Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Biechen Mods

I am finally getting around to update my mods from the most latest patch. I see that Biechen has been away and not updating mods. I use five of theirs but the one I care about the most is the townie overhaul less fame. Does anyone know if it still works?

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have been wondering myself if they will ever come back to update their mods. I thought they were a user up here but I can’t find them to tag them.

I do not use that particular mod, but I have like 50 others. I’m not sure if they all work in my game or not because I am getting a last exception when I first open up a house for the first time. I said I was going to take them all out and see what happens but they have so many essential mods I need!

This is when updating mods become super annoying to me.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    edited September 2020

This is quote from Bienchen's site:
    Message from 2020-08-26
    Bienchen is doing well, but due to her change of job and location, she has no time at all at the moment to take care of updating the mods. Please understand that.

I do use the townie overhaul less fame , but I have not yet patched my game. But, Zero has their own version of the mod, still in testing tho, I myself will be trying that one, if Bienchen has not updated hers when I finally patch. (patreon, but free as always)
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/testing-no-41053263
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    It's @83bienchen <3

Omgosh, I cannot play TS4 without my many Bienchen mods. I'm not trying to play right now, but if I do, I know I'll have a lot of downloading to do already, but if I can't have those mods (and mods by a few other key game savers) then forget it. :#
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Doesn't surprise me any more. With EA completely ignoring all the thousands of game bugs, the game is almost completely unplayable. It's almost bearable with mods, but I'm seeing more and more mod/cc authors abandoning the game and their mods. EA keeps breaking everything and not fixing anything. It's too much work for the mod creators.

Looks like I'll have to remove all of bienchen's mods and stash them away under "Abandoned" with the hundreds of others.

It's a shame. The Sims is dying. It used to be a good game.
    edited September 2020
    gettps wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise me any more. With EA completely ignoring all the thousands of game bugs, the game is almost completely unplayable. It's almost bearable with mods, but I'm seeing more and more mod/cc authors abandoning the game and their mods. EA keeps breaking everything and not fixing anything. It's too much work for the mod creators.

Looks like I'll have to remove all of bienchen's mods and stash them away under "Abandoned" with the hundreds of others.

It's a shame. The Sims is dying. It used to be a good game.

Yea I’m a big fan of their mods too, but I may be forced to remove them as well if they don’t update soon or announce that they don’t need updates. There needs to be some kind of communication regarding mod status.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited September 2020
    I use a lot of her mods too and am looking for alternatives. However, I couldn't stand the amount of NPCs spawning because too many sims makes my game lag and I try to keep my town population and unnecessary sims down to a minimum.

After a couple of days of playing without any form of NPC control mods in I caved and added hers back. I haven't had any issues but I know that isn't the case for everyone. Especially for people who bought the SW pack because there's no add on for that yet in her set of mods. I don't own the SW pack.

The only thing I can suggest is just give them a try and see if they start throwing errors. That's what I did because without any form of NPC control, my game gets full up with them and laggy quickly and I'm forever deleting sims manually.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Oh I didn't know that, I hope she is doing well.

I use a lot of bienchens mods, they still work for me because I never updated...I have to update someday though...

I use NPCC right now for townie control, I have noticed that Paulson does not really seem to update the free version very often though.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited September 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Yea I’m a big fan of their mods too, but I may be forced to remove them as well if they don’t update soon or announce that they don’t need updates. There needs to be some kind of communication regarding mod status.

I don't have a lot of mods from her. Maybe over a half-dozen. But half of those are giving me LE's. Don't care to figure out which ones. I imagine quite a few of her mods are broken now. If she's no longer updating, they'll all eventually break. I'd rather just get rid of them all now so I don't have to worry about it. Find someone else who's updating and has something similar.
    logion wrote: »
    I use NPCC right now for townie control, I have noticed that Paulson does not really seem to update the free version very often though.

Rules from EA say mod authors can't put mods behind a pay wall for more than 3 weeks. I know Paulson's been reported MANY times but EA doesn't care to prosecute as that would cost $. Paulson has his behind a pay wall for at least a year at a time. It's pathetic how greedy he is. The ones he finally releases as "free" are so old that they no longer work anyway. I refuse to pay for it so I refuse to use ANYTHING of his.

The only other mod I know of that did townie control was one of Coolspear's. But he abandoned all of his mods too... Like I said, Sims is dying. It's only going to get worse.
    Paulson is notorious for that. I tried NPCC out some months ago but if his updates are behind a paywall then I'm not going to to recommend or support his mods.

I was going to try this one by Lotharihoe but I'm not sure if it needs an update. Probably, because the last update was a couple weeks before the SW patch.
    https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/622921247655919616/sso-sim-spawn-overhaul-update-08132020

I am not sure if Bienchen has quit modding, I think she's just very busy with RL right now. I hope she returns, but I too am seeking alternatives to hers and Coolspear's as I used a lot of their mods in the past.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @simmerLella @gettps @Chazzzy @Finvola @logion

I was reading through this, because I'd been thinking of trying this mod, and then heard it wasn't working for everyone. Anyway, I saw this post, from just a little way up this thread, that says Bienchen is fine! :) and that Zero has one of these now! I guess I'll wait and see if that one works! Townies are the worst! lol!
    This is quote from Bienchen's site:
    Message from 2020-08-26
    Bienchen is doing well, but due to her change of job and location, she has no time at all at the moment to take care of updating the mods. Please understand that.
    I do use the townie overhaul less fame , but I have not yet patched my game. But, Zero has their own version of the mod, still in testing tho, I myself will be trying that one, if Bienchen has not updated hers when I finally patch. (patreon, but free as always)
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/testing-no-41053263
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    I love Zero's mods too, definitely going to give this one a try!
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Hopefully it all works alright, moving can be tough. Patches happen and it’s something that they like to do so hopefully they can get back soon.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited September 2020
    I have been wondering myself if they will ever come back to update their mods. I thought they were a user up here but I can’t find them to tag them.

I do not use that particular mod, but I have like 50 others. I’m not sure if they all work in my game or not because I am getting a last exception when I first open up a house for the first time. I said I was going to take them all out and see what happens but they have so many essential mods I need!

@Chazzzy I was getting an LE too on first opening a save - I found the culprit was an out-of-date Zerbu's Discover University Sports Fixes mod. Installed the latest version and no more LEs. Do you have that one?

@Chazzzy I was getting an LE too on first opening a save - I found the culprit was an out-of-date Zerbu's Discover University Sports Fixes mod. Installed the latest version and no more LEs. Do you have that one?

Yea, I did have that one and removed it. I didn't know it had been updated. I don't really send Sims to the University world anymore since I have them go to school from their home lots, so I don't think I need the mod anymore.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Origin bullied me into updating two days ago. I had been playing off line since August 21st. I have many of Bienchen's mods, including several of her townie overhaul ones. No LE's from MCCC so far. And I have played about twenty hours since Origin flipped out and updated the game without my permission. I was waiting for S4S to give us a batch fix for the CC doors and windows before updating. Thanks to Origin I now have many houses and businesses with funky windows and doors. :/
    edited September 2020
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Origin bullied me into updating two days ago. I had been playing off line since August 21st. I have many of Bienchen's mods, including several of her townie overhaul ones. No LE's from MCCC so far. And I have played about twenty hours since Origin flipped out and updated the game without my permission. I was waiting for S4S to give us a batch fix for the CC doors and windows before updating. Thanks to Origin I now have many houses and businesses with funky windows and doors. :/

Bienchen updated ten mods on 20 September.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member

Good news! I will give her site a look and see which mods she updated. Hopefully this means she has had enough time to get herself and her family settled into their new home. I know she had a lot happening in her life for a few months with moving and taking on a new job. I understand how that can shift one's priorities, so I wasn't visiting her site like every day, impatient she wasn't updating. But I am happy she can update her mods now because I do use so many. Thanks for the heads up @loubyloulou <3

Good news! I will give her site a look and see which mods she updated. Hopefully this means she has had enough time to get herself and her family settled into their new home. I know she had a lot happening in her life for a few months with moving and taking on a new job. I understand how that can shift one's priorities, so I wasn't visiting her site like every day, impatient she wasn't updating. But I am happy she can update her mods now because I do use so many. Thanks for the heads up @loubyloulou <3

You're welcome :)