May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! I'm stuck on Batuu mission

119462156_10223656963673713_8789426331079589411_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=av3y6oudVQIAX_6AAMv&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&oh=7701c07fd83cefeb69c1f0ba09a6408b&oe=5F831890

I'm doing a Scoundrel Mission: recruit people for a heist.

I can find plenty of people, but they all say the same thing: "We hardly know each other" (even though my Sim knows 3/3 of their traits)
And then the game decides to remove the "Batuu" option from the pie-chart options for that person. i.e I can no longer attempt to recruit that person.

And you can't just ask anyone. You have to know them. But they all say words to the effect that they don't know my Sim enough"

Been at this for hours now trying to get to know Sims before they run away. I hope someone has an answer.
This game is starting to get boring.....

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,160 Member
    Have you tried
    ModifyRelationship cheat code?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Are you asking citizens or everyone?
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited September 2020
    I found it didn't work till they changed from 'aquaintence' to 'friend' in the Relationship Bar (the green bar was about half full if I remember correctly, you'll know you have moved from aquaintance to friend if you click on the 2 tiny smiley faces at the bottom of the relationship bar). I kept talking to them - a little bribery helped too. the ones who didn't take a bribe also didn't want to do the job (but it's not like i talked to everyone, some of them might have agreed eventually). I mainly asked Scoundrels. I also talked to a citizen, don't remember if she agreed.

Next time I play, I'll make a point to talk to more folks in game, in case I need friends again. that'll save time.

edited to clarify the relationship bar status - hope I explained it clearly
  • Options
    rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the replies.

As you can see from the relationship status, in this case we are Good Friends, yet still I can't get them to accept. The only thing I didn't know about them is their career.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Try getting the conversation up to pleasant conversation status. Also, they need to be scoundrels.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,160 Member
    1st ask about Scoundrel, then ask to see mission, then select a mission. The mission will appear in your sims career once you click on the mission.