Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Feel About An Online Sims Game?

SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
What are your thoughts on Sims 5 being online? What are you worried about or excited for? Considering the previous online Sims games have failed (and that Sims 4 was originally supposed to be online), do you think the same will happen to Sims 5?

Do you think this is a good idea?
。゚゚・。・゚゚。
.~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
 ゚・。・
Post edited by EA_Joz on

How Do You Feel About An Online Sims Game? 157 votes

Yes
7%
crocobaurasketchesIsa_Menezesluthienrisingsmurf45bluecharlesbergHolidayCinnisimsQueenSaraphineCavapoo_KingSantiagoWitt 11 votes
No
89%
icmnfrshwindweaverIdontrcallOolonglongCabelle1863Katlyn2525AprilDawnCamkatBreeNillaPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarTunny1200EvilWitch83tanakakiIsb917SimburianWillowG145elanorbretonhaneulCynna 140 votes
Unsure
3%
stilljustme2RavenSpitJasonschick80CarmillaVampireSimAlexandriaSimmerGeorge 6 votes

Comments

• SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    No
    Sorry, this is my first time making the poll and I messed up, the question is supposed to be "Do you think this is a good idea?", not "How Do You Feel About An Online Sims Game?". Also, I didn't see any other discussions like this but sorry if this already existed.
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    No
    Schmoloop wrote: »
    Sorry, this is my first time making the poll and I messed up, the question is supposed to be "Do you think this is a good idea?", not "How Do You Feel About An Online Sims Game?". Also, I didn't see any other discussions like this but sorry if this already existed.

Hi! There's a gear icon on the right side of the title. Click on that to change the title of your thread and edit the content of your original post.

• Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    No
    If it's limited to a sort of community hub, in a self-contained online world that we can avoid if we want to, I'd be fine with that. It could also be fun to have a feature where we can invite other players to join Sims at one of our houses or on an outing. (I'd only ever do this with my brother, but since we don't get to see each other as much as we did in the Before Times, it could be a fun way to hang out. Something different from video chats anyway.)

Anything more than that, though, and I'm going to be taking a hard pass on TS5.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No
    I'd rather not.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    No
    I don’t have friends as an adult & honestly I’m afraid of playing with weirdos or trolls. It might even become another dating simulator which is definitely not what I want.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    No
    No interest at all. I don't feel the need to be connected to other players while playing. And I want to play even if my Internet connection is interrupted. The only thing worse than always online would be a forced subscription, that would be an absolute deal breaking
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    No
    A resounding NO. My games belong on my hard drive, not on some cloud service
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    No
    The only ‘online’ I’m ok with is a gallery feature so players can share each other’s creations. I find it works well in TS4.

But I certainly do not need micro-transactions or be connected to other simmers during gameplay. Let me be on my own cloud, not a collective one.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    No
    To expand on my thoughts a bit, I think it would be fine if online or multiplayer was voluntary, but it should never be forced upon us--we should have a choice
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    No
    Justin wrote: »
    I don’t have friends as an adult & honestly I’m afraid of playing with weirdos or trolls. It might even become another dating simulator which is definitely not what I want.

Agreed. The thought of a Sims game being online when I was like, between 10-15 I would probably have thought it was going to be the greatest thing ever, but as a late 20 something definitely not. I like MMOs just not in a Sims game.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    No
    I prefer the sims to be an offline game. The gallery is okay, but I hate it that many games depend on an internet connection, even when they are a single player. I've played a mmorpg after moving house into another country for my job, the lag was unbearable, I mean really unbearable with over 1200 ms and lags spikes with over 10000 ms. That doesn't make fun to play, I had quit playing that game for a couple of years. It would be pity if this happened with sims too. And origin sucks when buying games from a credit card which is connected to your home country, but you live in a different country. Also you can't buy a game in your own language, when it's not offered in this origin region.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2020
    No
    It's not worth it just so we can see each other and talk to each other online in a sims game.

No speeding up time
    Gameplay will have network lag
    No mods
    Extended loading times
    Restricted relationships
    No way to load an old saved game

And other problems.

And hey EA, if you are reading this, it also sounds very expensive. Because you would have to host all these worlds yourselves. We can't host them because the worlds would go down when we (the host) goes offline.
  • MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    No
    Gods no.
    Once again, it's my sandbox, my world, and you're not invited.
    (universal "you", not directing that at anyone specifically 😊)
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    No
    If I want an online game, I would play second life.

I just hope they don't make this online feature with only young adults.

Doubt I will use the online feature and rather play it offline.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Unsure
    it would really depend on how it's done, maybe if they made like one "shared world" while all other worlds remain offline only.
    Or if you could visit other peoples worlds only by invite, kinda like Animal Crossing and the host can set rules for visitors.

But I wouldn't want an online only game, where everyone shares the same space/world all the time, I too feel that goes against the sandbox idea and creating your own worlds and stories and so on, cause people could mess it up for one another.
    If they ever made such a game, I think it should be a standalone game in addition to Sims5 not instead of, like TES online is for the TES series, same Universe and all but seperate from the original series/games.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yes
    The first post had many questions in it. :smile: I answered to this one:
    Considering the previous online Sims games have failed (and that Sims 4 was originally supposed to be online), do you think the same will happen to Sims 5
    I really don't have much faith in any future online sims game. If you only look at Twitch streamers and they hardly do any playing because most of the time they just chat.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    No
    Anything that puts more than the gallery online would be a solid NO from me.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Yes
    The only reason I don’t feel like playing atm is cause it feels lonely.
    It doesn’t have to be like multiplayer more like maybe 2-player or maximum 5.

But it would probably require more servers or even servers hosted by players themselves (like minecraft or rust)
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No
    No! All that will do is dummy down the AI again (think Sims 4.5) and limit the worlds again (because TS4 for was supposed to be online).

I play to destress from RL, I don't want RL intruding on my time, I don't want to be social when I'm creating something or telling my story.

There's already Second Life and IMVU for people who need to be in a virtual world with other players.

How would families work? Who would be controlling children and toddlers? How would aging work?

No! No! and NO!
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    Yes
    There should be options to play online or alone. Even if there’s an option to play online, there need to be controls so you can play with certain people only.
  • Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    No
    They'd also have to either severely limit what we can do in the game or let it be be overrun by twelve-year-olds causing as much mayhem as possible all the time because they think it's funny.

(I'd have edited this onto my original post, but I'm still too "new" apparently and the forum won't let me do that.)
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    No
    No. If Sims 5 is online,then we'll have to put up with online daters,scammers,spammers,hackers,trolls,cyber-bullies,griefers,exploiters,people begging for Simoleons, lag,crashing,and other problems of online game play.

I hope Sims 5 is kept as an offline game.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    No
    I have absolutely no interest at all in an online version of the Sims.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Unsure
    If it's anything like the old mobile/facebook type things - no
    If it includes microtransactions - no
    if you play together with people - no

If by online you mean more features like the gallery, maybe use the mailbox to send gifts to approved friends, etc. then yeah that's fine.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Unsure
    If it's well done then I am open for new experiences. Important thing is you can still play the game the way you want to and it has not crazy restrictions.
    If they want to include an online mode, I'm up for it.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?