Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looks like any default cc skin doesn't work for premade sims in base or EP worlds?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi, I had this issue in Starlight Shore, Show Time World. I activated Luck family, they were totally in EA default vanilla skin even though I've been using Navetsea Model version in MTS for a long time. And I heard the same issue for a couple of times from my other simmer fellows. One had the issue with Isla Paradiso, and the other one had it with Sunset Valley. No issues with CC worlds and Store worlds. is there anyone experienced this?

Comments

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Where they're icon is them with pitch black bodies? That happens to me with a few townies, but in every world, even cc worlds.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Try dragging them to CAS/Stylist with MasterController if you have it installed or use the same mod to make them change outfits. (I'd try the latter one first and the second one if they still don't have their new skin with their everyday outfit)

I'm sure there's a less clunky solution, but it worked for me~
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @HillyBeth
    No they're not black. They look like No cc skintone has been used on them.

@InfraGreen
    Yes it works after them taking into CAS and back. But I cannot do that to every sims in the world. I'd like to know what causes this issue.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Oh don't worry, I want the same. It wasn't fun dragging all of Moonlight Falls into CAS (they have a lot of NPCs and I left no stones unturned)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @InfraGreen Yes I'm the same. Thank you.:)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I usually play in Sunset Valley and have found that the residents are not wearing my default skin. It's not an issue for me because the only time I load a clean SV is to totally annihilate the residents to fill the town with my own. The few residents I do keep get major makeovers which fixes the problem - not that I see it as a problem because I am only interested in my own sims anyway ;)
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Yes, and the mismatch between my CAS Sims and the premades bothered me. A lot. :lol: And I got tired of changing outfits with MC or taking everyone into CAS just to get the skin to show up.

I got so annoyed by the issue I ended up removing the object cache files for the base game and each EP that came with a world. I had no idea if it would work, but now when I load one of those worlds, premades in SV and the EP worlds have the default CC skin right away. :)
  • Options
    starguru wrote: »
    Yes, and the mismatch between my CAS Sims and the premades bothered me. A lot. :lol: And I got tired of changing outfits with MC or taking everyone into CAS just to get the skin to show up.

I got so annoyed by the issue I ended up removing the object cache files for the base game and each EP that came with a world. I had no idea if it would work, but now when I load one of those worlds, premades in SV and the EP worlds have the default CC skin right away. :)

How do you remove the object cache files? Should I reinstall entire game? Can i ask what patch version is your game? I feel I didn’t have this issue on the patch1.67. I found this issue while i was playing on the patch 1.69.

• Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    How do you remove the object cache files? Should I reinstall entire game? Can i ask what patch version is your game? I feel I didn’t have this issue on the patch1.67. I found this issue while i was playing on the patch 1.69.
    All I did was pull out each [world_name].objectcache file from its respective folder (and saved them elsewhere, just in case). My path is C:/Program Files (x86)/Electronic Arts/[pack_name]/Caches. Only BG and EPs that come with a world have a Cache folder.

Not sure why you would do a reinstall? FWIW, I didn't.

I’m on patch 1.67, all disk install and have never used Origin for TS3, but still had the issue of premade Sims stuck in their EA skins instead of using my default CC skin.
  • Options
    @starguru Thank you so much indeed. I've never imagined there would be a cache file there. :D
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2020
    If you're playing on Mac, deleting WorldCache is a big no no. Here's what NRaas Folder Contents FAQ page has to say about it :

edit: never mind... :sweat_smile: I'm on my tablet and I thought I read worldcache being mentioned .
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    @starguru Thank you so much indeed. I've never imagined there would be a cache file there. :D

@Jeansoo

You’re welcome; I hope it works for you if you decide to try it. If you do, I’d recommend removing only one and then testing that world. And OFC, back up your document files in case you make a mistake so you don’t lose saves or other content.

I didn’t either. :lol: I remember reading about this technique somewhere, but can’t find the link now. According to my records, I did this five years ago and haven’t had any problems in that time.

I didn’t like the idea of messing with the program files, but like I said, I was very bothered by the issue. :lol: And recommendations like deleting the other cache files in documents like simcompositorcache.package (which I do after every game session anyway) didn’t help, and neither did deleting the files in worldcache (which, as @SimplyJen mentioned, should never be done for the Mac version).

I did another search online and found a related thread you may find useful. It’s not where I’d originally read about the idea, but the OP’s method was the same thing I did, and the date precedes the release of patch 1.69. https://modthesims.info/t/502230

The only thing I can see that would be incorrect is in the second post. These files have never regenerated for me, but that poster may have also thought the OP was referring to the WorldCaches folder contents in documents.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Happened to me too, but not necessarily on premade, because I played premade and the default skin is applied to them but not to the unplayed household.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @starguru I'm really sorry that I haven't been here for a long time. Thank you so much for your help. Actually, I resolved this issue so easy. :D Unfortunately, I tried deleting object cache but I had no luck, but I still appreciate your idea. It was really simple. I moved all the CCs to other place first, then I opened Starlight shore for a new game. And then, I activated one of the premade sim family, then saved it. I put only one default skintone, then re opened it, then all the sims were having the default skintone. And then, I put other nondefault skintones and checked. It worked! :D I opened other worlds, I could see the sims in default skintone too. But I still have no idea what caused the issue. Anyway, thanks a lot.
    Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • Options
    @Jeansoo No worries. :) I’m glad to hear you found another way to make it work! And perhaps your method will work for someone else. So much easier than CAS’ing one Sim at a time!
  • Options
    @starguru I hope so too. :) Thank you.