Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community portrait - here's one from my Region 12

I had so much fun executing this session, so I figured I want to share the result. It's a time stamp from my game, a huge group photo including most of my central households. I do play nobility, but there are of course even more common households, and the total sums up to 70+ actively played households.

region12-photo.jpg

On this photo the new Region 12 Council is seated front, you might recognize Edvin Phlum, Fanny Silverbone, Charloman Au. C. Dougham (Mayor), Josue E. Rosewood or Charlotta Mu. Crumpleton from some of my many videos or blog projects. The two dukes are seated farther back - the Duke Aquess de Cavalier with family, and the Duke Victus Amador of Meadows. And the rest of the families are high nobility peers with households (babies, pets and servants did not make the cut).

Because my save game is 6 years old, many families are related. On my blog there is now a family tree showing 225 years of family lines. Naturally there is more info on the high class. I've posted more on each pictured household my blog

Do you make community or group portraits from your game, that is not limited to one household? Please share! :)
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited September 2020
    No really. But I had the pleasure to see a LOT of my playable sims come to hang out on a newly built lot I recently made. Not sure what attracted them there. Even Vlad came out of hiding and I haven't played him in years. :lol:
    Post edited by crocobaura on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    That is really awesome!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    This is the kind of content I'm here to see. I've been playing the same save for about,4 years but I only play one family. They do have a lot of relatives in different households though.

Thanks for sharing your blog. Will definitely check it out.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    No really. But I had the pleasure to see a LOT of my playable sims come to hang out on a newly built lot I recently made. Not sure what attracted them there. Even Vlad came out of hiding and I haven't played him in years. :lol:

That's so rewarding, I mean seeing a lot you made come to life! I love watching what my non played sims are up to. I only hate them when they wear silly situation outfits that I never planned for them. So annoyed to see a Duchess wearing random bad taste clothes. I wish we could decide these things ourselves...
    Rouensims wrote: »
    That is really awesome!

Thanks! I actually use it as desktop wallpaper on my PC at the moments, so good to be welcomed by that gang of sims whenever I turn on my computer :)
    This is the kind of content I'm here to see. I've been playing the same save for about,4 years but I only play one family. They do have a lot of relatives in different households though.

Thanks for sharing your blog. Will definitely check it out.

So cool! With such an old save you know how I play! I often focus more on the community than each single household. But I'm also into details.

The other day I found a family photo that was made when I created that family) where the mom would actually be dead if the youngest daughter was as old as on the photo. I seriously wanted to recreate those dead sims in CAS only to re-create that family photo (which is one of 50), just to get it right. Fortunately I stopped myself, remembered that nobody out there will ever know that the picture would need to be taken 3 years earlier to be possible. But - I could not rest that case, so I decided that the mom on the photo was not their mom, but instead I made up an aunt who naturally had assisted the family right after the mom's death - and renamed the photo. No problem that mom and aunt had the same look, LOL.

Some of the recent changes works very well with my way, such as the detailed bills, and the voting (eco). Only wish those NAPs would make a little more sense, community wise. :)
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I have one save that I have been playing for at least 4 years. I have not made it past the 3rd generation. I play rotation and only get to play a few times a month, some month not at all. I also have a couple other saves with different type of play.
    So many sims and no time :(
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I have one save that I have been playing for at least 4 years. I have not made it past the 3rd generation. I play rotation and only get to play a few times a month, some month not at all. I also have a couple other saves with different type of play.
    So many sims and no time :(

Oh, that sounds like an impossible situation for a rotating sims game. I think I'd rather just build, maybe play just one house. I think the generations makes this game interesting, but I must admit that I stay way too short with each house - they never achieve anything career wise etc. And it takes me a full RL year to age my community 4-5 sim years, so it's a slow process even when I find time to play almost daily.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

That's so rewarding, I mean seeing a lot you made come to life! I love watching what my non played sims are up to. I only hate them when they wear silly situation outfits that I never planned for them. So annoyed to see a Duchess wearing random bad taste clothes. I wish we could decide these things ourselves...

I don't hate my sims for their silly outfits because most of the time is my fault for putting them in game with only one everyday outfit planned out. :lol: