Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After the Star Wars game pack has been released; do you like it?

13...Next

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    A Justine Keaton Option
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I really enjoy it, especially playing as a scoundrel :)
    also the BB is awesome!
    idk what people are on about with the no gameplay-thing, they obviously haven't played it at all...I mean outside of Batuu I guess there isn't much gameplay (except for sabbacc and the droid if you got one from Batuu) but ON Batuu if you joined a side ya got gameplay.

@RavenSpit in case you're still wondering people have explained several times that to them repetitive missions of talking to random people and rabbit holes aren't a lot of gameplay. So yeah here's your answer.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    A Justine Keaton Option
    also the BB is awesome!
    idk what people are on about with the no gameplay-thing, they obviously haven't played it at all...I mean outside of Batuu I guess there isn't much gameplay (except for sabbacc and the droid if you got one from Batuu) but ON Batuu if you joined a side ya got gameplay.

RavenSpit in case you're still wondering people have explained several times that to them repetitive missions of talking to random people and rabbit holes aren't a lot of gameplay. So yeah here's your answer.
    The Missions actually remind me a lot like the Sims 3 professions so far. I get a lot of City Living vibes while playing the pack with those active careers too. I guess that is always going to be the debate of active over rabbit holes is either having a rabbit hole to go into or have repetitive tasks. Probably neither is the ideal solution and how I could see the franchise evolving into something new with that. I remember it came up with Discover University too with having active college classes when in reality university classes are very repetitive when simulated. So far I'm not joining a side and trying the scoundrel route out since it appears to be more sandbox with gameplay.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes, but in blue
    @RavenSpit in case you're still wondering people have explained several times that to them repetitive missions of talking to random people and rabbit holes aren't a lot of gameplay. So yeah here's your answer.

sure, but did those people actually play those missions/the pack or do they base their judgment on second hand info?
    I mean, of course either way it's not for everyone.
    But I am seeing alot of people who do not even own the pack saying negative things in threads that are directed at people who actually own and played the pack, and you can't do a review of something you never used yourself.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    The poll answer of the 4 are all "yes", i'm not sure why the OP bothers with the polling honestly.

In any event i've looked it over and it isn't particularly high on my list of concerns.
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Yes, but in red
    I like it a lot, and it's actually made me feel immersed in the game for ages.

Katy Perry Sweet Treats is still the only pack I haven't bought since Sims 1, although I do regret S4 My First Pet Stuff! :D
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2020

sure, but did those people actually play those missions/the pack or do they base their judgment on second hand info?
    I mean, of course either way it's not for everyone.
    But I am seeing alot of people who do not even own the pack saying negative things in threads that are directed at people who actually own and played the pack, and you can't do a review of something you never used yourself.

In some instances one may not have to actually play an game to get an feel of how it will play out. I can watch another play and still may or may like it. There is an reason for playthroughs and for me it will let me know if I want to spend my money on it. Now you are right some may not seen an playthrough or watched someone play it and still do not like it but if they understand that the game does not have features or is for example restrictive to an certain area that is all they need to grade the game. I brought the pack but an greatly reduced price and glad I did as the pack is gimped and very light on adventure so for me it adds little for me and you see, I can say that like one can say it is good like gravy.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • sparkietothemaxsparkietothemax Posts: 131 Member
    I understand people not liking it or not wanting it, but for me personally I enjoy it. I'm a Star Wars fan and I was in the minority that got really excited. I enjoyed the missions and I liked buying some of the decor from the pack for my Sims.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    also the BB is awesome!

I played enough of the packs to know the version of "gameplay" iwould most likely be rabbit holes and a bunch of meaningless walking around. I viewed a couple moments of a let's play and saw how lackluster the gameplay actually looked. I also view star wars content we have in base game of bloatware, so why would I want more of it?
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Yes, but in blue
    I'm digging it. It's not 100% what I wanted, but it's almost 100% what I figured it would be. Any adventure in TS4 is going to be clicking on things and talking to people. Game packs have always included either an optional subsystem for something like laundry or spas, a new occult lifestate, or quests, not two, or three, so when they said there would be adventures, that pretty much confirmed for me that we wouldn't get Jedi or actual aliens (neither of which I thought we were getting when all we had to go on was the icon). Droids are a little disappointing since they're basically just remote control toys at home. Not being able to romance the questgiver NPCs is unsurprising, but I've still installed a mod to allow it. I'm more bothered that I haven't seen a mod yet that lets me call Batuu NPCs to come visit my home planet neighborhood instead of just getting a message that you can't get a signal to Batuu. I wish they'd made the alien costumes work a different way, but I had always figured they'd be costumes rather than new life states.

The build mode and CAS stuff is the biggest draw for me. I'm maybe only 10 or 15% done--no, wait, all those apartments in San Myshuno, so call it 5%--done with rebuilding every neighborhood as a Star Wars planet and maybe 25% done making new households or changing old households into Star Wars families. So many of my buildings are off the gallery that I don't think I'll ever put it up as a downloadable save since it's mostly not my work, but if I can get exactly the mods I want to perfect the gameplay, it'll probably become the default way I play The Sims. Once it's done.

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Yes, but in blue
    @Goldmoldar but you actually played it, so for me that's a difference when it comes to threads that are directed at people who own and played the pack.
    For me it was the opposite, cause of course I have heard about the rabbitholes and the repetitive missions before getting the pack, but I just ended up really enjoying those missions, even the rabbithole ones. But that is just me and not everyone, and that is fine.
    I played enough of the packs to know the version of "gameplay" iwould most likely be rabbit holes and a bunch of meaningless walking around. I viewed a couple moments of a let's play and saw how lackluster the gameplay actually looked. I also view star wars content we have in base game of bloatware, so why would I want more of it?
    you don't have to want more of it, it's totally fine if it's just not for you.

So just to be clear:
    I do not mind anybody not liking the pack, whether they played it or not.
    I just don't like it when people who haven't played it give "reviews" in threads that are directed at people who played it.
    Cause I have seen that happening quite alot, which is why I doubt all posts here are coming from players who actually played the pack, that is all.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Goldmoldar but you actually played it, so for me that's a difference when it comes to threads that are directed at people who own and played the pack.
    For me it was the opposite, cause of course I have heard about the rabbitholes and the repetitive missions before getting the pack, but I just ended up really enjoying those missions, even the rabbithole ones. But that is just me and not everyone, and that is fine.
    you don't have to want more of it, it's totally fine if it's just not for you.

So just to be clear:
    I do not mind anybody not liking the pack, whether they played it or not.
    I just don't like it when people who haven't played it give "reviews" in threads that are directed at people who played it.
    Cause I have seen that happening quite alot, which is why I doubt all posts here are coming from players who actually played the pack, that is all.

Actually, I only installed it and went in and looked the options I had and the options are bad but as said regardless if I brought it or not one does not necessarily have to buy it to get an idea if they think it is good for again you have playthroughs, watch an person play etc. Yes, I brought but not for what EA/Maxis thought was good or of value to them, I paid what I thought it valued at and it was not the $20 and while you think I played it, it is not worth $20 for me as it was lacking and restrictive. However as the saying goes Different strokes for different folks as not everyone going to enjoy it and vice versa. The path EA/Maxis took takes them further and further away from the original formula that made the Sims series great for me as it is not an natural evolution for Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen