Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No rumors, Guru teasers, leaks or anything regardin the next DLC?

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I kinda wish we had an italian/tuscany inspired world with rolling hills and vineyards.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I feel like they’ve been managing leaks well lately, I mean take a look at the leak that was Farm Life, turned to be fake and players rioted when it turned out to be Eco Lifestyle, no one saw it coming. At least I haven’t caught any leaks or rumours regarding any Eco themes.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    They are angry at us because of our response to the Star Wars DLC.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    They are angry at us because of our response to the Star Wars DLC.

It’s ok . Lessons have to be learned.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So far the hints we have now are a flirty plumbob and a French pig in a chef’s jacket... I refuse to get my hopes up on getting a romance pack I want it so clearly its not going to happen.

Where is the French pig chef jacket thing coming from...?

Among all the Star Wars speculations back in the good ‘ol days I always believed its name ‘Porc du jour’ referred to ‘Porg’ which is a little creature that features in Star Wars. You can now buy it as a toy or a statue on Batuu in JtB.

I‘m totally up for more puzzles and hints toward the new EP so we can all have fun again. And ofcourse be extremely disappointed when folks see what it turns out to be...😬...

Speculation is my favorite part of the forums! 👍
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Don't know if they are teasing a new pack or anything, but both George and Ninja have tweeted about breakfast cake and waffles.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I’d say we get a teaser on Monday or Tuesday...if not this week, it’ll be the week after.
    But I’m pretty sure we’ll know more within the next 2 weeks.

Flirty things and cakes...It’ll probably be a pack full of aphrodisiacs.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    They might have been told not to hint at the next EP because we tend to go crazy with hints and end up disappointed and angry and they really can‘t afford any more of that in 2020
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Don't know if they are teasing a new pack or anything, but both George and Ninja have tweeted about breakfast cake and waffles.

I noticed that too! So it's possible it's just a coincidence and one was replying to the other, or it could be a hint. But since I have no idea what those hints would be "hinting" at I have no speculations.

Probably another fitness pack, eating cakes and goodies, you get fat ...... so you will need the GET FIT pack. All about BMI, counting calories, weight management, eating lean and clean.

I seriously would not be surprised one little bit.

I noticed that too! So it's possible it's just a coincidence and one was replying to the other, or it could be a hint. But since I have no idea what those hints would be "hinting" at I have no speculations.

Probably another fitness pack, eating cakes and goodies, you get fat ...... so you will need the GET FIT pack. All about BMI, counting calories, weight management, eating lean and clean.

We already have the ice cream recipes for weight management. Wouldn't a pack about getting fit be a bit redundant, especially as they just like to cook whatever including many white cakes? I would love a pack with more sports activities, beach volleyball, skip rope, hopscotch, wall tennis, mini golf course. When George first posted about the waffles and crepes, I thought that maybe they might be working on that French world romance pack. In Sims Mobile they had the French destination, art museums, and crepes included a while ago.

We already have the ice cream recipes for weight management. Wouldn't a pack about getting fit be a bit redundant, especially as they just like to cook whatever including many white cakes? I would love a pack with more sports activities, beach volleyball, skip rope, hopscotch, wall tennis, mini golf course. When George first posted about the waffles and crepes, I thought that maybe they might be working on that French world romance pack. In Sims Mobile they had the French destination, art museums, and crepes included a while ago.

Oh no, I'm not really speculating that's what it is. I was just being sarcastic at the way the packs have been lately, that absolutely NOTHING would shock me at this point in time.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2020
    Calico45 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Well Lyndsay said that we should know about their next EP "in a matter of weeks", it's been two weeks since she said that, one week since Journey to Batuu was released. So I think we have to wait a couple of more weeks.

While I understand the timeframes, you'd think they would say month or months if it is 4+ weeks. Otherwise, it is kind of deceptive.

They also said the skin tones will be released in Fall but now they are saying by the end of the year. I mean technically Fall is around that time but when it's summer and they say we'll get the skin tones in a Fall update it is kind of deceptive since the average person thinks September, October.
    Technically it's not a lie though. That's just EA

Fall doesn't even start until the END of September, I defiitely don't consider it "Fall" haha. That being said, as of today the weather here does already seem fall like, but it's Sept 19 now, not Sept 5th or whatever. WHen people say in the fall though I would def. assume the "End of Sept-End of Dec" type Fall is meant as well as that's what I call Fall
    Well Lyndsay said that we should know about their next EP "in a matter of weeks", it's been two weeks since she said that, one week since Journey to Batuu was released. So I think we have to wait a couple of more weeks.

While I understand the timeframes, you'd think they would say month or months if it is 4+ weeks. Otherwise, it is kind of deceptive.

I tend to think when someone says weeks of anywhere from 3-8 weeks. Sure that could be months too but I'd probably say "Weeks" for anything under two months before I said "One month" or One and a half months".
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member

My mind immediately went to Bed & Breakfasts (but I'm not sure if it's a hint though..). I've thought about things that have never been done before in the Sims and running a hotel from your home is one of them. It could be an exciting play on the hotel-theme that many people have been asking for, imo!

They also said the skin tones will be released in Fall but now they are saying by the end of the year. I mean technically Fall is around that time but when it's summer and they say we'll get the skin tones in a Fall update it is kind of deceptive since the average person thinks September, October.

Fall doesn't even start until the END of September, I defiitely don't consider it "Fall" haha. That being said, as of today the weather here does already seem fall like, but it's Sept 19 now, not Sept 5th or whatever. WHen people say in the fall though I would def. assume the "End of Sept-End of Dec" type Fall is meant as well as that's what I call Fall

I tend to think when someone says weeks of anywhere from 3-8 weeks. Sure that could be months too but I'd probably say "Weeks" for anything under two months before I said "One month" or One and a half months".

September is the first month of fall, isn't it? In my part of the world, the summer heat stopped on 04 September, the temperatures have dropped by 10 degrees already and we're definitely in the fall season even though it hasn't started raining yet. Anyway, fall is September through November, it's possible they will release the skins update together with the patch for the next EP, which will probably be released in November.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    If they count fall by fiscal quarters then it starts next month I think. If they are using the calendar then fall starts on the equinox.
    edited September 2020

To me personally it means 2-4, otherwise it's a month. It just sounds better, like it's more imminent when put into "the weeks time frame" rather than stating in a month or so.

It's like when you tell your kid "We'll do it in a little bit", but what you are actually meaning is, we're not doing that right now or maybe never, but by me saying that, it will shush you for now and you'll hopefully forget what it was you were wanting.

And she already stated the skin tones would happen before the end of the year, which was changed from the original statement of it happening in the fall (which where I live typically means end of September to beginning of December).
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    edited September 2020
    I saw an article where the author listed ideas from the previous surveys. You can find it here. Honestly hoping for romance. If they can replicate TS3 Late Night or Roaring Heights again perfectly (which they won't. not even half 🐸🐸🐸🐸) I'd be cool with that too. Everything else looks.... Meh. :/
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    If they count fall by fiscal quarters then it starts next month I think. If they are using the calendar then fall starts on the equinox.

Neither. For their purposes Fall starts at the beginning of September. Realm of Magic was announced as a Fall release and it was released in early September. Vintage Glamour was announced as a Winter release and it was released in early December.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Pretty sure they said weeks to make it vague as possible.

They’re not going to say oh hey we’re announcing a pack next month. If they did that they would just tell us the date they were announcing it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Maybe it's a bed and breakfast? Meaning hotel/resort system? Perfect after eloping to vacation destination.

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I think the hints towards romance + cakes and waffles could maybe refer to a vacation/hotel pack. Might be a stretch but that's all I can think of
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    honey moon bed and breakfast
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »

Neither. For their purposes Fall starts at the beginning of September. Realm of Magic was announced as a Fall release and it was released in early September. Vintage Glamour was announced as a Winter release and it was released in early December.

This.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think the hints towards romance + cakes and waffles could maybe refer to a vacation/hotel pack. Might be a stretch but that's all I can think of
    We already have cakes in the game. I don't think that was a hint. I think they were just talking about cakes and waffles.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

September is the first month of fall, isn't it? In my part of the world, the summer heat stopped on 04 September, the temperatures have dropped by 10 degrees already and we're definitely in the fall season even though it hasn't started raining yet. Anyway, fall is September through November, it's possible they will release the skins update together with the patch for the next EP, which will probably be released in November.

Fall starts tomorrow/today (depeding on your time zone, yes Sept is the first month of fall but the majority of September is in the summer. Quite often we have summer weather until mid Oct here even, but today did feel like fall this year. ) Fall is not Sept-Nov though, it's Sept-Dec. Winter doesn't start until the end of December (21st is, a few days before Christmas)