Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Anyone Else's Game Seem More Broken Lately?

2...Next

Comments

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    @GalacticGal yes you have helped a lot thank you!
    I guess what I meant was that I wanted to back up my families as they are now because the library doesn't automatically make backups of your Sims except when you first create them. So I want them right now (even if they won't remember their friends)

Same goes for their household /homes and community lots I have made.

It will be a huge bummer if I don't see any improvement on a fresh save hahaha lol. 🤔🤪

Lastly, I'm on console so I have no idea how to repair the game, backup folders etc or even if I can.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My game seemed really broken after Eco Lifestyle, but honestly, it seems less broken now. I’m not experiencing many glitches and my loading times have gotten surprisingly short. I’m thinking it might be due to generally clearing more space on my computer.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I had a broken game save after the patch for EL. Things went very weird, coloring was off as in Sims were suddenly white, red and black with question marks on them. It was both eerie as well as weird. I pulled my Mods folder. I did a game repair, twice. Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, twice. I even pulled all of my cc (18th century clothes, hair and a couple of objects) from my Mods folder. I only had the updated version of MCCC in the Mods folder when I returned it to the game folder. Things were still wonky. In fact, if memory serves I regenerated my Sims4 game folder, too. Finally, I started a brand new game save. It played just fine. Mods folder and all. It was still fine. Slowly, I added back the now sorted cc folders. It's still fine.

Moral of my story is, I didn't wish to waste three whole days to sort things out after this latest patch. Instead, I skipped the middle steps, updated after most of my mods were updated, (leaving out the mods that were questionable) and started a brand new game save. All is well. I suggest you try playing a brand new game save and see if that helps. Good luck and if you use mods, doublecheck to see if they've been updated. If not remove them promptly and delete the localthumbcache.package.

I did that too. Check through every mod and CC and then after days of testing it turns out it was the save. The game feels rather buggy and I hope it will get better. I love to add new content but I also want to be able to keep a story running for a long time in a save.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    But what would cause the save to get buggy in the first place? Unless someone has it on and old, failing hard drive, it's something that shouldn't come up. This of course is assuming that the save is done properly--if someone exits the game or even a household without saving first, that's not done properly
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    My sims are falling randomly as if they have the clumsy trait, but they don't and even if they indoors with no water on the floor. There is more lag, takes sims longer to do things, and instead of going to bed when they get tired, or even if they not too far in the red on energy, they will collapse on the floor like they do when their energy is in the red zone all the way.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited September 2020
    I haven’t experienced any of that but my friend was playing the Xbox version and her game glitched out and all of the neighbors lots had a blue void instead of grass in their yard and it would always be daytime outside no matter what time it actually was in game.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    Yeah, I notice my sims break and reset (very quick t-pose to idle animation) far more often which is annoying to say the least.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    > @Daephene said:
    > Toddlers tend to stretch when trying to do adult things that they aren't supposed to. In my game it's usually trying to use an umbrella. So that may be why asking them to cook does that.
    >
    > The game has been buggy since the pre-EL patch and they haven't been fixing very many bugs per patch since. Personally I would try repairing the game via Origin before restarting, but that's because I'm playing a multigenerational rotational save and I don't want to lose anything.
    >
    > I got the sims stuck in a T-pose glitch the other day for the first time. I've definitely seen an increase in sims eating in front of the fridge and they take longer to respond to my command to sit down. I haven't been back to that house in a while, but one of my artists kept walking away mid-painting to play basketball, unless I used the easel in the neighborhood instead of the one on his lot. Parents are walking away during potty training or teaching blocks, but the toddler keeps going and keeps learning. And there have been others I can't remember right now.
    >
    > I'm starting to back up my game more often than I used to so I can go back to an earlier save rather than start over if I get corrupted.

Yes about the basketball! I was trying to get my sim to use the archaeology table the other day and he kept bringing up wants to do different things at the hoop. I had to keep clicking them away until it would force it into his queue and I would have to restart everything. I ended up deleting the hoop so he would focus. But by then he had other needs needing to be filled. So irritating!
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Not really. No more than usual a few bugs currently the eco lifestyle ones and the usual dine out and recent gardening one. I wouldn’t say my game is broken but I’m aware others have had issues where their game can’t load or the bugs mean they cannot play their game. I have a very low end laptop and no mods and a very small amount of cc so maybe that’s why.
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    Lately I have been having door issues. Sims cannot enter their houses. I have to go into build mode then remove and replace the door for it to work. It happens every time I leave and reenter the lots. Its annoying. These are not cc doors either.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Lately I have been having door issues. Sims cannot enter their houses. I have to go into build mode then remove and replace the door for it to work. It happens every time I leave and reenter the lots. Its annoying. These are not cc doors either.

I had this with Dresden House, Windenburg. The doors were bricked in and had to be deleted then replaced.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Also I recently had to recover an old save since I kept getting an error that wouldn't let me play certain households.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I didn't update on the 3rd or buy JtB so I have fewer issues than most players. But the ones I do have are really annoying. My plants reverting back to dirt mounds for no logical reason I can find. My Sims won't sit after grabbing leftovers from the fridge but will sit if I drag the platter out of the fridge and have them grab a serving. Sims and pets randomly forgetting how to use the doors, Maxis made and CC ones. Stuck progress bars on movies, chess, freelancer career gigs. I haven't been playing any of my earlier saves with families until this mess is sorted out so I don't know how the bugs might affect toddlers. Lag while in build and buy mode that sticks around after I go back to live mode. Only solution I can find is to do a save afterward. After three to four hours of playing I have to exit the game, delete the localthumbcache and reload the game. That cache file seems to be growing faster than it used to, and starts to cause the game to stutter as in my Sims jumping while routing to a task. The bird feeder has to be refilled if I move it to a new location, even if my Sim just refilled it. My Sims and pets get messages about new gigs every morning between four thirty and five AM. And none of my Sims are freelancers, and as far as I know, there is no such thing for pets. The notification wall fills up faster than before EL was released, and half of those notifications don't seem to be relevant to what my Sims are doing. Previously, I could play for two Sim weeks before needing to clear it, and now I am clearing it every Sim week. Sim friends dropping by at all hours of the day and night, sometimes as late as three AM! And why are they stopping to talk to my plants? I didn't see one Sim sneak in the back way and found him conversing with my plants through a fence at six AM, and he had peed himself. I have no idea how long he'd been out there. Random job offers from random Sims. What is up with that? It is so annoying!! And it happens two to three times a day.

A marked increase in cell phone usage that interrupts conversations, tasks, and interactions. My Sims can't engage in social interactions because the visitor/date/bestie will suddenly whip out their cell phone and forget they were the one that came to visit my Sim, or had asked my Sim to meet them somewhere. Restaurants are borked again. Why bother trying to impress your date with an expensive dinner when they won't eat, and no one is sitting at their own table? My Sims are being spammed with wants to be petted/kissed/held from their pets. Again. Notifications that community voting is open every Friday, followed by the results of the voting on Monday when I have NPC voting turned off and none of my Sims vote. And these new environmental buffs are just too dumb for words that properly describe how I feel about them. And why must those buffs cancel what I want my Sims to do? And why am I seeing these when I have turned off the affects of using stuff that impacts the eco footprint in my hoods? Still seeing the same whims over and over. Sure would be nice to see a few news ones.

Nifty Knitting is the only pack I have purchased in the past year that actually works as it should, and didn't cause my game to spaz out. I am currently shying away from adding any new mods that might help with some of my game issues. I have so many, and I am playing off line which means I have lost the option to repair my game because I refuse to update right now. Not taking any chances at all with causing more issues by adding and removing mods until I update and am allowed to repair the game again. The way I'm feeling about all of this chaos might keep me from updating for a very long time.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    An unplayable mess for me lately. The simulation lag is kicking in madly since recent patch where NPC sims stand outside of community lots doing nothing meanwhile my sims take six hours to take a dump.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @Paigeisin5 I have noticed that my sims never seem to complete the chess option either. They get the moodlets of having won or lost but they keep playing. Meanwhile I can't get some of them to stick with a painting until it's done for anything.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I have several very annoying bugs but i can solve some with cheats. The ones i can think of are sims eating while standing near the fridge, sims not tending to their needs as they should, sims taking a nap instead of sleeping, sims ignoring social clubs activities, and the low bills. There are others, and i guess i must have the common ones too like the gardening bug but i havent used that feature much so i cant confirm.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    The Journey to Galaxy's Edge patch broke even more stuff than Get Gentrified did. Just 2 examples, the arched windows and doors from Get A Life are broken. As are all the freelancer careers.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member

Here is the toddler stretching glitch in action.

I also have a video of the same toddler holding an umbrella (`which I've never seen before) so that's been interesting lol.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yeah latest couples patches have really done a lot of stuff in for me. Doors and windows from Get Together were broken in the last patch and I use them all the time. I also get the spaghetti arms with toddlers and parents when they do the 'play' interaction. My biggest one lately is sims just completely ignoring actions. Whether it's one queued or several sometimes they'll just ignore them and choose to do nothing instead which...is so so great...

Also hot tob woohoo is broken, they stay under there for hours unless I reset the object 😂😅

I don't use mods but I have some CC. PC player though so probably not super helpful but...yeah my game is kind of broken too :/
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My sims cannot mix certain drinks. The action sticks at around 80% and I have to cancel.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have EL disabled and was doing a test game working on a Sim playing sports at Uni, I had dropped my other Sim i had been playing ( I had saved her in library with current progress) so could change to her after and it took about a week and half and he met her and somehow they ended up liking one another, became engaged and I never took him from his house much( he lived in Oasis Springs, she lived in Glimmerbrook) and after he graduated I finally took him to visit her since she regularly came to see him, I even gave her a key so she could do stuff there and he wouldn't have to stop studying to let her in.

Well when he was visiting I had taken a break from watching them ( I was petting my dog for a min and was waiting till his diploma showed in his inventory before I checked to see about the career) and his autonomy was off but they can still do social interactions, so not sure which one did it, but they eloped when I was not watching (MCCC) and it was on the move in screen. I picked him to move to her home and when it loaded there were no bars or info anywhere, it was a blank bottom part of screen, not even theirs.

I could still click on each as they were both there, was not sure if I should save or what ( forgot to save after he graduated, kicks self, so didnt want to back out) but even upon doing steps if I was gonna it still showed only him not her and him. My husband told me to try to go ahead and save then back out, I was afraid to lol but that did work. I saved and backed out and came back in and all was there now and was like nothing scary or bad had happened.

Idk what caused it, bc I do have MCCC and some CC added, tho I have not done recent update. I will try without all of those in a diff save, I didnt think you had to update mods or CC if you didnt do the update to game, but maybe I still have to, tho only one with an update is MCCC, but do I really need to update that mod if I have not and am not doing the newest update? Im playing offline.