Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should "Worlds" be closed off?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    No - It's nice to have them all be able to visit each other.
    I want the freedom for my sims to move between worlds and travel. Walk by sims and visitors to community lots should be sims of that particular world where they show up. But other than that, I want worlds to be linked in one save.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited September 2020
    nah, I like it the way it is, I see the "worlds" more like neighboring areas of the same country and I want my sims to be able to go everywhere. Also I fear there'd be too many NPCs running arround otherwise.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited September 2020
    It should be a bit of financial hassle to travel to the vacation worlds, particularly Seladorada, but not out of reach for a sims at level 2 or 3 in their career. Worlds like Galaxy's Edge, if we are to treat it as an actual place rather than a theme park, should require a quest to access. Also, a small charge, say 10 to 20 Simoleons, same as a commuter train ticket to travel to another ordinary world like Willow Creek, maybe more expensive for Sulani and Strangerville..

But as mentioned above, Sims from other worlds should show up less when we aren't in their world,

EDIT, spelling reshuffling
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don’t know about anyone else but I find travelling to and from “worlds” that must span a large geographic area (considering their varied climates and landscapes) within the span of an afternoon to be extremely immersion-breaking.

I try to avoid doing it.
  • Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I don’t know about anyone else but I find travelling to and from “worlds” that must span a large geographic area (considering their varied climates and landscapes) within the span of an afternoon to be extremely immersion-breaking.

I guess it doesn't seem that weird to me because I live near the ocean but if I drive for a few hours in one direction I'm in the snowy mountains, four hours in another direction and I'm in a semi-arid desert, two hours in a third direction and I'm at my favourite lake in the middle of the woods... The only Sim-world equivalents that I definitely couldn't get to as a day trip are Sulani, Selvadoria, and Strangerville. Del Sol Valley is kind of borderline since I associate that so strongly with LA which would be a two-day drive.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Toggle - The best of both worlds (ba dum tssh)
    One of the things I like about Sims 4 is that I'm not stuck in one world. It does make things weird when you've cleared out Oasis Springs for the apocalypse and people are jogging by wearing their nice clothes from Willow Springs though.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sorry, I accidently voted for the wrong option when I wanted to vote for "Toggle - The best of both worlds". That's the ultimate principle of a sim game to me, that we must have the ability to configurate the game in the way WE want to play it. I love to be able to move worlds without losing progress, relationships etc, but I HATE that we are forced all worlds at once. I hate to see people who should be from Texas walking down the streets of an european city/hawaian island. Also, all worlds being forced to us is also the only excuse holding the devs from making big worlds. Why don't they just edit the game code to have a circle with a + symbol in the "select a world" menu where we could add/remove a world, and choose if we want it to be inhabited by premades or not, and if we want it to have prebuilt lots?! Why they don't just gives us big worlds and the power to decide if we wanted or not our games to lag with thousands of lots/premade families? We can already change the sim limit recommendation, thats it... The only thing stopping us from doing something should be a warning that we can ignore, not the game itself.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

I guess it doesn't seem that weird to me because I live near the ocean but if I drive for a few hours in one direction I'm in the snowy mountains, four hours in another direction and I'm in a semi-arid desert, two hours in a third direction and I'm at my favourite lake in the middle of the woods... The only Sim-world equivalents that I definitely couldn't get to as a day trip are Sulani, Selvadoria, and Strangerville. Del Sol Valley is kind of borderline since I associate that so strongly with LA which would be a two-day drive.

What about New England (Brindleton Bay), or Europe (Windenberg)?

Also, we can travel to and from these worlds within minutes and hit all of them in one day. If we had to commit a whole day to one place, like the day trip you’re suggesting, I’d be a lot happier with an option to enable that restriction.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Yes - Keep everyone in their own worlds
    asimbsim wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to choose, and be able 'link' or 'unlink' particular neighbourhoods. I don't like sims from Willow Creek just showing up in say, Sulani, when my sims visit. It makes it feel really unrealistic. But I like my sims being able to visit other neighbourhoods.
    I used to enjoy the feature (I think from TS2) where sims you met on holiday would be able to come and stay at your house for a few days.

So, maybe I'd like each world to be their own world, so random townies from your home neighbourhood dont just show up everywhere you go. But the ability to travel to other worlds too - so maybe just stricter controls over townies and other sims would be a good solution?

This.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like having options, my favorite lots to go to are all in different worlds and it makes new content and packs much more usable in every day gameplay when you can just go between the worlds easily.
  • Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    What about New England (Brindleton Bay), or Europe (Windenberg)?

Also, we can travel to and from these worlds within minutes and hit all of them in one day. If we had to commit a whole day to one place, like the day trip you’re suggesting, I’d be a lot happier with an option to enable that restriction.

Windenberg reminds me a lot of Leavenworth, WA, which is again just a few hours from me.

sNbs7BF.jpg
    5qxy4Uf.jpg

And a local 'village' (actually a neighbourhood in a nearby suburb) could totally pass for Brindleton Bay.

ln3OYDR.jpg
    d8rT2C8.jpg

I realize that this is somewhat unique to the part of the world I live in, and I'm not suggesting that everyone else has the same experience. It's just that, for me personally, being able to visit most of the worlds and go home in the same day, or seeing locals from those worlds pop up in other ones, doesn't feel odd at all. I avoid having the career that makes you do tasks in Sulani unless I actually live there, because that's immersion-breaking to me. But that's just the thing - if I don't want to travel to more distant worlds as a day trip, I just don't do it. I definitely don't want the game to tell me I can't!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Essentially being able to visit other world without losing relationship and stay there indefinitely is possible in TS3 the devs just didn't implement it but they made the framework for it and twallan found a way to make it work
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Yes! First the idea presented in TS4 looked cool and like an improvement but now I totally feel like is one of the worst things about the game. A save has to support every world so the worlds tend to be small, you can't have all the lot types in just one world and also the fact that you can be in Oasis Springs and see sims fro Willow Creek it doesn't make any sence and totally breaks my gameplay style. I guess thats why there's no cars and sims just teleport because this game works in a way that I could be living in Europe and go shopping in Australia in 10 seconds...
    I don't see any advantage of this new system!
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited September 2020
    I clicked too soon. These are my thoughts exactly:
    For me ideally separate fully open worlds and/ or neighborhoods that are always accessible to active sims.
    Townies and premades however, need to be restricted to the world they live in, like in TS3, unless the player invites them.
    The fact that they’re spawning just about anywhere is a huge immersion breaker and one of the major things I dislike about TS4.

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Free travel among all owned worlds is better, in my book, than individual open worlds with connected neighborhoods. My legacy is spread out across six different towns. In TS3, it was much harder to manage that and keep families connected. I voted for "toggle" however. If there is a way to provide both experiences, for those that prefer them, that is obviously the ideal.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Most of the time I like the game how it is but occasionally I play a save in which it would be nice to have the option to close areas off for sims who are resident in a different area.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited November 2020
    The player should always be able to visit wherever they want.

As for NPC Sims, I feel like we should have some degree of *control* of where Sims show up. It's completely out of place for Judith Ward to show up on an empty lot in the Foundry Cove, or for San Myshuno's Uptown residents to show up in the Strangerville bar.

On the flipside however, I have Landgraabs owning properties in San Myshuno and Mortimer Goth working as an university professor in Britechester, so I'd appreciate having a way to make them more likely to appear there.

There should definitely be a way to customize which Sims show up in which worlds.
    Post edited by Lorenerd11 on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm tired of every Sim being in every world so for me I'd say keep every Sim in their own world when not controlled by the player unless its a vacation world/lot but toggles are always the best.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 2020
    There's nothing wrong with it... some people complain they want total Open World like in Sims 3 even when after all the Packs were installed it overloaded the game too much causing freezing and crashing but then some people don't like it... you can't please everyone... but i like it that it's balanced in the middle where we can still roam about the Worlds we just simply have to visit them which is easy enough... just press M on the keyboard to instantly send your Sims wherever they want, if people don't want their Sims to know other Sims in the other Worlds then just don't let them get to know each other and they don't visit just only those in your Sims World.
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    No. I hated how Sims 3 locked my sims in one town while I knew there were other ones.
    In Sims 4 I just use walk by overhaul by Zerbu, it mostly prevents Nancy from showing up anwhere but Oasis Springs. But I love how my sim can start a life in Willow Creek and than move to the Big City and than move to Britchester or something. Sims 4 actually feels like a WORLd. It's one of its best features.
  • SimmerBecca4481SimmerBecca4481 Posts: 11 New Member
    The worlds in ts4 are so small that I feel like I relied way too much on other worlds. If the worlds become bigger then absolutely.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    I think it's fine the way it is and a nice middle ground without being too much for the game to process, you can freely travel to and from Towns no problem just press M while your Sim is selected, send them to an area of the Town and they're there *shrugs* there's nothing long or restrictive about that. I do feel the worlds need to become bigger though for sure and i would somewhat like more space and to be able to build in my own Lots, they don't need to add in lots and lots of space that a lot of us won't use but enough space that we WILL use up, but i miss being able to drag a Lot anywhere and build there.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I prefer the freedom of moving or visiting any world at any time.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    It is probably one of the laziest aspects of the game, development-wise.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    I view the 'worlds' more as states/towns/neighborhoods with some in close proximity to my current home town of Willow Creek and others requiring longer travel times. Even though the loading screens is the same no matter where you're going. There are some 'worlds' my sims travel to daily and others requiring a day trip or extended vacation. I would like a toggle so that sims from vacation worlds and more distant worlds didn't show up everywhere.