Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom baby bassinet

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
I downloaded a couple alternative bassinets for baby, and now I wonder how I can move the baby from the default bassinet to the new? I know babies are objects, but how can I make use of the downloaded basin? Will I need to place it in the nursery *before* giving birth, or is there another way?

Edit basin bassinet :)
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I downloaded a couple alternative basins for baby, and now I wonder how I can move the baby from the default basin to the new? I know babies are objects, but how can I make use of the downloaded basin? Will I need to place it in the nursery *before* giving birth, or is there another way?

Is it not possible to just delete one basin and add the new one? As far as I know, you can use the same basin for all babies in family, so it's not tied to a specific baby.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I downloaded a couple alternative basins for baby, and now I wonder how I can move the baby from the default basin to the new? I know babies are objects, but how can I make use of the downloaded basin? Will I need to place it in the nursery *before* giving birth, or is there another way?

Is it not possible to just delete one basin and add the new one? As far as I know, you can use the same basin for all babies in family, so it's not tied to a specific baby.

Ah, good idea. I was afraid deleting the basin in use would also harm the baby :) I'll try that, and I can always no-save if it turns out wrong.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    From what I have read (and tried myself when I wanted to create a bassinet) bassinets need to be an override. As in the only way for a custom bassinet to work it would have to "replace" the EA one. You can only have one functioning bassinet in the game. A CC bassinet requires the invisible baby mod to function, which is basically EA's bassinet retextured to be invisible so you don't see it. Then you place your CC bassinet and the invisible modded bassinet on top of that.

https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-mods/title/baby-with-hidden-crib-default/id/1310601/

edited September 2020
    From what I have read (and tried myself when I wanted to create a bassinet) bassinets need to be an override. As in the only way for a custom bassinet to work it would have to "replace" the EA one. You can only have one functioning bassinet in the game. A CC bassinet requires the invisible baby mod to function, which is basically EA's bassinet retextured to be invisible so you don't see it. Then you place your CC bassinet and the invisible modded bassinet on top of that.

https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-mods/title/baby-with-hidden-crib-default/id/1310601/

Hm, thanks for the insight. But the game already has several bassinets, not just one. There is the standard, but in the catalog there is also the alien version, and the hospital version. In my As Sims Go By series, I think I used two versions in the same scene... both now I wonder if my memory fools me, lol. Maybe I tried but failed, I better check that episode...

Edit: Yes, I used both the standard and the hospital one in one scene, which is recorded on a residential lot, btw.
    Season 2 episode 1 at 2:00 and forward. If I only could remember how I managed this, LOL :)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

Hm, thanks for the insight. But the game already has several bassinets, not just one. There is the standard, but in the catalog there is also the alien version, and the hospital version. In my As Sims Go By series, I think I used two versions in the same scene... both now I wonder if my memory fools me, lol. Maybe I tried but failed, I better check that episode...

Edit: Yes, I used both the standard and the hospital one in one scene, which is recorded on a residential lot, btw.
    Season 2 episode 1 at 2:00 and forward. If I only could remember how I managed this, LOL :)

You need a basinette for each baby. You can buy the basinette before or it is placed on the lot by the game when the baby arrives. I have a shop that sells baby stuff and there I have all the basinettes available in game. There is nothing that stops you from having more than one basinette on a lot.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I am using a default replacement (Harrie). I moved my Sims to a bigger apartment and the baby popped into the new one. I had forgotten I added it to my game. I do know that I can only have one default replacement installed.

I never had any luck with the invisible baby mod. The baby would just float and I could never place it into one of the cc cribs even with move objects on. When I placed the baby on a double bed it floated above the bed. When my Sims cared for the baby they stood way back and reached for the baby with weird stretched out arms. I took it out of my mods folder. When I went back to play the baby was gone. It disappeared!

So if you use a default replacement moving would add the baby to the new crib/bassinet.
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I am using a default replacement (Harrie). I moved my Sims to a bigger apartment and the baby popped into the new one. I had forgotten I added it to my game. I do know that I can only have one default replacement installed.

I never had any luck with the invisible baby mod. The baby would just float and I could never place it into one of the cc cribs even with move objects on. When I placed the baby on a double bed it floated above the bed. When my Sims cared for the baby they stood way back and reached for the baby with weird stretched out arms. I took it out of my mods folder. When I went back to play the baby was gone. It disappeared!

So if you use a default replacement moving would add the baby to the new crib/bassinet.

Poor poor baby!!! :open_mouth:

That reminded me - when I used several bassinets, I moved the babies out and back in :)