Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 5 - for Real ???

2...Next

Comments

• BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    I don't know if I would even buy TS5. I just started playing TS4 after almost a year off from the game. The graphics would have to near RL realistic for me even to consider it at all.

@catmando830 im really hoping this time they will go less cartoony. And allow me to create characters that actually look like people, a bit more. Rather than cartoon characters.
  • BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    Just because sims 5 might have multiplayer or more of a social aspect, doesnt mean it will be a bad game. I truly believe Sims 5 is going to be the best sims game, yet. They've got a lot of feedback to draw from. And the visuals in games now are incredible.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I always assumed Graham Nardone is working on TS5. He working behind the scenes on something. Has this been talked about?
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I just get the feeling that EA doesn't like the single player mode because they can't implement microtransaction as much as if it was an online game. An online game would be nothing more than a glorified mobile game only it would be on your PC, Laptop, or Console. You will basically lose the sandbox and if an "always online" thing should happen .... then for sure I walk away.

I will bet that if Paralives comes out around the same time and EA pushes forward with online multiplayer for TS5 that a LOT of people will raise all kinds of heck and for sure move on to Paralives. Paralives doesn't do it for me graphically, especially the parafolk, but if we are able to tweak everything and make them not so 2D looking then it might be ok. I do like everything they've shown so far as for build mode and so I would rather spend my money on a real "life simulation" game rather than a forced always online MMO/RPG type game.

EA is in trouble for microtransactions with the US government. They liken it to gambling and the government doesn't like the idea of anyone under the legal age gambling especially when kids use their parents credit cards putting their parents into debt because of these microtransactions.

I honestly thought that the Star Wars Sims game would have been better off with all of EA's greedy microtransactions and it being a seperate entity from any of the other sims games. However they might do the micro transactions the way they are done in Sims 3. Where you can pick and choose items from packs.

As for Paralives I would rather have amazing game play over superior graphics. I can handle graphics that aren't as good if I have superior game play and better building options. EA needs to take the competition seriously.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    SoyokoAnis wrote: »
    > @LeCastel wrote:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Without a doubt.
    >
    > Electronic Arts Q3 2020 Earnings Call (this doesn't confirm 5, but might show some light on what to expect):
    >
    > And we're also seeing that the competition nature of The Sims is also rising up. And we're seeing people compare and contrast, not competition in the traditional sports sense, but how they create and what they create and how they use their imaginations and what they're able to build inside of their Sims universes. And so as Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms in a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self improvement, motivations, that this notion of social interaction and competition, like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims FreePlay -- sorry, in The Sims Online many, many years ago, that they will start to become part of the ongoing Sims experience in the years to come. We're very excited. This is a game that, it really doesn't have any competition in its category for delivering and fulfilling these motivations for players and we think it's a tremendous growth opportunity for us for many, many years to come.

That is very exciting to think about.

They thought that they held the community over a barrel. They had us and we had nowhere else to go, so we'd take whatever they gave us and we'd like it or lump it.

Thankfully, the bolded print is no longer true. We've got options. EA/Maxis had better recognize or die entirely, as the SimCity franchise did.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited September 2020
    The question is not "if", it's "when". The game is definitely being developed, people just don't know when it will come out.

I hope they take their time and do a solid job at it because if it's anything like the current iteration. I'm done. I'm playing Sims 3 till I can't play it anymore.
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    If Paradox or even Paralives comes out with a better Sim than EA/Maxis can offer, I suspect that EA/Maxis will release a completely online version of The Sims, hoping to provide a "new and exciting" experience. If the online version doesn't fly, they'll throw their hands up in defeat and declare that the audience is no longer interested in a Sims game.

If SimCity is anything to reflect on, I would warn people well away from The Sims online.

Also, I think they'll be one more "phase" before defeat - The Sims 1 or 2 (or both) remastered.

If Sims 2 gets remastered...I'm in... Missed out on that. (Yeah...yeah... I know. I was raising a family...and trying to build up a photography business back then...)

Hell...I hope they put Sims 3 in 64bit too. But doubt that'll happen since it will draw people away from El Quatro. Let's just hope that El Cinqo isn't El Stinko.
    Cynna wrote: »
    SoyokoAnis wrote: »
    > @LeCastel wrote:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Without a doubt.
    >
    > Electronic Arts Q3 2020 Earnings Call (this doesn't confirm 5, but might show some light on what to expect):
    >
    > And we're also seeing that the competition nature of The Sims is also rising up. And we're seeing people compare and contrast, not competition in the traditional sports sense, but how they create and what they create and how they use their imaginations and what they're able to build inside of their Sims universes. And so as Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms in a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self improvement, motivations, that this notion of social interaction and competition, like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims FreePlay -- sorry, in The Sims Online many, many years ago, that they will start to become part of the ongoing Sims experience in the years to come. We're very excited. This is a game that, it really doesn't have any competition in its category for delivering and fulfilling these motivations for players and we think it's a tremendous growth opportunity for us for many, many years to come.

That is very exciting to think about.

They thought that they held the community over a barrel. They had us and we had nowhere else to go, so we'd take whatever they gave us and we'd like it or lump it.

Thankfully, the bolded print is no longer true. We've got options. EA/Maxis had better recognize or die entirely, as the SimCity franchise did.

You can see those who have left to go play Sims 3 to see just how they're reacting. EA really needs to take a good hard look at WHY...and not try to just shove things under a rug...saying "No problems here...really...Don't mind the white elephant sitting in the corner...it's not really here...Sims 4 good... Sims 4 plays really well...SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~