Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck Object - Solved, Thank You!

elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
I have a stuck object on my lot, which is unfortunately on the very edge (don't ask, lol):
09-18-20_7-20-01%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Anyone know how I can remove it? I have tried so far:

Live dragging (can't pick it up)
Asking sim to throw away (sim can't get to it for some reason)
Shift-clicking with testing cheats on (no delete option, just reset - which does nothing)

Nothing works to get rid of it.
Post edited by elanorbreton on

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Have you tried build mode?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Forgot to mention that! Yes, tried build mode!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm sure you've tried already, but can you sledgehammer it?

The only other thing I can think is maybe the T.O.O.L. mod might work? I've never used it, so I don't know if you can "remove" items with it.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    If you have MCC cheats - shift-click>destroy object
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Reset the lot with travel or going to the main menu.
    Place a floor tile and try dragging or the sledge hammer.
    I have MCCC so I would just destroy.
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    If you have MCC cheats - shift-click>destroy object
    Aww, I got hopeful then. But, nope, didn't bring up the destroy object option. Tried those other things too @AnnLee87

I think you've all probably exhausted my options. What I have just done is copied all the rooms individually to my library, bulldozed the lot and then rebuilt the house from the rooms. Sigh. At least it only took me half hour to figure out exactly how it all went together and add the stairs in the right formation haha.

Thank you all so much for trying to help <3
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have a few things like this in my only save. It bugs me because it’s immersive breaking. I wish & hope that they will add a *delete object* soon. That would be a QoL for me
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't know if there's a mod that allows you to remove or mess with things that are not technically on your lot grid, Ive had that issue with a pile of leaves before, I was not able to rake them, remove them or do anything with them bc it was considered off my lot even tho part was on it. I had to deal with green gas smell and lucky me it was near her mail box so she got debuff every time going to mail box. I would see if there is a mod that can help you get to it so you can remove it, other than that im not sure you can BC of no doing anything that the game doesn't think is on your lot. This is another reason i wish we at least had open neighborhoods, good luck
  • randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    I had that happen to me once too. I wish I could help you, but I never found a way to fix it myself. I will watch this thread to see if you get it fixed, just so that if it happens to me again, I will know what to do, without starting an new savegame.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited September 2020
    if you havent tried try dragging rooms across it when moveobjects is off

ive found that gets rid of most random objects i cant find a way to get rid of cause it tries to move into household inventory but when its not item meant to go there it just disappears boom
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    For anyone interested, TwistedMexi’s all cheats mod (+destroy object fix mod) will allow you to shift click and destroy anything. I use it and it works great.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think if it happens again the TOOL mod is your best bet, you can just move it to somewhere where you can delete it or just use the manual move button from the mod and make the numbers so high it goes out of the world
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Have you tried moving the whole lot and place it again in such a way that the stuck objects is outside the lot boundary line? It will then be deleted.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Have you tried moving the whole lot and place it again in such a way that the stuck objects is outside the lot boundary line? It will then be deleted.
    You are a genius!

Although I had already rebuilt it via the rooms (as explained above) I went back to my older save to see if it would work. Just moved the whole lot one tile to the left and - hey presto - vanished stuck food! I will be sure to remember that, thank you <3