September 18 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!

Batuu Mission Help Thread

JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 776 Member
Since almost every positive or even neutral JtB thread has people like me going off topic asking for tips I thought why not make a thread where help IS the topic. I am currently stuck on the Scoundrel mission Good Opportunity. I have the passcode but cannot find what to do with it. Help please.
Post edited by JACKIEJOY on

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 4,673 Member
    Read your mission text carefully. It will specify which data terminal you need to use that pass code on. Missions that can be repeated can have randomized target areas, so I can't say "go to X spot". Worse come to worst, abandon the mission and restart it, and pay close attention at each stage to what you are asked to do, and where.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 17,596 Member
    It would be nice if we could get this thread stickied for a bit. To keep the mission questions in one place.
    If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 776 Member
    @Sindocat I figured it out. The hint comes up early as a notification instead of a mission tip. So I was deleting the answer everytime and causing my own frustration. If anybody wants the solution I can post it but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
    @Simgirl1010 that is what I am hoping for. Centralized help to keep other threads from getting cluttered up with quest questions.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 4,503 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    @Sindocat I figured it out. The hint comes up early as a notification instead of a mission tip. So I was deleting the answer everytime and causing my own frustration. If anybody wants the solution I can post it but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.
    @Simgirl1010 that is what I am hoping for. Centralized help to keep other threads from getting cluttered up with quest questions.

@JACKIEJOY If you open the mission panel and hover your mouse over the task, you'll get a tool tip popup that tells you what to do. :)

I got lost in a mission and forgot what I was supposed to be looking for, had no idea what to do next, and then I discovered the tips.
    The tip I needed was actually up in the notification box. You get it after you slice the holotable thing. It never shows up in the mission tips. That's why I kept missing it. I have 3 siblings doing everything and my notification box fills up quick if I don't keep deleting it.
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    The tip I needed was actually up in the notification box. You get it after you slice the holotable thing. It never shows up in the mission tips. That's why I kept missing it. I have 3 siblings doing everything and my notification box fills up quick if I don't keep deleting it.

Yeah, I really wish the notifications didn't cap out so quickly. I think they should extend them or have an auto delete for the oldest to make room for the newest.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,078 Member
    I'm trying to 'raise morale' for one of the Resistance missions but I'm not getting this interaction at all, not even when my Sim is friends with the Resistance member. Any ideas why not? Maybe it has to do with Charisma level...? My Sim is only level 3 in Charisma so I guess it might be that?
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    I cant find who to get the passcode from? I've been buying the drink it says to get and talking to everyone....
    awlchick wrote: »
    I cant find who to get the passcode from? I've been buying the drink it says to get and talking to everyone....

When I had that mission, I noticed a new person come into the cantina. When I clicked on her, there was the option to buy her a drink and to ask about the passcode. She wouldn't give me the passcode right away so I bought her a few drinks and tried again and it worked.
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    awlchick wrote: »

When I had that mission, I noticed a new person come into the cantina. When I clicked on her, there was the option to buy her a drink and to ask about the passcode. She wouldn't give me the passcode right away so I bought her a few drinks and tried again and it worked.

THANK YOU
    I'll not waste all my money buying random drinks now. lol
    @loubyloulou I don't think I've dine that one. 😞 Hopefully someone will come here to help you out. But if not I will give it a go after work tomorrow.
    @awlchick the person you are looking for has a specific option to give the drink. Just keep clicking until you find them.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 938 Member
    I'm trying to 'raise morale' for one of the Resistance missions but I'm not getting this interaction at all, not even when my Sim is friends with the Resistance member. Any ideas why not? Maybe it has to do with Charisma level...? My Sim is only level 3 in Charisma so I guess it might be that?
    In the resistance camp you will see some members wandering round with their heads down (sad). If you click on them they have the option raise morale or something like that.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,078 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    In the resistance camp you will see some members wandering round with their heads down (sad). If you click on them they have the option raise morale or something like that.

Ah, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the glum ones. I didn't see any when I first accepted the mission, but maybe I need to leave the encampment and load back into it.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 3,831 Member
    Hmm...

Perhaps change the title to “Batuu: Mission Help Thread”? Just in order to be really clear.

There are now several different threads asking for help with missions so gathering them here could be useful.
    @SilentKitty that is the idea but it doesn't seem to be working. Oh well I tried.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 47 Member
    I am stuck on the resistance mission that involves repairing the X-Wing. I got all five parts and that was checked on my panel but there seems no place to put them on the x-wing. I scanned it which was the only option available to me and got specs but nothing else. The "fly mission" is grayed out so I can't click it. So how do you fix the X-wing?