Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If You've Actually Played the Star Wars pk Personally...

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
NOTE: If you have not played the Star Wars Pack first hand and have no intention of getting it ever, this is not the right thread to post your displeasure or troll teh comments. This is also why this is not a poll.

Since the other poll had a lot of input from players who have not played and do not ever intend on playing the Star Wars pack I thought I'd be a little more specific in requesting player impressions of the new pack only from player's who've actually played it.

If you've played the Star Wars pack personally, how do you like it? (It is ok to say if you didn't care for it and why after playing it).

How are you playing this pack? Are you doing straight-up Star Wars gameplay? Going for a post-apocalyptic style? Having a good time with the build and or cas items? Expanding your alien gameplay? Or are you still exploring it? ETA: As per player feedback and what I forgot to add in here: Or maybe playing a steampunk theme, industrial theme or using it as a theme park/amusement park?

Are you finding it or do you think it will be versatile play wise?

What are the coolest things from this pack so far?

If you could tweak just ONE thing, what would you adjust? Just one, please.

Post edited by Catzilla on

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I'm playing through the Resistance missions with a new sim since yesterday and I'm not going to lie, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm planning on having Yaretzi match up with a stormtrooper at some point. A little romance with the enemy will make for some good drama. So I'm definitely still exploring it.

For a storyteller like me, I think it will definitely be versatile.

The coolest thing are the missions. I like that kind of gameplay and the fact that you have to think about how you want to be doing stuff because you have to be stealthy.

If I could tweak one thing, it would be the tooltips for some of the missions. I feel like it assumes you're familiar with Star Wars a little too much but it hasn't been too bothersome.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @Duvelina That's great! Romancing the enemy, good one, that should be loads of fun! Good to know about the tooltips.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    So far I’m having a lot of fun with this pack.

How are you playing this pack? Are you doing straight-up Star Wars gameplay?
    I do Star Wars inspired gameplay, although I’m not playing with existing Star Wars characters. I’m playing as a smuggler and so far I’ve only been doing smuggler missions and two resistance missions (with his lady friend). I’m taking it real slow which suits my play style.

Going for a post-apocalyptic style?
    That’s the plan! The BB items are great for this kind of gameplay and I’m organizing a save for my survivalist sims.

Having a good time with the build and or cas items?
    Indeed I am! I’m loving the BB and debug library and I’ve been making full use of it in my builds.

Expanding your alien gameplay?
    I am planning to. Perhaps with my steampunk professor dude (in yet another save).

Or are you still exploring it?
    Always exploring.

It’s versatile for me, because I never rush through missions. Therefore they don’t get too repetitive. My sims live on another planet (Sulani) and follow another story there. Going to Batuu is just one of their side missions. Being a builder and CAS creator also makes it versatile for me. If I don’t feel like following a story, I’ll either work on a build or create a new sim.

CAS, BB and that curved Cantina bar. Also the droids. Love those fellas.

I’d like my droid’s interactions to be the same outside of Batuu. I need them to follow my sim around wherever he goes. It’s the only thing that actually bothers me about the pack. My R unit is not a toy. It’s a ‘person’.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've just gotten started with it, but I'll give my opinions anyway, since that's what internet users do. :)

If you've played the Star Wars pack personally, how do you like it? (It is ok to say if you didn't care for it and why after playing it).
    It has potential. I was delighted to find out that mermaids could thrive on Batuu. It's sort of fun not worrying much about my Sims' needs. I love that stormtroopers and others may interrupt Sims' tasks.

How are you playing this pack? Are you doing straight-up Star Wars gameplay? Going for a post-apocalyptic style? Having a good time with the build and or cas items? Expanding your alien gameplay? Or are you still exploring it?
    The build/buy items are terrific. I've had a lot of fun with them. I wish that all of the outfits could be separated from the boots. Our wonderful modding community has been quick to fix some of the issues that could have made the pack less fun for me, so that's wonderful. The tasks are interesting, and the NPCs are great. I love Hondo Ohnaka! It's fun that there are different paths for different personalities. For instance, my mermaid/Strangerville Hero Sim went to save the resistance, while her challenging brother gets to chill with Hondo, make money, and break into things. I'm also playing Ben Organa (named before Ben Solo became canon), Rey, and Chewbacca fighting for the resistance, so both semi-straight-up Star Wars gameplay and other weird stuff. No post-apocalyptic styling for me -- 2020 is post-apocalyptic enough, lol.

It doesn't seem very versatile so far, other than the fun build/buy items. But it sounds like lightsaber fencing could be used on other worlds, which would be a fun versatile touch. For people who are into having their Sims vacation, it could be another fun destination world, but I don't like doing Sim vacations myself.

For me, the coolest thing is just seeing different-looking creatures running around! I love all the face tentacles and such. I love having a new game table, and it's fun having build/buy objects that are a little different looking.

I would make Batuu into a regular residential world instead of only a vacation world. I really dislike vacation worlds personally.

I suspect that I will grow to love this pack over time. That always seems to happen as I integrate packs into my regular play.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am enjoying it more than I expected.

I took an established (skilled) singleton Sim to explore with, and then built a residential lot with the JtB BB assets. One indication that I am enjoying the pack was that I wound up getting my Sim a boyfriend.

Slightly inconvenienced by the Sept. 3 patch breaking Freelancer career, but my Sim had plenty of simoleons banked, and can toss off paintings and publish books to keep money rolling in.

It is definitely a niche pack, but I am an old school Star Wars nerd all the way back to 77, so it is definitely my niche. Even so, I don't expect to make any if my Legacy households about it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    If you've played the Star Wars pack personally, how do you like it?
    I am enjoying it quite a lot more than I thought I would when the speculation first started about the pack.

How are you playing this pack? Are you doing straight-up Star Wars gameplay? Going for a post-apocalyptic style? Having a good time with the build and or cas items? Expanding your alien gameplay? Or are you still exploring it?
    I am playing it with a supernatural spellcaster family. I am doing some Star Wars gameplay with the scoundrel and first order factions with a couple that are helping each other out. I do love playing post-apocalyptic style too. CAS items I think I am enjoying as much as the Eco Lifestyle ones because nice to not have perfect looking clothing, but more worn out and layered clothing, but not my main style of play. I think it is still lacking in kid CAS like all the other packs. I am enjoying the building and works well with a lot of the other packs. I love Steampunk style in general. I am still exploring it, but hasn't been a pack I have solved in a few days like I did with City Living and Strangeville as far as gameplay goes, so replayability is pretty fun so far with the pack. I still need to design a build today.

I do think it is more versatile for players that play with families and less modern and trendy single Sim households. It is more story driven like Sims 3 professions and Get Famous and Get to Work and City Living and Strangerville, but there are non-story quests to do too and you don't have to play the storyline. Apparently with MCCC you can unlock a lot of the items too.

The coolest things are probably all the references to older Star Wars movies. There are some references to the newer ones too, but not as much besides with some of the NPCs. I really like the toys for kids which are cute like Nifty Knitting ones. The lightsabers and droids and being scared from the dark side are pretty cool too.

If I could tweak one thing, it would be to design our own missions for the pack like you can with holidays with Seasons. It would make it more versatile for those that aren't Star Wars fan to plan their theme park adventure and for those that like to play more sandbox.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited September 2020
    I have been catching details from the pack (bb and Cas items) in the films and TV series. Example, the hat worn by this beneficiary of the Ghost crew in Rebels is typically worn by mission NPCs in Oga's Cantina:

9yOEA4G.png

I've been re-watching various favorites, to see how sets are dressed, etc. with an eye toward Build/Buy. I keep spotting things from the pack elsewhere in the franchise. This is like a new sport!
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I have not taken any Sims to Batuu yet. This pack has inspired me and I am in the process of totally rebuilding Oasis Springs and dressing all the premade Sims and townies. I am creating new Sims to move into what I build. I am working on skill building 3 Sims. One Sim for each faction. I am guessing the Sims will need logic, charisma, handiness and rocket science. All 3 Sims are active so lots of working out also. I remember playing Strangerville with unskilled sims and that did not work out so well. They needed skills and some rank in the military to do certain things. So doing it right this time.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2020
    This pack is the only reason why I’m playing Sims 4 right now to be honest. Nothing against the earlier packs of the year (and I did buy them) but I just didn’t have the interest in really getting into playing. Didn’t quite have the playing hook I was looking for. But I’m a dyed-in-the-wool Star Wars nerd who pretty much eats, sleeps, and breathes this fandom. I was supposed to have gone to Galaxy’s Edge back in August during SWCA 2020, but the Ones of Mortis had other plans. So playing this game pack kind of makes up for not being able to go (and even though I bought 2 copies, one for me and one for a friend, I still spent a LOT less money than if I had been in Anaheim a few weeks back.)

I’ve got a couple saves using this pack. Still working in my Star Wars one, which is a save for this incredibly long story a friend and I have been working on for half our lives. I’ve got a bunch of characters (canon and Legends) plus our two personal characters and I’m hoping to use it as a visual context for writing. On another save, I’m pretty much my simself treating Batuu as if it were Galaxy’s Edge the Park (and running around in my Flagship Eclipse Detachment racing shirt trying to make friends with everyone from the Resistance, scoundrels and FOTKs). Third save is a fun one doing all 3 missions with 3 of my recreated characters from SWTOR. I’ll probably end up playing a fourth save where I have a character try and live in Batuu for as long as I can and take screenshots of her adventures.

I love the build/buy items. They’re just so Star Warsy. And the CAS items. I’d really like to try and recreate a few of my 501st costumes (mainly the biker scout and Visas Marr) and wear them around Batuu In the virtual world since it wouldn’t be allowed at the real place (I’m bounding Visas if I can though when I finally get down to Anaheim. She was my second costume and is my co-favorite with my biker scout)

I think it’s versatile, but I grew up with the EU books so I can visualize the fandom pretty well and as I said, have been writing a story an epic saga with a friend so I’ve had to be creative in writing. I’m seeing some pretty entertaining possibilities with this pack, but I’m also easy to please because I’m a geek on this particular fandom and if pretty much says Star Wars in the tin, I’m likely to dig it (although I have to admit, I’m having a hard time with Resistance because I can’t stand Kaz as a character)

The Star War! I kid you not, yesterday I put my Simself’s droid into music box mode to listen to Radio Batuu. So my Simself is jiving to the main theme music of the great master, John Williams, in the middle of the square of the First Order District while TKs are walking around her on patrol and I’m watching it all go down and humming LOUDLY along with the music. I probably did this for 10 minutes Real Time, and anyone would probably say it was an inane waste of time but I did mention I’m this big Star Wars fanatic right? Under normal circumstances, I'd probably be dressed up in plastic Biker Scout armor right now, giving people hi-fives and watching my back for murdduh bears … err, Ewoks.

I just love how integrated this world is; from the screen wipe travel transitions (and the music that plays during it) to the level of depth and attention that went into recreating Black Spire Outpost in the Sims. The lore of Star Wars is really really familiar for me, so getting this experience is just fun. Sure, it’s niche, but it’s my niche.

The chance to really live there! It would have been nifty if they had made Batuu a residential world like Glimmerbrook was, and then had one of the Star Tours shuttles as the means of getting to Black Spire Outpost kind of like the magic portal into the magic realm.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm having fun with it. It's different and I'm basically playing the way it's set up to be played only playing with a Scoundrel so far though so I have a lot to still experience.

Well I've sent two sims down the scoundrel route. One is a ghost because I wanted to see how a ghost would do and if they could walk through walls (and some they can). I haven't brought it home yet and by that I mean I haven't used build/buy or CAS outside of that kind of gameplay, because I haven't had time to explore that yet. I haven't expanded alien gameplay if that you mean the alien that were already in the game .. yet. I'm still exploring it .. I might never get to all of it.

Everything I get is versatile for me. I can build a story using just the costumes without ever setting foot on Batuu. I have plans to use the clothing for cult like characters. I can see using the build buy in different worlds to help with challenges.. mostly post apocalyptic as suggested earlier. I can see using much of the stuff that came with the pack for my Star Trek characters and I can also see using a lot of this for my scientist types.
    I'll just fold it in when I need to let actually going to Batuu rest for awhile.

I'm far from exploring it all but I love the feel of the Cantina, some of the music especially when it's kind retro. CAS is wonderful to me. Lightsabers, the looks of the aliens. I haven't even had a droid yet!.. pretty sure I'll like those too.
    I also really like feeling sneaky and trying to set things up so you don't get caught.

It probably wouldn't have worked but I would have liked to live there. I have more than one but shhhh.
    egTcBMc.png
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I like it. The missions are really simple and quick so I kind of wish there were more of them. I already finished one play through with triplet wonder children. My favorite is the scoundrel missions. If I could change a thing I would set it so that after you finished the 3 storylines a livable lot would unlock in each district. You would have to buy it with credits not simoleons. Like Magic town from 1.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

I'm enjoying it. It gives me a chance to revisit some old (very old) characters of mine and visit Galaxy's Edge vicariously, since it's substantially cheaper than going in person, even without the pandemic putting a damper on things. It's been a very long time since I played in the Star Wars Universe, and it's nice to be back.

I know there are other Star Wars video games out there, but none of them really have the flexibility of a TTRPG. Granted, this doesn't either, but it's a lot closer than pretty much any of the other options out there, doesn't require being good at video game mechanics, and isn't retelling one of the movies. Which, in my book, makes it much more enjoyable than any of the other Star Wars Video games out there.

At present, I played for about 3 hours straight, so I'm still working through it. I'm more or less doing Star Wars gameplay, but I'd be perfectly fine with never interacting with any of the cannon characters (except the Millenium Falcon. I love that ship. I love her even more after watching Solo, poor girl.) And so far I've only interacted with Hondo, who was barely in the movies. Eventually I'll play with the build buy, creating a "Serious" Star Wars fan (member of the 501st, with Star Wars knicknacks all over the house, including Lightsabers on display, and maybe a Vader costume on a manaquin in the corner of the office.)

Yes and no. I mean, I can play through the factions in a number of different ways, and while I'm starting with a Scoundrel, I can see my way to coming back with a different sim and exploring the other two. But I don't see myself "casually" taking sims to Batuu. I love it, believe me, but I can admit that it's not very easy to integrate into the rest of the Sims universe.

Light sabers, Droids, the Falcon, and to a lesser extent just how immersive it is. I'm very familiar with Disney's practice of Theatmosphere, and considering it's an add on for a video game, it does an excellent job at recreating that feeling.

I'd make the Dwelling an editable lot, with all the extra bits that would entail.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2020
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I like it, but I cannot say it's a great pack and it's not for your average simmer.
    It's a gorgeous world. The outfits look great. The ships look great. I like the droids.
    09_11_20_8_19_49_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Light Saber fights look great and it's an absolute lie when simmers say EA reused the animations from Get Famous. They are unique animations.
    09_17_20_11_26_54_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

There are things I found disappointing about it:
    -One interactive lot per neighborhood. The rest of the buildings are rabbit holes, including your sim's base camp.
    -Your sims cannot have a home on Batuu.
    -Lightsabers are not a skill by themselves. Your sims skill with a light saber is determined by their fitness skill.
    -It's not really sandboxy. You can't bring anything with you in your inventory to Batuu and even if you add some objects to the one lot, some might not work. The things you bring from Batuu can be brought back however.
    Because of how this game is designed and because of the Star Wars theme, I am treating it like a Star Wars themed amusement park, on the level of Westworld, where your sims go to role-play living life in the Star Wars universe. This is how I am making it fit into normal sim life.

This pack is for my teen sims who love sci-fi, GeekCon, cosplay, acting, and fashion design.
    They attend a prep school with other teens from other neighborhoods and they take vacation trips to the amusement park.
    They cosplay at GeekCon and at my custom cybercafe. They keep adventuring at Batuu as young adults on a break from Uni.
    09_12_20_12_58_03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_14_20_1_36_25_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    09_19_20_10_21_04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_10_50_00_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_10_50_16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_10_50_47_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_10_58_29_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_10_20_6_58_09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_10_20_6_59_26_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_10_20_7_11_29_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_11_20_1_09_36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It probably depends on your imagination, but I do feel like the game is fighting me from using content from other packs in Batuu.
    Like I've stated, I am using it as a vacation destination for my teens and young adults in prep school and Uni.
    I created base camp lodgings below the cantina and I love it. It is so much better than sending my sims to a rabbit hole.
    09_10_20_10_51_16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_10_20_11_10_50_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_10_20_10_56_03_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_11_20_7_16_09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    -The looks and sounds of Batuu
    -Light sabers, ships, and droids.
    -Outfits
    -Sabaac (gambling)
    -Reward traits can be useful
    -Star Wars collectables
    -Scanning objects and finding out things about Star Wars that I did not know, like a certain droid that is actually a walking battery.
    Add Force powers and give them the Vampires and Spellcasters treatment.

Journey To Batuu works for me because it's supporting creative play I have been cultivating in my game for a while.
    The main deal for me is my prep school for University. It has made playing teens much more involved and fun.
    Batuu gives them a break from homework, after-school activities, and skill building. It supports their hobbies and career interests in acting and fashion.
    09_12_20_1_51_07_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Janay Hopson: Uni grad, degree in education, working professor, high parenting skills.
    09_12_20_2_04_37_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_11_33_23_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_11_34_03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

If I get tired of JTB, I will probably have my teens visit Selvadorada, Granite Falls, or the Magic Realm instead.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I have been catching details from the pack (bb and Cas items) in the films and TV series. Example, the hat worn by this beneficiary of the Ghost crew in Rebels is typically worn by mission NPCs in Oga's Cantina:

9yOEA4G.png

I've been re-watching various favorites, to see how sets are dressed, etc. with an eye toward Build/Buy. I keep spotting things from the pack elsewhere in the franchise. This is like a new sport!

I think one of the Resistance hats (the goggles) looks like it’s close, but noooot quite Hera’s. Just needs the covers for her ear cones.

I was watching season 7 of Clone Wars the other night and though Trace Martez’s hairstyle kinda looked like the Sims gal from the official reveal trailer. I wouldn’t think it’s coincidence; wouldn’t surprise me if one of the developers had been watching S7 and realized there was a similar hairstyle in Sims 4 already.
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’m not a Star Wars fan, yet I’m enjoying the pack a lot!

Strengths:

- Build and buy: very versatile for desert towns like Strangerville or Oasis Springs, Steampunk magic and Postapocalyptic worlds. Even for modern industrial apartments or comic shops in Windenburg! The Porg toys are so fun for that. Best use: with debug cheats you can even have functional droids and light sabers for decoration!
    - CAS mode: outfits are amazing, and you can even combine some pieces with normal outfits. For instance Rey’s suit goes great for forest elves! Spell casters can also benefit from it, and your local geek club too. Best use:write cas.unlockbytag GP09 to unlock all suits!

Weaknesses

- Travelling between quarters on missions. If you have an old computer (mine is 2012), expect some lag on loading screens (1-2 minutes, thankfully, not as heavy as in other larger worlds)
    - Batuu outfits imposed: your sim will be dressed with a random batuu outift. You can pick the combination, but sometimes you may want to use items outside the allowed ones (alien clothes from Get to Work for instance). I believe there is a mod to fix it :)
    - Kylo and Rey not prepared to work as normal sims. They don’t have recorded voices for normal interactions outside Batuu commands, they cannot be flirted with by default nor visit you outside Batuu... And if you add them to your family, you will lose them as special NPC characters in Batuu. Workaround: there is a mod available to make them “romance-friendly”. And it is better to save them to your gallery and download them into your normal family. They can be very fun to play! They have special interactions like “Inspire to Join Resistance” or “Enthuse about Crushing the Resistance” and many more, they are always ready to pull their weapons out when they are tense and can spar with lightsabers in the middle of Chic Street. Remember to change their voices though so they don’t sound mute when asking other sims about their day.
    - Alien masks not making sims real aliens like Sixam’s. Workaround: create real aliens and use Batuu’s masks on their alien form. For those with a more human appearance, like Vi, Argon, Rey or Kylo, you can add the “fake alien” trait. It will give them alien powers like erasing memories, and they will be recognized as aliens in the game! :)
    edited September 2020
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I think one of the Resistance hats (the goggles) looks like it’s close, but noooot quite Hera’s. Just needs the covers for her ear cones.

I was watching season 7 of Clone Wars the other night and though Trace Martez’s hairstyle kinda looked like the Sims gal from the official reveal trailer. I wouldn’t think it’s coincidence; wouldn’t surprise me if one of the developers had been watching S7 and realized there was a similar hairstyle in Sims 4 already.

Yeah - Hera Syndulla's headgear is distinctive and hard to match. I have tried to avoid getting drawn into reproducing specific characters, because I am not very good at Sim features to begin with, and then I notice things like "Hera's flightsuit doesn't have a mechanized chest-piece". And the Boba Fett costume is a poor substitute for Sabine's custom-painted beskar.

I know the Resistance 4 goggles hat, though, and it is absolutely one of my favorites. I discovered that since one Sim has unlocked it, it is available for the whole household, which is nice.
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I like it alot, especially playing as a scoundrel.

I got 2 sims on Batuu mostly doing missions (one scoundrel+resistance and one first order), also working on 2 builds atm using the new BB (one steampunk build and one that looks more first ordery).

I would say it is less versatile than most other packs, but then again I haven't done anything outside of Batuu yet except building.

I like the missions alot and how they are done this time, with three factions, multiple sims being able to do missions/join factions (unlike SV), being able to switch factions. Also the BB is awesome!

The new aliens to be new playable lifestates instead of masks/costumes.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited September 2020
    I actually wrote about my likes and dislikes in this post here if you want to check it out in more detail, but I'll also summarise them here and add in any other likes and dislikes I've found since my original post.

I'm really enjoying the pack, and it fits in well with my preferred style of gameplay. I've been playing it since launch day and I'm still having a good time!

I usually start any new game with a single sim household. My sim is climbing the ranks of the scoundrel faction, but I am taking my time with it. I did a few missions for the First Order and the Resistance, but the scoundrel missions are more interesting to me. I've also built my sim a Star Wars inspired home in Oasis Springs.
    jHDsnhF.png

Name: Sierra Irving
    Faction: Scoundrels (Rank 4)
    Aspiration: Galactic Privateer
    Traits: Erratic, Kleptomaniac, Paranoid

Personality: Sierra enjoys being mischievous and collecting treasures. She'll often cheat at Sabacc and swindle as many credits as she can, though this doesn't always go to plan, and usually ends up in fights. She's quite peaceful with the Resistance and enjoys their company from time to time, they also give her tips when training with a lightsaber. She loves to push Lt. Agnon's buttons a lot, whether it's collecting intel on the First Order to sell, or using dataspikes to bypass security, she knows what riles him up. She's also been arrested... a lot.

This pack is very niche, so I don't think it offers a huge amount of versatility unless you use vintage, worn or post-apocalyptic CAS and Build & Buy mode items quite often. I think most of the items go really well with bunker style builds, or builds that are more industrial looking.

I love the lightsabers and droids a lot more than I initially thought. There's a nice variety of kyber crystals and hilts to choose from, and I managed to obtain one of the rare purple kyber crystals and love how cool it looked! The droids are really cute and wholesome, and I like that they can play music and help you out with missions.

I'd prefer Batuu to be a residential world instead of a vacation world. I'd want my sims to have a home there ideally.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm a massive Star Wars fan. Just wanted to get that out there before I start answering the questions, to let you know that I want biased from the start.

It's really good. Like, really really good. The gameplay feels fun, and the world is beautiful. There's a level of challenge to it that I hadn't anticipated (not much, though). It's not the best pack ever, but it's a favourite for sure.

I made a sim and got her to top in all the factions, and I've done all the missions. So yeah, a little bit of straight-up Star Wars gameplay. The cas I'm using a LOT, as it ties in really well with my rags-to-riches style gameplay. I'm building bunkers and steampunk houses all over. So I guess I'm just doing everything :D

There is some versatility, definitely, but I doubt that it'll become my regular play. That said, there are a few of the bb items that I'm gonna use all the time for my nerdy sims. And, of course, if you have a decent imagination you can create some really cool Star Wars stories using the world and the missions.

What are the coolest things from the pack so far?
    All of it! Okay, the droids. Or the hairstyles. Or the world. Or... okay, I can't decide.

Well, I guess I really want force powers, but that's not so much a tweak as a major addition. In terms of tweaking, I'd just like to make the aspirations less buggy, and make it clearer about the faction world states. I guess that's two things. Sorry.
    banner.png
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    I bought the pack when it came out just to try it. I was very vocal about not wanting this pack & not interested in the idea. I still gave it a chance. But I did get a refund after about a few hours of playing.
    I love Star Wars because my dad is a director for Disney & directed the latest ones. So I came in with high expectations. This pack fell short from what Star Wars truly is. It definitely doesn’t belong in the sims. Not because I couldn’t find a way to bring it in my gameplay but because they didn’t execute it well. Rpg style gameplay is not what the sims is known to be good at. (Not counting the older games)

The world was beautiful but everything was dressing. I did not enjoy the little lots there were. I didn’t mind the rabbit holes as much but the “city” is huge & the fact that it was so tiny & they had to highlight what was useable was disappointing because again, it’s just dressing. I did not like that jedi or sith wasn’t a life state or had any real powers. The trailer was misleading on that part. I play occult but playing occult in batuu punishes you. You are not able to use any powers & occult sims should have a better advantage on things then your regular sim. So that was a big no for me. Missions were okay but are all the same after a while & click point click point. I expected more thrill & action. I play a lot of ESO, GWS, PoE etc & I know what actual rpg/gameplay is but this wasn’t it. I actually came in with expectations like KOTOR but I guess that was my fault for having expectations.

My mermaid sim is a scientist. The way I made it work into my gameplay was when she went to work, she received a mission to go to batu by HQ. They wanted her specificity to help the tension between the factions. So off she went via the wormhole portal.

The CAS was great. Except that the alien masks are not full body & are butchered. The hairstyles are really cute & the clothing was good for the theme. But I couldn’t really see any use of using it outside of batuu unless it’s for story reasons. The BB object was good too. Again, it goes well for the theme. But it felt more like a stuff pack for me because it had more items then any other gamepack I had seen. It made me a bit sad to see more effort went into this gamepack then any other pack they’ve released. I think the last time I saw or felt effort was made was with vampires pack.

For me personally, no. Because it limits your gameplay & doesn’t let you play how you want to play. It didnt feel like a sandbox game anymore. A Sanbox game (especially the sims) should never limit your gameplay or what you want to do. I was not able to create the story I wanted. I was only able to create what The sims team wanted me to play.

I would say the droids. But once I brought them home I didn’t like how they were just “play toys”. I would of kept the pack if they would of worked the way Uni bots function. Lightsabers were just for show. They don’t really do much & it’s sad because I actually think lightsabers have more meaning then “oh look at me swinging this around”. It’s something that shouldn’t have been sold on the shop & something you find during an adventure (like explore a cave etc). Again, I just think Everything could of been executed better .

Allow me to play the way I want. Mods shouldn’t be the answer to lift up the restrictions that were made into this pack.

In conclusion, Would I recommend it to a Star Wars fan? Not at all. It doesn’t feel like star wars . Everything felt dumb down & childish for me. This just wasn’t my taste. I’m happy others are finding joy in it but for me? Nah. Different stokes for different folks.
    Post edited by Justin on
  • redwhitenblueredwhitenblue Posts: 4 New Member
    First off I'd like to say I am *both* a huge star wars fan and dedicated Simmer. I have really been looking forward to playing especially since computer issues kept me from playing right away. The first thing I did was jump into CAS and recreate an original character I played in Star Wars Galaxies years ago. She is a twi'lek and I thought it would be so cool to play an alien AS a twi'lek, I am super happy with how she turned out in CAS!

However... the moment I loaded into Batuu I was disappointed. My beautiful twi'lek was missing her lekku, I rushed to the building to change her appearance only to be further disappointed that the alien "hats" aren't available in Batuu.

I threw a hood on her and continued my gameplay but for me it just isn't the same. The world is so immersive, I love the missions and intrigue of sneaking around the storm troopers and can't *wait* to repair the xwing. But it's really missing that feeling I wanted of being this character I loved playing years ago. I really hope they make more clothing items available in Batuu, especially the ones that came with the pack. It would make me so happy to get a picture of her next to the xwing, since that's what I flew in SWG.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm Expanding your alien gameplay would love to see more I think it adds much needed adventure to the game but I'm playing it slowly so I have not done everything
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    First thing I did was get my sim to try the Resistance, then I switched over to the First Order & then the Scoundrels, then she went home with her very own R2 & a cool Purple Lightsaber. I decided to play my single male sim. I gave him all the Batuu cheats, the instantly friendly trait & beigule trait. Once he landed in Batuu I he flirted with some Resistance Ladies, Scoundrel Ladies & First Order Ladies. Then, he tried for a baby with these ladies. He's such a case. Lol. He's now waiting to see if he's a father.🤣😆
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm a Star Wars fan have been since child hood.

I like it. I don't love it but I like it. The aspects are nice and it's awesome that we can have droids and light sabers. The environment is awesome and gives off the Star wars feel.

I've been going for the Star Wars game play. I'm also still exploring the GP as I've only been able to play as a First order member and scoundrel. I'm thinking once I've explored both factions completely I may bring some of the aliens back and give the neighborhoods more of a diverse feel of both human and intergalactic feel. Not just the Sixam aliens.

No, it has too many restrictions and there is no actual Jedi or Sith powers due to lack of occult.

The Droids, though I wish they would function in the same way as they do on Batuu being able to use them off Batuu would be nice other than just talking to it and playing with it like a drone. The number one thing is the Light Sabers. They are pretty much the most accurate thing and they are the most fun thing in the entire pack!

If I could change one thing it would be to have the clone troopers walking around and no first order troopers.

Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me not being able to edit the neighborhood to my liking has made me prejudiced to it and feel this pack should have been treated as an standalone. The other vacation neighborhoods in other packs are editable as far as editing lots. My path to creativity is blocked I brought it as I got it real cheap and not at full price for which I will never pay. The pack may work for some and it may not for others depending on what one is looking for.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen