March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My save went back in time?

So earlier I was playing this save and everything was fine. Exited the game for a few hours, came back later and now it's somehow gone back in time.

The reason I know this; most of the people he's met before (some of them friends) are all strangers to him now, like they've never met. Has this happened to you?

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It has never happened to me but I think I read about this earlier.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    Never happened to me. You said you were playing a saved game, then you exited the game a few hours later. Did you "save" your game, or did you just "exit"?

ETA: Wait, are you saying it went back to the last save, or saves from much further back? That is really odd :o
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I always save, and then save/exit. It went weeks back in time--some relationships were completely lost
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Earlier, sim's relations were rather random in my game. Just because he had an enemy or romantic interest did not mean I ever played them meet. Sims he met would often be stranger in my next play session. Not sure if it is like this anymore, it made me just ignore the relations panel. On top of the randomness we could not sort relations by strength, so I made no good use out of it. Should have worked like in TS3.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    In TS4, I've never had relationships be forgotten before...this is very odd. For example; he had many enemies, with relationship bars all the way into the red--now there are no bars at all, like they've never met. And with some of the women, he had mostly filled green bars...now it barely registers green (like he just met them) or no bars at all
  • StrawberryNightmareStrawberryNightmare Posts: 61 Member
    edited September 2020
    This sounds really weird. This didn’t happen earlier on my game but hope you get it sorted. Maybe it was an issues with the save & exit function not registering the save part? But then you say it went back weeks so it can’t be. Very odd indeed! Was it just relationships or did you lose game progress in other ways (skills, job progression, etc.)? Just wondering if the relationship bars bugged out.
    This sounds really weird. This didn’t happen earlier on my game but hope you get it sorted. Maybe it was an issues with the save & exit function not registering the save part? But then you say it went back weeks so it can’t be. Very odd indeed! Was it just relationships or did you lose game progress in other ways (skills, job progression, etc.)? Just wondering if the relationship bars bugged out.

My Sims usually don't have skills or jobs, I just "motherlode" them and let them wreak havoc in the neighborhood lol I don't think it's just the relationship bars--I'm finding that my Sim has to reintroduce himself to people he's already met
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I think it might be a matter of relationship culling. When there are (too) many relationships between sims in a save, it becomes bloated and laggy. The game has a mechanism to curb this, but it's really crude. It essentially just randomly deletes relationships between sims, irrespective of the strength or duration of those relationships. I'm not exactly sure if that's how it still works, as I've always used mods to prevent this from happening, but you get the idea.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Do you have MCCC? Did you do something weird with world clock?

Relationships do fall off after a while unless you stay in contact with the other Sim. I use MCCC to stop relationship decay.

Anyway ...
    If you changed time to something like -50 it would be possible to have a bunch of relationships fall off. Mine is set to 50 so the days are longer but I think you can go the other way with -.

When I start a new save and change the world time to make the days longer I have to exit the game to see the change. When I go back into the game and play the time does back in time about 4 days. So if it was Sunday it will be the Wednesday before. It depends what I change it to. Anything minus would add days and not recommended with aging on because Sims will age and elder Sims die off. Relationships will decay but skills etc are not affected.

Need more information to pinpoint why op lost time. You said you saved twice. You saved then did an exit/save. When you went back to play dd you just select play or did you load the save? It's possible that you loaded a previous save.
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Do you have MCCC? Did you do something weird with world clock?

Relationships do fall off after a while unless you stay in contact with the other Sim. I use MCCC to stop relationship decay.

Anyway ...
    If you changed time to something like -50 it would be possible to have a bunch of relationships fall off. Mine is set to 50 so the days are longer but I think you can go the other way with -.

When I start a new save and change the world time to make the days longer I have to exit the game to see the change. When I go back into the game and play the time does back in time about 4 days. So if it was Sunday it will be the Wednesday before. It depends what I change it to. Anything minus would add days and not recommended with aging on because Sims will age and elder Sims die off. Relationships will decay but skills etc are not affected.

Need more information to pinpoint why op lost time. You said you saved twice. You saved then did an exit/save. When you went back to play dd you just select play or did you load the save? It's possible that you loaded a previous save.

No mods other than WW, and I didn't change time. I loaded the save, and I'm only given one loading option per save
    And now there are problems with another save. I put a pre-made burger place down in Sulani, and it was fine for two weeks. I came back to it tonight, and all of a sudden the foundation is too high off of the ground, and people can't get in. It was an easy fix, but still--why? It was fine before, why did the foundation height raise on it's own?
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Ok, so when it comes to the social part, I did notice a change when I played it last week? My sim is always clubbing and meeting people, I always fussed (to myself) about why so many people were in her relationship panel when they were not in the green or red. Anyway, I noticed that when I wanted her to text a few, well, there were only a few. I did notice they disappeared but I was happy about that :D I don't like having all of them in there when there is no relationship whatsoever between them. I didn't have mods at the time, or now.

Even though I am not using the mod that you are right now, they did update it Sunday. Do you have the newest update?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think there's a glitch with relationships. A ton of sims my sim have known have just randomly changed to being unknown after a while.
    Ok, so when it comes to the social part, I did notice a change when I played it last week? My sim is always clubbing and meeting people, I always fussed (to myself) about why so many people were in her relationship panel when they were not in the green or red. Anyway, I noticed that when I wanted her to text a few, well, there were only a few. I did notice they disappeared but I was happy about that :D I don't like having all of them in there when there is no relationship whatsoever between them. I didn't have mods at the time, or now.

Even though I am not using the mod that you are right now, they did update it Sunday. Do you have the newest update?

I didn't know about the Sunday update, thanks for the info!