubs and I love Get Together. I don't like vampires, buy I love the vampires pack.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No thanks. I'd hate it.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I'd actually really enjoy playing through a silly sims version of the bachelor / bachelorette.

If it is a reality TV game pack, it would be cool if it was somewhat customizable like holidays in Seasons or clubs in Get Together so that you could make your own reality shows to participate in. There are so many cheesy old dating shows from MTV in the early 2000's that I would totally remake in my game :D The Calientes would make excellent participants.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    If it is it will be yet another pack that I will not get unless they add bands concert venues and Rock Festivals (Think Download) That you can go to as a punter or a performer.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,336 Member
    The bachelorette thing might be fun. Imagine winning your husband/wife on a competition show. :lol:
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,880 Member
    I'm one of those weird people who doesn't even have a TV. Ok technically I own one of those old fat chunks of hardware, but I've not used it in 2 years, and that only to play PS2 version of sims, and watch movies. I don't care about reality shows in the slightest. BUT, if it came with good CAS and BB, and even new recipes and maybe new stuff for my sims to do......? Yes, sure. I'll get it.

I'll see what we get when we get it.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I'm one of those weird people who doesn't even have a TV. Ok technically I own one of those old fat chunks of hardware, but I've not used it in 2 years, and that only to play PS2 version of sims, and watch movies. I don't care about reality shows in the slightest. BUT, if it came with good CAS and BB, and even new recipes and maybe new stuff for my sims to do......? Yes, sure. I'll get it.

I'll see what we get when we get it.

I literally thought I was the only one left in the world still playing the PS2 versions lol.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,206 Member
    Not something I desparately need, but I would be interested if it's compatible with the fame system from Get Famous (which may seem like a given, but with the Sims team and their weird priorities, you never know).
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,858 Member
    I really think it's going to be a mountain retreat, winter type activities like what they strongly were fishing for in the survey at the beginning of the year. Maybe hotels and romance themes added in as well

But it if were reality TV that's another (for me) disappointing release for the year. I'm glad for those who would want it though, maybe 2021 will be better o-O
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I surmised that we might get a reality tv pack after they started The Sims Spark'd. However, the chef pig is supposedly a reference to Star Wars, not reality tv.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,336 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I surmised that we might get a reality tv pack after they started The Sims Spark'd. However, the chef pig is supposedly a reference to Star Wars, not reality tv.

There's no fine dining in the Star Wars pack. Personally, I don't think the pig was a reference to Star Wars.
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I really think it's going to be a mountain retreat, winter type activities like what they strongly were fishing for in the survey at the beginning of the year. Maybe hotels and romance themes added in as well

I really hope you're right - Winter activities/Mountain retreat is such a great theme for an EP in my opinion! (:
    Z5yqGx5.png