Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Real Estate Cheat

Do you use the free real estate cheat? Feel free to say why or why not in comments.
"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

Real Estate Cheat 150 votes

Yes
75%
auroraael14winkeljohn78Kita5399GalacticGalalexspoom13HowGreatThouArtColorist40CamkatPlayerSinger2010imhappyIsb917asimbsimMeteoraStormAuroraBoreallisNyxLunaStarelanorbretonPipersfun2simgirl1010crinrictfriendlysimmers 113 votes
No
24%
jeepjeepcatTheSpotted_CmcruddSimburianhihi122122Paigeisin5JeansooloubyloulouAmj1995LizzychicagotaydevAlwe1507foxybillyInternal_ChaosfeetinstockingsBearpal64SheriSim57Emmpcalaprfycharlesberg 37 votes

Comments

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    No
    I always forget about it. Can you use the cheat in apartments? Does anyone know?
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Yes
    Always. I want my Sims to be as comfortable as possible, without having to worry about living expenses. I even design/equip their house in build mode before I create the Sim--that way they don't have to pay for anything when they move in
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes
    I essentially only use it for non-played sims. My own household I usually put in a cheap starter home.

Edit: it does work on apartments. Wasnt always that way, but I'm glad they added it.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yes
    Once you start using cheats you can't stop. I can't be bothered with rags to riches and making money nowadays.
    freerealestate on and money -insert number- are life savers
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Yes
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I always forget about it. Can you use the cheat in apartments? Does anyone know?

Yes you sure can, I do that all the time
    No
    Thank you! I'm going to try the cheap in San Myusho!

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes... It depends on if the sim has a backstory and I start them off in a house for that at first. Like basically with all my Stardew Valley sims. When I just start a game with a single sim and a vague idea no... I'll just play and make some money or cowbird in on another sim that didn't really need their home anyway.
    egTcBMc.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No
    My sims always begin in affordable yet decent-sized homes which I download from the gallery.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    All the time. As I fictional mayor I don't want too many homes to stay vacant. In Denmark where I live, it would be considered housing benefit.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited September 2020
    No
    I used to but now I just use the "move neighbours in" to surrounding lots from a lot I am playing at the time. I choose my own made Sims families as I have so many of them. It's not a cheat and they get their house for free too. It means that I can still play the lot I'm in without going back to Manage Worlds all the time.

To use it I first add my houses to all lots but one cheap house in each area, move a Sim into it and go from there. He gets motherlode and a nice house to compensate!

• Sims_Geek_GirlSims_Geek_Girl Posts: 8 New Member
    No
    I can never get it to work
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Yes
    OH I do. Mainly for setting up stories cause they should already have houses established....lol
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Yes
    I use it all the time. Mainly to make sure my sims have what they need but I usually cheat their money down and make them earn the rest.

Also, @joRN1414, I'm pretty sure you can use it for apartments as well. I don't play in apartments a lot because of the neighbors.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    I use it when im setting the households at the beginning of my save or if it makes sense for my story.
    No

Hey!! When you open the cheat box type

testingcheats on
    hit enter/return and then...
    freerealestate on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    No

Use my way (above your post) and you can move them into your adjoining lots. It's easier.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes
    Not for my sims though.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes
    Always.

I may use MCCC's 'increase funds' or the 'money-to 0' cheat depending on my sim's lifestyle. But they'll always get their property for free, no matter what! (Because my builds are expensive, even if they're complete shacks.)

Whatever happens after that is the challenge. If my sim can't pay the bills, well....the power will get shut off. They'll have to figure something out. That's what makes it fun for me. Not so much for my sim though...
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Yes
    In reality, most can't afford to outright buy property with or without a house on it. So, rather than simply cheat them the money required, I use freerealestate on. It's really useful when the backstory is an inheritance of said property. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    No
    No, my general play style usually always starts off with a single sim living in a 1 bedroom house or apartment, then work their way up in career etc... but it doesn't take long before they are living in a 10 bedroom mansion as making money is extremely easy in this game anyway.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    No
    No, most of my sims have started off with only their 20,000. But, if something costs a little more or I do want a sim ( and their family) to start off with a higher priced home I just use money cheats. One time had 8 sims that were friends start out in a home together with one bathroom, good thing they had a Bush they could use, lol.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Yes
    I use to move townies around. My Sims move in honest way if ever.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes
    I tend to build first then I get my sims to move in.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    It depends what I am doing. If I am adding neighbors for my Sims yes but I usually do rags to riches so no. In my current save my Sims started in a TLC apartment and they are working their way up to a penthouse.