September 18 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

Okay, Now This Is Frustrating …

2...Next

Comments

  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 16,280 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Having this problem too. They just ignore what I tell them or wait until it's a dire circumstance. I also have a toddler that won't sleep?! There is no radio or tv in his room, he isn't having nightmares, he just goes to sleep and wakes up 15 sim minutes later. Won't nap either. Not the realism I was looking for, haha. Poor baby is exhausted but I have to cheat if I don't want him collapsing because nothing else works.

    I started my Sims playing experience determined to never use a cheat to fill my Sims' needs. I broke that promise with Sims4, sadly. Their needs go down to very fast, it's crazy. I use a mod so I have a Rock Star. Can't exactly have him leave the stage in the middle of set to go pee, right? Nor, can I allow him to humiliate himself in front of his audience by wetting all over his pants. But, I swore I wouldn't use the cheat on the Toddlers. That's where I drew the line. The faulty line. The line that evaporated when my Toddlers came back from Daycare is desperate need. I started simply by filling their needs and then freezing them until the parents were home again. Then I found a toddler who was in desperate need because apparently I was too busy seeing to another Sim on the same lot. Getting the warning so and so would be taken away, I broke down and cheated up the tot's needs. I know, I know I'm a bad simmer … But, Confession is good for the soul, or so they say.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 54 Member
    Some houses are really awesome for Sim autonomy. Others, you're lucky if Sims start to care before they're in an emergency.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 1,512 Member
    (Not including bugs)
    The only autonomy problem that irritated me was having the TV too close to the fridge and stove. So they start cooking, but then go watch TV instead (Though I admit that is somewhat realistic :D )
    Without the TV close, or better yet in a different room, no problem. But teens end up watching TV on their phone anyways. Doh! :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    RxGqIAC.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 2,681 Member
    I've noticed sims leaving every need until it his red before they resolve it, except for sleep. As soon as that hits amber they head for bed but often choose to nap. Annoying.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,468 Member
    If it isn't the mod......

    I found, when this happened to me that I hadn't assigned them a bed or made a mistake with it, giving two the same bed or side or if they won't go to the toilet one of the lights was in their way. Surely the larger and more complicated the lot the more lag you'll get with it? Seems logical to me.

    I've found that the simplest houses are the best to play, presenting less problems with Sims getting about. First sort their jobs and beds out, start them off in the right way and you can leave Sims happily gadding about for a long time fulfilling all their needs.

  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 6,874 Member
    edited September 14
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    Having this problem too. They just ignore what I tell them or wait until it's a dire circumstance. I also have a toddler that won't sleep?! There is no radio or tv in his room, he isn't having nightmares, he just goes to sleep and wakes up 15 sim minutes later. Won't nap either. Not the realism I was looking for, haha. Poor baby is exhausted but I have to cheat if I don't want him collapsing because nothing else works.

    I started my Sims playing experience determined to never use a cheat to fill my Sims' needs. I broke that promise with Sims4, sadly. Their needs go down to very fast, it's crazy. I use a mod so I have a Rock Star. Can't exactly have him leave the stage in the middle of set to go pee, right? Nor, can I allow him to humiliate himself in front of his audience by wetting all over his pants. But, I swore I wouldn't use the cheat on the Toddlers. That's where I drew the line. The faulty line. The line that evaporated when my Toddlers came back from Daycare is desperate need. I started simply by filling their needs and then freezing them until the parents were home again. Then I found a toddler who was in desperate need because apparently I was too busy seeing to another Sim on the same lot. Getting the warning so and so would be taken away, I broke down and cheated up the tot's needs. I know, I know I'm a bad simmer … But, Confession is good for the soul, or so they say.

    @GalacticGal I know you use MCC you know you can use it to control the rate of their needs going down right? I have my sims need decay set a 75 percent now, but make it even slower due to the issues of sims not wanting to take care of themselves.
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 864 Member
    I Know the feeling :( I’m struggling to play atm and wanting an emergency patch so bad to fix the sims not doing as they are told.... and the freelancer career while they are at it.
    I can’t continue with my current family without a fix, and would hate to start a new one while I wait
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 973 Member
    Console Player here lol
    No mods.
    Sims just seem almost unable to take care of themselves at this point. I say almost because sometimes I focus on just one Sim in a household and hope that the others will be okay. Sometimes they are and sometimes they just can't seem to pull it together.

    Sometimes it's the priority of their needs that gets me. Red bladder, barely yellow hygiene need. Hey I'm gonna take a bath. Facepalm. Smarter my Sims my plum lol.

    Lastly
    NAPs override Sims even without autonomy on.
    And bonus: why don't Sims come in the house when they are done with work anymore? They just stand outside for hours until I tell them to do something inside lol.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 2,331 Member
    I've been playing for a day now without the Slice of Life personalities and I have noticed an improvement in my sims behavior. It's still possible that the mod is not at fault mind you but for now I think I will keep the personalities part of the mod out of my game.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 615 Member
    I am not using SOL in current save many other mods though. They will nap instead of sleep and they will go to the toilet but not use it even when bladder is red. Oh and the baking of white cakes. I am hoping that I have a mod that works for the while cake issue
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 16,280 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Console Player here lol
    No mods.
    Sims just seem almost unable to take care of themselves at this point. I say almost because sometimes I focus on just one Sim in a household and hope that the others will be okay. Sometimes they are and sometimes they just can't seem to pull it together.

    Sometimes it's the priority of their needs that gets me. Red bladder, barely yellow hygiene need. Hey I'm gonna take a bath. Facepalm. Smarter my Sims my plum lol.

    Lastly
    NAPs override Sims even without autonomy on.
    And bonus: why don't Sims come in the house when they are done with work anymore? They just stand outside for hours until I tell them to do something inside lol.

    I don't know, but come to think of it, that's happening in my game, too. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • logionlogion Posts: 1,690 Member
    edited September 14
    Most of my sims are able to take care of themselves, but for some reason this has happened to a few households that I played. I remember getting annoyed at the Sigworth family. They often just took naps instead of sleeping at night. But none of my other sims are behaving like that, they go to bed and sleep during the night, take naps during the day and are taking care of their needs pretty well...
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 7,134 Member
    My Sims don't seem able (even with autonomy on) to take care of even their simplest needs. Just moments ago, the eldest teen in my current family, was standing in the bathroom, just a step or two away from the toilet, doing the Potty dance. Face/palm. Not wishing to garner the No Excuse Award, one. more. time. I took over and clicked on the toilet. This is just frustrating. What happened, how did it get broken and when can we expect a fix? Please, EA. Many of us have remained faithful to the franchise, but this has got to change. Thank you.

    look to see if autonomy is on I had it turn off on its own for one of my sims
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 2,681 Member
    Setting the table usually helps remedy the standing in front of the fridge to eat situation, but it only works on certain lots for me.

    Anyone know why?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 16,280 Member
    edited September 15
    @calapryfy I wish I had an answer for you. I tried the setting table bit, but it doesn't always work. I think I'm going to build a new venue for weddings. In my church we don't have pews, as we stand primarily throughout the service. There are padded benches along the walls, for those of us who can no longer stand that long. But even during weddings we stand. Since I can't manage to have the guest sit, this venue will allow for them to stand. If there's another workaround, I do hope somebody will share it. Thanks for commenting on the thread. :)

    @comicsforlife I'll check on that, but I've never had it change on me in the past. :confused:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 8,312 Member
    I've been running a video series project called "The Free Will Show" for about a yea, and as far as their plumbing is not broken, all 4 seem to take well care of themselves. Their priority might seem odd at times, but they do catch up with all those needs pretty well.

    bts, there's 11 episodes on my youtube channel, episode 12 will be up in a few days. The goal was actually to run a free will contest where the last sim standing will become a resident of my Region 12 game, but it seems they will never die from low need bars, like I expected. So they are still the same 4 that started out. :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims
    a.jpg
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 2,681 Member
    I call a handful of sims to hang out at current lot and only one arrives. :(
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 7,134 Member
    @calapryfy I wish I had an answer for you. I tried the setting table bit, but it doesn't always work. I think I'm going to build a new venue for weddings. In my church we don't have pews, as we stand primarily throughout the service. There are padded benches along the walls, for those of us who can no longer stand that long. But even during weddings we stand. Since I can't manage to have the guest sit, this venue will allow for them to stand. If there's another workaround, I do hope somebody will share it. Thanks for commenting on the thread. :)

    @comicsforlife I'll check on that, but I've never had it change on me in the past. :confused:

    nether did I
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 732 Member
    I don’t like it when my sims go to sleep autonomously because if I queue something up after that, it will cause them to stop sleeping. So I choose “sleep” myself, even if they’re already autonomously in bed (they stay in bed while the first “sleep” is replaced, thankfully).

    I agree it’s annoying when they stand and eat in front of the fridge. Once, I saw one do this and I had him grab a drink, too. Then he sat down with everything. I thought that was pretty cool since usually it takes more of an effort to get them to eat and drink at the same time.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 973 Member
    EiDnSUYUMAAcSxV.jpg

    This is basically my main problem with the game in one screenshot. NAPs.

    A random townie, late at night stopped by my Sims house while she was jogging to play with her ball of clay (also see the clay on the sidewalk in the background that someone graciously left behind) then all of a sudden she needed to stretch but she didn't want to put the ball of clay away first. 🙄
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 7,134 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    EiDnSUYUMAAcSxV.jpg

    This is basically my main problem with the game in one screenshot. NAPs.

    A random townie, late at night stopped by my Sims house while she was jogging to play with her ball of clay (also see the clay on the sidewalk in the background that someone graciously left behind) then all of a sudden she needed to stretch but she didn't want to put the ball of clay away first. 🙄

    they need to tone that down
    the sims 4 isn't getting new whims right now and I think they have dropped them all together if we want new whims in sims 4 we need to tweet the gurus and tell them we like whims
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top