The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Noob question about the Book of Life

How do you use The Book of Life? I had my author Sim make one for his wife as I knew she was going to croak soon. Man, within 30 seconds of me logging into the game this morning she did. But when he read her saga nothing happened. Most likely I misunderstood it or did something wrong, but I thought I'd ask.

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I think it has to be done before you get that notice? That may be why it doesn't work? Or there could be a bug. The game can be weird at times. I've never used it some hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I think the person needing the book has to have it in their inventory, like trading it instead of a death flower
  • wilsonstonewilsonstone Posts: 18 Member
    It was in his inventory. He just took it out and read it, but nothing happened. I still have the save file, but I kept playing to see what would happen...several sim hours later the husband died, too! Their son was in university (from home) but he had plenty of simoleons from his parents. I got him a girlfriend/fiancee so I guess they'll be getting married sooner rather than later.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You need to bind it by capturing the Epic Saga of a living Sim. With this Book, you can call a dead Sim's ghost to your lot, so that you may befriend them and add them to your household where they can be resurrected to life simply by reading their own book.

If The Book of Life is used while the Sim is still alive you can refill their Needs on demand and soothe any negative moods, any time! You may pass this book to a Sim to let them restore their own Needs. Only the Sim that wrote the book may bind it, however, and a Sim may not bind it to themselves. If a couple wanted to have this book for each other, both would need to write the Book of Life, and bind it to the other, thus requiring both to complete the Aspiration.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/writing/
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    While the Sim is alive I think you need to click on the book in the inventory and bind it to a living Sim. I forget how to do it and Carl does not say how to do it. I'm pretty sure you just click on the book in your Sims inventory. If this does not work drag it out from the inventory and click the book. The option to bind it should be available.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I had a Sims who wrote the book for his sister, a vampire. I haven't tried it yet, because, she's still alive! :D But, I do keep it in her inventory.
    OID:- x4m1r4