Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Real Estate Cheat

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Yes
    Most of the time when I'm making a household in CAS, they're not starting out from the beginning in my imagination. I'll get them the house they belong in, cheat money to where it should be, cheat jobs and skills, and then I can play with them. It gets boring to always start at the "beginning" for me.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    Yes
    if i want to creaet a rich family or like a royal or even a alien family or a celebrity family
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Yes
    Depends on my particular brief/backstory for the Sim(s).

I usually build in advance of creating the Sims that are going to use it so generally I do use FreeRealEstate if it's not affordable.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    Yes
    I'm a story simmer so in saves where lifespan is on, sometimes it's important to just put them in the house I envision and let them grow into it than to have them struggle to even get a 50K house in a single lifespan.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Yes
    When I need to, not always. I actually wish we could manually set this in CAS. Not everyone is the same class. Sometimes I want a certain size lot but not have someone be a millionaire. So I'll free real estate a lot, bulldoze it, build what I need.

Or sometimes I'm just lazy, haha.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    Onverser wrote: »
    Once you start using cheats you can't stop. I can't be bothered with rags to riches and making money nowadays.
    freerealestate on and money -insert number- are life savers

I let my Sims have a nice house that holds them well, especially when I'm playing a family. I still enjoy the money making process, especially painters with Plopsy paying 14K for a painting (that pretty much paid my Sim's way through UBrite).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes
    I don't use it so much anymore but if I have a specific back story then I will. I do have some wealthy by motherlode sims but that's because their stories include pre-existing wealth and investments or there's another logical reason. I have the Elderberry family renting out one of their rooms to another random sim, so she is paying them rent each week through Kaching.

Now that we can transfer money between households, I use it much less. I do transfer money around as teens grow up and move out on their own or attend university. Their parents have to figure out how much they can part with for their child. I used to use Freerealestate more to simulate that.

I have no shame about giving households a bit more money to decorate if I want that. This doesn't mean that every household is well off or that they all have the fanciest decor, it just means I personalize their decor without worrying a lot about money. I do have some households that are closer to the "rags" end of the spectrum.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    Only when setting up a neighborhood with sims to fill all the housing. That way, none of the random generated sims get in my homes.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes
    absolutely. Not for the sims I'm planning on playing, but when I'm populating the world, I use the cheat and I'll often cheat them some skills and a job as well.
  • AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    Yes
    I do sometimes, but typically only when I want to move out and marry off an adult child of a wealthy sim, that the game would have start out as penniless, but the parents could otherwise afford to help. I don't usually play those sims anyway so I don't really count it because my sim gains no advantage from it.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Yes
    When the story calls for it.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    No
    I get bored with the live mode gameplay easily so not using the cheat adds more of a challenge to have your sim actually raise the money. Everytime I use cheats on families I am playing as I usually get bored quicker and end up not playing as them anymore
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Yes
    Only when I'm placing households for story purposes or as filler Sims. For my main families, nope! They earn their houses the old-fashioned way. :#
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yes
    I use it when setting up a new save, or if there is a story for the Sim I’m playing. In my generational save I use it for spare siblings so they at least get a nice home, while the heir gets the inheritance money.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I never use it for my own Sims. I only use it if I want to move in some neighbors or other Sims.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes
    Yes, but not in a cheat-y way. I use it to move my library sims (NPCs) into appropriate homes when I build a custom save. Many of them are meant to be established and more wealthy than a starting sim would be.

For the sim I’m playing, I don’t use it.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Yes
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I essentially only use it for non-played sims. My own household I usually put in a cheap starter home.
    Me too.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Yes
    Yes but usually not for my main families.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    No
    no I forgot about it, I do move in ready made families and give them money, only because my sim will be visiting and will need somewhere comfortable, his a freegan. I like the rags to ritches and I'm so glad we can give money away as a gift.
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Yes
    Yes, of course I use it. It's the only way to set up challenges (like the legacy challenge, which requires quite a large lot) or make populate your world with sims (as I don't want to play all my families for a week to move them into the right house for my DIY save).
    banner.png
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    No
    I always forget about it !!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    No
    I'm amused at the number of people that use it for their 'other' families but not the primary. I never even thought of that option.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    No
    Sometimes, my sims sleep in other luxury apartments without a house at the beginning of their sim lives but mostly, a very small and cheap house. I cannot deny I am so lazy to build houses for them. It will take at least 2 hrs to complete a new small house.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Yes
    My actual answer would be "sometimes" It highly depends on the purpose of the household/save. Like my Alien Invasion save, used it. My houseflipper save - used it. My Seven Stories save? Used it (and then burned the house down on purpose). My Rags to Newcrest save? Nope, since it's a rags to riches challenge. Basically if money matters, I won't use it, if it doesn't I do... unless I want to start with a smaller house.

And like others, I'll use it to move in NPC families in to various houses as needed.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    No
    I forget it exists half the time, plus being accustomed to using the money cheat if I do so.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.